It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
toughest fight 
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Post toughest fight
playing through the game again the other day..(did all quests that i know off, no re-spawns at all and still only got to 16 level. what the hells that about? :evil: ) and it really struck me that the hardest fight of the lot is the white dragon in the snow globe. its a total biatch :x took about 10 mins actual time to kill it off.

aribeth took about 3 secs, maugrim about 30. what do you think is the hardest fight?

Fri May 09, 2003 2:00 am
Minor Diety

lol well so far I'm only at the end of Chapter 2, and as you know it's months since I was able to play it! But, stretching my memory back, so far I'd say the toughest fight for my little dwarf was against one of those werewolves...the one you find over on the east road I think...ARGH can't remember, I really need to play again!

OH! and while I think of it, next year in my flat I'm going to get Broadband I think!! So, as long as this working computer is delivered, as of about 15 September I'll be able to join you all in multiplayer! yay!

Fri May 09, 2003 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

cool. :D unfortunatly the multi game has stalled somewhat, have to get it going again.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:25 am
Minor Diety

lol well like i say, you've got abou 3 months to sort it! After all, I would risk BG over a dial up connection but the amount of lag that I'd get with NWN...no thanks.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:26 am
Profile WWW
Emperor

when you start playing again, let me know what level you reach, i've heard some people say that they made 20th, but i'm starting to suspect importing going on... :evil:

Fri May 09, 2003 3:56 am
Minor Diety

yeah i will do. i've heard of people reaching lvl 20 but everyone I speak to reckons it's impossible. unless it's something to do with class, like i know in TOB some of the classes could reach about lvl 41 in theory, while others couldn't get past about lvl 37

Fri May 09, 2003 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I've completed it yesterday for the first time (I was bored with the game earlier but I wanted to have completed it before the expansion comes out).
My monk also only reached the 16th level, and I can't have missed much. Klauth (the dragon who wants those eggs in chapter three) was the most difficult for me, partly because I did the Snow Globe dragon last (I was unable to kill him earlier). For Klauth I even had to use my stone of recall very often to recollect Daelan.
I hate those dragon fights, anything else that's rated impossible is easy, but those damned dragons allways kick my ass. I was totally petrified when I found two guardian dragons in the source stone, but when I ran away because I was almost dead I noticed that they finish each other off. :)

The end fight was rediculously easy though.

Fri May 09, 2003 4:25 am
Emperor

idd, i'm convinced that i did every applicable quest, except the class only ones. feel kinda cheated. :evil:

imho the balors where amazingly underpowered. although i had a fighter AND took daelan, we took out even the balor lord in secs. very sucky. the guardian dragons where a bit of a shock, morag was just a piece of piss.

i dunno, maybe time to crank the difficulty right up, maybe the xp bonus's change in relation... :?

Fri May 09, 2003 5:14 am
Minor Diety

Fri May 09, 2003 5:26 am
Emperor

really!!! and still only 16th level? thats shit. :x hopefully sou will let us reach genuine 20th.

don't know which class to try this time, maybe bard or druid...

Fri May 09, 2003 5:33 am
Minor Diety

I'll fill the little time I have untill SoU comes out with Transport Tycoon Deluxe. The NWN OC is not fun enough to play twice soon after each other.

I'm reading the Gamebanshee walkthrough, but there isn't anything untill the end of chapter one I've missed. It must be possible to reach level 20 though.

Fri May 09, 2003 10:26 am
Emperor

i guess but i must admit that i'm not convinced by this. i still believe that people only get there by importing. :?

Sat May 10, 2003 6:41 am
Minor Diety

We'll have to carry out an experiment. Get all the henchmen at some point during the game so you do all their quests, and make sure you do ALL the quests that you can, find them on that gamespot walkthrough or whatever...

Sun May 11, 2003 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Seigneurial Lord

The white dragon.... that was stupid..... I had a level 14 Marksman, and he missed almost every shot. Large dragon - small arrows - level 14 marksman and miss? I had to run from the dragon, turn and fire an arrow. About 1 of 20 arrows was a hit. I think that was my longest fight :S. It was a lot easier with mage on a harder difficulty. Weird game isn't it :roll:

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Sun May 11, 2003 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Indeed, how can it be that my kick-ass level 14 monk with gloves +4 almost never hits?

Sun May 11, 2003 7:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next