It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Inqui...tactics mod stuff 
Minor Diety

Post Inqui...tactics mod stuff
So, i installed the tactics mod this afternoon, and started a new game with a solo dwarven barb to prove you wrong.:D :p

I obviously maxed out STR, CON, and DEX for this occasion, and put two slots in two-handed sword, 2 in longsword and 2 in two-handed weapon style. Start the game, tell Imoen to get lost, get splint mail, helmet, longsword, 2-handed sword and buckler. Then freed jaheiera and minsc for the XP and told them to get lost as well.

cleared the usual stuff, then arrived at the roomwith the service golem, got the +1 longsword and used that together with the shield. Then moved up to release Raelev, for Xp, and then up in the laberintish tunnels where them ***** assassins and the war dogs were. (i must admit, those assassins are nastier than i'd have thought, luckily their backstab don't work on me)

Then i opened the door to the library and encountered Illyich and his boys. Remember how you said yesterday that i was so fast? :D well comes in handy now, i ran off, and only the two things followed me, i.e. the golem and Illyich. I managed to get rid of Illyich in the tunnels and had the golem follow me, and locked it in in the room where the two lesseclay golems where. Then went back up and lured Illyich into Raelev's room, and hup, door closed and bye-bye Illyich.:D

Then, i encountered the neophyte Glazebru, which was wandering around for some reason, and locked it in in the room where the service golem was. After that i went back up to the library room to meet the three left (the crossbow dude, the cleric and the monk), and the cleric casts Summon Deva. The deva and the monk both follow me but the deva is faster so i lose the monk, and lock the deva in in the room near to your cells with all the weapons in .:)

Then go back for the monk, and lured him into the big room opposed to the service golem's room. Closed the door, and took him on with my +1 sword. Apparently rage blocks his stun attack, which was nice. Mainly thanks to a critical of 42 dmg i took him down and stole his fancy cloak +1.

Then i had a bit of a prob, the crossbow dude and the cleric are both ranged attackers so they don't really split up. I managed to do so after all, by luring the crossbower around the corner while the cleric was casting some spell, and locked him into the same room as the monk was. This fight was rather hard, cos i practiaclly couldn't hit him, and his attacjs do about 10 damage a time.:/ But with the help of some potions i did it. Tok his crossbow and ammo.(looking back, it might have been better if i had tried to let him run out of bolts, but blah) Then i went for the cleric which wasn't too much of a prob on his own. Took his +1 flail, is apart from Illyich's stuff the only weapon in the dungeon that can damage the golem, and killed the golem with it.

So, now only Illyich and the glazebru were left. I wento to kill the cambion and to see the djinni; and got the helm of balduran on the way. Switched to the sword of chaos, which i needed for the glazebru cos it's +2 aye. Glaebru was really easy with it. Then for the bad boy, Illyich himself. What i did was run in, let him activate his rage and/or "classic blunder: Asian land war" (whatever that is), and get back out and close the door again, until he ran out of rages. Then i attacked him a few times to get him to use his potions and moved back out to rest and heal. Then, for the final blows: moved in, raged, used oil of speed with sword of chaos; and started bashing him. I really had to push it to the limit and reload a few times but i got him. could only hit him on criticals so i got a bit lucky too. :)

Ofcourse, i got bothered a few times by assassins and war dogs, but that was doable. Lvld up once btw.
Oh, and i chose to be lawful evil for its bhaalspawn perks; vampiric touch (2), horror (1), cure light wounds (1), Larloch's Minor Drain (1), slow poison. (1).

Hehe...impossible was it? ;) :D

I do think i'll have to reinstall BG now, cos the changes apply even without starting a new game, so it might mess up or MP game. I copied the save folders to another folder to be sure anyhow before installing the tactics mod.

- Coach

Sat May 10, 2003 9:39 am
Super Moderator

I concede defeat. I must admit - that extra speed came in handy for you. It was really, really difficult with a wild mage and the usual 3 npcs. the only way I managed to do it was by sending in lots of summons (2 mages, 1 druid = lots of summons :D ) to take the hits while I bashed 1 guy at a time. Luckily I managed to gangbash Zhivago before he got off his fallen deva spell - but the rest was still pretty difficult, as I couldn't manage to lure out one or two of them. Eventually I did it - with all of my characters near death - with Jaihera and Minsc bashing away at the demon with shigelllahs while Immy and I emptied our entire spell books at it. It was pretty close, as Karasimov (wizard slayer with crossbow) almost got me (again), but we gangbashed him as well, killing him fairly quickly. They aren't too hard one on one - it's the group which is almost impossible.

All in all - nice work there Rinox. :D

Sat May 10, 2003 2:02 pm
Minor Diety

Heh, ty. :) Tho if it wasn't for the doors and rooms it'd have been impossible. And that guy was a wiz slayer? lol cool, not that it mattered much with my magic-void barbarian but still. :)

I can imagine being so heavy on the mage department is a bit of a pain in this particular fight too, i mean, the wiz slayer, monk, glazebru and golem won't have too much troubles with spells, neither Illyich with his rage, leaving only the clericwho's still got protection spells. :/

- Coach

Sat May 10, 2003 2:11 pm
Super Moderator

Heh, ty. :) Tho if it wasn't for the doors and rooms it'd have been impossible. And that guy was a wiz slayer? lol cool, not that it mattered much with my magic-void barbarian but still. :)

Likewise here - I only won by opening the library door and sending my summons followed by my party, and we all attacked one dude until he died. I then fled, leaving my summons to occupy the rest of them for a short while until I could close the door behind me.

Rinox wrote:
I can imagine being so heavy on the mage department is a bit of a pain in this particular fight too, i mean, the wiz slayer, monk, glazebru and golem won't have too much troubles with spells, neither Illyich with his rage, leaving only the clericwho's still got protection spells. :/

Nah, it wasn't that hard. The only 2 that spells did almost nothing to was Karasimov and the Jailkeep Golem. Everyone else took enough damage for it to be worth using spells.

Sat May 10, 2003 2:28 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!

about time i tried that mod and the ascension one...

Sun May 11, 2003 7:40 am
Minor Diety

I'd try ascension first and then this BJ, ascension mainly is difficult in the final fight, whereas the tactics mod could result in not getting past the first dungeon which kinda sux. :/

- Coach

Sun May 11, 2003 8:42 am
King

I'd try ascension first and then this BJ, ascension mainly is difficult in the final fight, whereas the tactics mod could result in not getting past the first dungeon which kinda sux. :/

Well done Rinox the killing spree seems rather impressive.

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Mon May 12, 2003 6:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]