It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
My party..Suggestions 
Man at Arms

Post My party..Suggestions
Yeah this is probably one of those topics ya´ll love when it comes to BG..neve been discussed before eh ?

Anyway I could use some tips from the guys in the know :wink:

Party (besides my CG dwarven fighter/thief)

Minsc
Dynaheir
Adjantis
Branwen
Whatshisname (Bard that teamed up with me in Beregost)

I kinda like this setup, and wouldnt like to change it right off the bat..But there has been a bitter mood amongst my party members lately.

Branwen being True neutral and Whatshisname being Chaotic neutral, doesnt seem to like the high rep I´ve been getting lately. And there has been some whining...

Will they pack up and leave my party ?
I dont want them running off with any good stuff :)

And also Branwen doesnt seem to have all the healing spells I remember clerics get (cure medium etc. wounds, but maybe my level isnt high enough yet)

So any advice ?

Are there any better healing clerics about ?

Whatshisname has been a good allrounder (like most bards) and I dont need to clutter up Dynaheirs spells with identify spells with him around. But other than that I could swap him for any good aligned archer..Perhaps Khivan or someone ? (although I´d rather not if I was sure he wouldnt just leave me hanging at any moment)

Thanks guys !

Thu May 08, 2003 1:29 pm
Felix Rex

I'm a major fan of Viconia. In fact, I have both Branwen and Viconia, I believe. Having dual clerics is great...but anyway...

I also like Kivan. Never played with a Bard, so I can't really comment on that. You may want to think about that dwarf from Beregost as a replacement for Minsc, though. He's got (I believe) 20 Con, so he regenerates. Very handy...no healing spells, just sleep and he's good. Also quite handy with an axe.

I hate Adjantis. Isn't he the Paladin? Dynaheir isn't bad at all, though I'd rather have Edwin, to be honest. Anyway, that's my suggestions.

Thu May 08, 2003 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

mmm, youve gone for the more tanking option here.

Adjantis is a Paladin right? If so, ditch Garrick and get a thief.

Also, is Branwen a druid or summin? If so, keep her.

And lastly, Dynaheir is amazing. Thought apart from petty Bard spells, she is your only offensive caster.

Fri May 09, 2003 1:57 am
Minor Diety

i've not got to the bit where you actually get Dynaheir yet but aren't her and Minsc inseperable? Like Xan and...oh, whatsisface...can't remember lol.

Fri May 09, 2003 3:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Like Jaheira and Khalid. Although, theres a way of doing it anyway. ;)

Fri May 09, 2003 3:43 am
Minor Diety

Really? Coz i know I liked whoever it is with Xan (Mon-something? *shrugs*) but when I tried to get rid of Xan he just upped and left. I did like Xan but he died waaaaaay too easily

Fri May 09, 2003 3:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Xan is a mage. Yuore on about, wacko with Montarion (?). Hes also a Mage though i dont know his name, (i dont think its Xan, but similar).

Check out http://www.gamebanshee.com

Fri May 09, 2003 3:59 am
Minor Diety

yeah I know Xan is a mage (yeah, Montaron, that's it!), but he would die soooo easily when I had him. Like, one hit from a kobold would leave him with 1hp.

ooh lol just looked at thingy, gamebanshee. was Xzar I was thinking of. I'm probably getting confused coz reading the character descriptions I had just picked up Xan when I last played.

But anyway, I liked XZAR but he just died too easily. So annoying if you click on him though: "Stop prodding me!" such a whiny voice...

Fri May 09, 2003 4:14 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Fri May 09, 2003 5:18 am
King

Post Re: My party..Suggestions
Crazydwarf wrote:
Yeah this is probably one of those topics ya´ll love when it comes to BG..neve been discussed before eh ?

Anyway I could use some tips from the guys in the know :wink:

Party (besides my CG dwarven fighter/thief)

Minsc
Dynaheir
Adjantis
Branwen
Whatshisname (Bard that teamed up with me in Beregost)

I kinda like this setup, and wouldnt like to change it right off the bat..But there has been a bitter mood amongst my party members lately.

Branwen being True neutral and Whatshisname being Chaotic neutral, doesnt seem to like the high rep I´ve been getting lately. And there has been some whining...

Will they pack up and leave my party ?
I dont want them running off with any good stuff :)

And also Branwen doesnt seem to have all the healing spells I remember clerics get (cure medium etc. wounds, but maybe my level isnt high enough yet)

So any advice ?

Are there any better healing clerics about ?

Whatshisname has been a good allrounder (like most bards) and I dont need to clutter up Dynaheirs spells with identify spells with him around. But other than that I could swap him for any good aligned archer..Perhaps Khivan or someone ? (although I´d rather not if I was sure he wouldnt just leave me hanging at any moment)

Thanks guys !

Firstly they won't finish your party cos the rep doesn't go that high. They only complain. Second the bard Garrick is decent so keep him if you want to. If you want you should ditch Branwen for Yeslick at the Cloakwood Mines. He's decent, good (no complaints) has a better special (dispel magic) and can be an awesome fighter. He's a Lawful Good Dwarf, Fighter/Cleric

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Fri May 09, 2003 6:09 am
Felix Rex

btw, the way to separate Minsc and Dynaheir, Montaron and Xzar, and Khalid with Jaheira....just strip him of weapons and armor and have him try to take out some kobolds or something. That's the way I did it.

Fri May 09, 2003 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Man at Arms

Satis wrote:
I also like Kivan. Never played with a Bard, so I can't really comment on that. You may want to think about that dwarf from Beregost as a replacement for Minsc, though. He's got (I believe) 20 Con, so he regenerates. Very handy...no healing spells, just sleep and he's good. Also quite handy with an axe.

I hate Adjantis. Isn't he the Paladin? Dynaheir isn't bad at all, though I'd rather have Edwin, to be honest. Anyway, that's my suggestions.

Kivan is good..But Garrick (thanks Derf) is handy with a bow too and has high lore (wich is the main reason I like him around), and the only spells I have memorized on him are identify.

Minsc is too cool a character to replace IMHO :P
But Korgan ? has an evil alignment and wouldnt fit well in my party, same with Edwin, otherwise I would have prefered him too. My main char also has 20 con 8)

Derf wrote:
Concerning Combat Effectiveness:

mmm, youve gone for the more tanking option here.

Adjantis is a Paladin right? If so, ditch Garrick and get a thief.

Also, is Branwen a druid or summin? If so, keep her.

And lastly, Dynaheir is amazing. Thought apart from petty Bard spells, she is your only offensive caster.

Aye I play kinda "tanked" wich has worked out sofar
Minsc, Branwen (Cleric) and Adjantis (Paladin) up front.
Garrick, Dyna and myself covering the rear (although I can jump my main up front too if my tanks need a quick "fixer-upper")

I havent needed much magic yet..Although Dyna seems very capable, I dont do much thief stuff either, but my main handles that bit when necessary.

Will this hurt me in the long run ?
would hate to be caught in a magic craving situation without enough force. Also I have picked Algernons cloak (I decided against stealing Drizzts scimitar..Felt kinda cheesy) but is there any other situation where pickpocket is really handy ? (game puzzle or something ?)

Myr wrote:
Firstly they won't finish your party cos the rep doesn't go that high. They only complain. Second the bard Garrick is decent so keep him if you want to. If you want you should ditch Branwen for Yeslick at the Cloakwood Mines. He's decent, good (no complaints) has a better special (dispel magic) and can be an awesome fighter. He's a Lawful Good Dwarf, Fighter/Cleric

Cool I might do that when I meet him (currently I have taken a holy oath to clear every area east of Bergost and down the sword coast from fog-of-war before going to the west half beyond the mines :D )
Branwen has done good in combat (Basslilus hammer is nice but awful colour :P ) but another tank couldnt hurt..Especially since I just aquiered the light crossbow of speed for my main :rifle:

But knowing they wont leave me (as the evil ones would) puts my worries at rest..Thanks again !

Fri May 09, 2003 5:11 pm
Minor Diety

I'd strongly advise to keep Branwen, she rocks.:)

- Coach

Fri May 09, 2003 7:49 pm
Man at Arms

Indeed she does..But hearing "Our actions are not of warrior born" every 20-30 minutes or so is kinda getting on my nerve :P

Garric atleast has the smarts to argue with Dynaheir instead of the party leader :wink:

I´ll atleast check Yeslic out though.
But I suspect that will bring my amount of healing spells down a notch.
Being a mostly close combat party I can use up all of them after a good fight..Then have more fights randomly when I try to sleep up :lol:

PITA (and a bit cheesy) to use the quicksave and sleep/reload routine every time I get banged up badly

Fri May 09, 2003 8:52 pm
Minor Diety

Satis. There is a better way of doing it.

Im going to set an exmaple character for this explanation.

1. Set Jaheira on the opposite edge of the map location to your party.

2. Go into the organise party section and "remove" her.

3. She will now begin to walk to you and tell Khalid to go with her.

4. Simply exit the location before she reaches you. :lol:

Cunning eh?

Sat May 10, 2003 6:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next