It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Impossible fight (?) 
Minor Diety

Post Impossible fight (?)
I just ran into a party of 4, consisting of 2 mages, a ranger and a dwarven fighter i think, in the asylum. It`s part of the "impossible asylum"-mod i installed. Anyone (especially ox) ever fought these guys? I did some research and the items they have are serieusly overpowered for SOA, maybe even for TOB. Breudayal, Anastacia, Thordek and some other dude, check if they`re in your enemie list with Shadowkeeper if you wish.

If anybody fought them, any hints? I`ll see if i can kill them, there are some bugs that i can abuse which allowed me to kill 3 of them, but the last mage has some berserk rage ability that kills and imprisons several partymembers. So i died that time. Maybe i should consider using traps, maybe i can take them out like that.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:10 am
Minor Diety

Always use traps, they're such an easy bonus that you can't miss them.

Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:13 am
Minor Diety

Damn, setting traps doesn`t work very well. The most powerful mage seems to go berserk when i kill his girl (the ranger), and he kills and imprisons partymember after partymember when he does that, i can`t do anything about that. So i need to take him out first.
I can`t attack him though since he turns himself invisible and casts protection from divination and abjuration, so i can`t dispel his invisibility. I tried surrounding him with traps, but when i attack the traps injure his team members, logical since he`s invisible. He also tends to cast 4 or 5 timestops in a row, i`ve always been out of his sight so he didn`t attack me, but when i approach he fires away high lvl spells (like wail of banshee, comet, ..).

So any tips on that, i`m unfamiliar with the immunity from (school) spells, is there a way to get rid of that? (i think there isn`t but not sure)

~King of Thieves~

Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:50 pm
Minor Diety

Hell if I know, you're the one starting insanely difficult mods. :P
All I know are the same cheap old tactics I always use to exploit BGII AI's stupidity. :roll:
I take it you've tried luring them away one by one? Or kill one, run away to another map, rest and return?

Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:55 pm
Minor Diety

I can dispose the second mage rather easily by throwing in fireballs, cloudkills, ... . I can kill the ranger as well, but the problem is that her husband goes insane and kills everybody, even when he doesn`t see me. The dwarf isn`t that big of a problem either, he`s though but he doesn`t do anything special as far as i know. It`s the leader, a supermage i might say, that troubles me. I`ll post some of his equipment here, that gives you an idea of the problems i`m in.

Oh btw, you can just ignore them, but i started this insane trip for the challenges, not to run away.

Robe of Mystra
STATISTICS

Immune to Timestop
Immune to Level 6 and lower spells
Immune to Death Magic or Instant Death Effects of Items
Immune to Fear
Immune to Charm
Immune to Confusion
Immune to Imprisonment
+75% Magic Resistance
+40% Acid Resistance
+40% Fire Resistance
+40% Cold Resistance
+40% Electrical Resistance
Immune to +3 and lower weapons
Adds +4 Level 9 Spells per day

AC: 4

D'Sorpal Circlet
STATISTICS

+3 Level 1-7 Wizard Spells

Ring of Knowledge
STATISTICS

+3 Level 3-6 Mage Spells

Rastor's Ring of Mage Shielding
STATISTICS

Wearer is Immune to Transmutation magic
Wearing is Immune to any Offensive Spell targetted upon the wearer.

Ow crap hadn`t even seen this one yet, what`s transmutation magic btw??

Oh he also has the staff of the true magi (like the one you get in the twisted rune).

Mace of disruption is about the only weapon higher than +3 i have, i think.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:03 pm
Minor Diety

Mm after some browsing through the creatures list, i noticed that their items are just insane, and that it will make the rest of the game totally unbalanced. So i`ll leave them for now. I`m gonna make me a savegame though, i`m meeting with these guys later, and then they`ll ehm .. prolly still kick my ass. :P

~King of Thieves~

Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:24 pm
Minor Diety

Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:47 pm
Minor Diety

Polymorph self/other, that was all i could think of, but if that`s all it`s just a stupid protection if you ask me.
But as you can see, some items are just too powerful, with only the robe of Mystra you`re already a half-god.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:49 am
Minor Diety

Hehe, Mystra is a godess after all. ;) But seriously, I never did the improved asylum bit. :/ I tried to install it when I first started my new game of BG as I said, but some stuff conflicted so I did a re-re-install etc. blabla.

I told you about the AI using the combo improved invisibility/protection from eh. ;) It's kinda hard to help without knowing the setting and stuff, but i'll try. He must become attackable-invisible right? Like, not targettable by spells but vulnerable to physical attacks. In that case (and so many other cases), Minute meteors are your best friend. :) Other than that is there a chance to send in summons? Try a few nishruu's and hakeshars, with a bit of luck he's not packing 50 dispels and death spells. :roll: Or just a LOT of really really weak summons to let him waste his spells and timestops on.

Other than that there's always the chance to lvl up, and rain down meteors later on. :roll:

I remember there was a catch to the protection from..combination, but I've forgotten what. Bah! :( Something to do with other scrying abilities which weren't considered to be abjuration/divination or something. Sorry J, I'll look around later tonight. Now I feel like playing that too, bu I'm too afraid to fuck up my game again by installing the improved asylum. ;)

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:48 am
Minor Diety

Another annoying thing: in the room where the 4 bitches are, i can`t pause .. don`t ask me why but i just cannot pause the game, even when they`re not hostile.

The guy has 75% magic resistance, resistance to lvl 6 and lower spells AND immune to +3 and lower weapons .. me thinks it`s as good as impossible to take him out at this point of the game. It`s a pity you run into them in bodhi`s gauntlet, now i have no option of returning to take up the challenge.

Oh and i just ran into 2 mages, accompagnied by 3 umber hulks and i estimate 20 noble umber hulks. Some of these mod-makers must have been insane. TWENTY !!!
If i manage to kill them all it will be good experience of course. Oh and there`s also a lich waiting for me, and he brought his little friend Pit Fiend with him .. AAARGH. Off to BG-land again.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:05 am
Minor Diety

LOL@ 20 noble umber hulks. I bet your pc lagged. ;)

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:07 am
Minor Diety

I'm not taking that bet since i'm gonna lose that :D
Btw I think i was wrong about the number, i've killed 5 of them and now there are about 20 of them. Plus the 2 mages of course.
Took care of the lich with his 2 Pit Fiends (someone brought his friend to play, grrr), only to notice that i can fight 2 liches and 2 Pit Fiends if i want to visit the Library there. I think i'll leave those guys to rot there, I still have some umberhulk infestation to take care off. Again it's kinda optional, i can get past them if i want, but i'm not going to run away from every fight. I just had to pass twice on a fight, it's getting degrading.

Oh i'm kinda underequiped when it comes down to spells, no summon nishruu or hakeshar spell or scrolls, i can cast lvl 7 spells as my highest, so i'm kinda depending on my fighting skills to overcome problems.

Having to make the same saving throw 20 times (confusion, sigh) doesn`t help either. And why do they have so many hitpoints. And why are there so many dirty dishes and glasses in the sink here??

~King of Thieves~

Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:31 am
Minor Diety

Took a screenshot of the umber hulks, well some of them since i already killed a couple of them. They seem to respawn or something i dunno, no matter how many i kill there just remains a gigantic pack of noble umber hulks. After i took the screenshot i think i killed 10-15 of them, mainly through area effect spells and melee, and hoping that not all of them come out. And even now there still seem to be 15-20. I think i'm giving up now, rot in hell i say !!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:09 am
Minor Diety

LOOOL, I think I might have to install improved asylum after all, i'll take the risk of conflicting mods then. :D I bet these umber hulks don't insta-die with a cloudkill huh? ;)

- Coach

Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:43 pm
Minor Diety

Oh no, it just pisses them off and then they ALL rush out. I think if i rest and throw in some incendairy clouds it could kill them, but my wild mage hasn`t shown much luck lately with his rolls. And i would have to rest and waste my good spells which i probably will need in the next part of the dungeon.

Anyone tried to count them allready? :P

Mm got a question now: I ran into a girl (Arianna) that is in total panic, when you enter the 2nd lvl you get the message 'Arianna - moral failure: panic' or something in that line. But she doesn`t say a thing if you adress her. I`ve tried to dispel magic, resist fear, remove magic, everything that came to my mind, her circle remains yellow. I`ve also killed her, she had no items. Is this some unfinished quest they wanted to add or what? have you seen this ox?

~King of Thieves~

Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next