It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Baldur's Gate walkthrough 
Peasant

Well, I am new; but I might help with the walkthrough. I played and finished BG1, 2, ToB, Icewind Dale, and all of them with different characters. 8)
But I never found out what in the God's name are Golden/silver pantaloons used for!
I'm intrigued... :?

Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:38 am
Minor Diety

There are 3 pair of pants: golden from that inn, silver from the ransom-quest and a third one in ToB where you can let some adventurers go get them for you. i think.

all 3 together can be forged into a special item. dunno if someone knows a link to a picture or so. you get the big metal unit that makes you look like an iron golem and boosts your ac with -10 (i seem to remember)

This comes from the BG-FAQ:Q: What is the "pants enigma"?

A: The pants enigma is a "secret" feature revolving around three pairs of pants:

-> the golden pantaloons; given to you by a noble in the Friendly Arm Inn in BG1(!), who mistakes you for the cleaning service. if you carry them in your inventory at the end of BG1 and import your character into SOA it will appear behind the painting in the small room with the golem and weapons close to your starting point in SOA.
->the silver pants; go to the graveyard district, help the man who was buried alive, get the piece of red cloth, confront the groundskeeper, then travel to the bridge district and look for the guy with the flashy red clothing in the south-western part. They will run into a house, enter the house, kill 'em, go up to the first floor and check the cupboard for the ransom note. Now go collect the ransom (the pants) yourself.
-> the bronze pantalettes; in ToB in Abizagals lair you will encounter three petrified adventurers at some point. Turn them back to flesh and ask them to get the item you need (an eye), and they will return with the eye the pantalettes.

The pairs of pants can be forged into special items by a smith named Kerrick in the desert village Amkethran in ToB.

And here is a link: http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg2/wa ... _bmu.shtml

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:01 pm
Felix Rex

Well, I am new; but I might help with the walkthrough. I played and finished BG1, 2, ToB, Icewind Dale, and all of them with different characters. 8)

well, if you decide you'd like to help out, give me a PM or something. Be sure it's something you're willing to do, though... it's alot of work (which is why I asked for help in the first place). :)

Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
King

Fire wrote:

well, if you decide you'd like to help out, give me a PM or something. Be sure it's something you're willing to do, though... it's alot of work (which is why I asked for help in the first place). :)

We know Satis, we have played the game, thinking about it though, I started at the start of the month for SoA and I'm in the Underdark and about to sort out that egg thing after i've defeated the drow lich in the Tower

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:22 am
Peasant

Then I better hear the "job description" first, don't you think? :twisted:
You got PM...

Fri Jul 25, 2003 8:26 am
Felix Rex

Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Duke

Sat Jul 26, 2003 7:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
King

I GOT HAPPY PANTS!

Trust you Pig :roll:

I think drugs have done some really good things. If you don't believe me, go home tonight, take all your cassettes, CDs, etc and burn them. Because those artists that have made that music were real fucking high- Bill Hicks

Sun Jul 27, 2003 5:22 am
Emperor

But I never found out what in the God's name are Golden/silver pantaloons used for!

Fuckin', holy Cow! That's really you, Fire.
I'm very glad to see you here, my friend.

This is info about pants, anyway:

The Golden Pantaloons did surely see the very beginnings of our realm; though I must press that they "saw" this formative time by their simple presence, and not through some vestigial eyes that might have erupted through a rear pocket perhaps concealing teeth and other improbable extremities. I am sure that the various owners of the pantaloons can attest to the general lack of animated digits or ocular sensors, as evidenced by the continued sanctity and privacy maintained by their respective buttocks.
Lyric pantoums of an age long since out of print speak of "trousers that were as metal, though soft about the shanks." While it might be easy to jump to the seemingly inevitable conclusion that the trousers rose while Netheril fell, it is doubtful that the pantaloons were the garments of which they speak. One must clarify these oft-misquoted verses with knowledge of the Pantechnicon, an ancient bazaar once prized for Silver Pantalets. Fine these may have been, but golden they were not. Nickel Panties are also said to be currently available, though the dockside establishments that claim to offer these products are beyond my meager experience, and thus I can make no report.
The purpose of the Pantaloons is as mysterious as ever, and will likely remain so until the Pantocrator himself returns, though some properties can be divined though intimate observation. The "uplifting" properties of the gusset very nearly defy gravity, shaping quite nicely both the front and rear. This improved contour would likely increase self-esteem for a wearer of either sex. I would hazard a guess, however, that this continuing self delusion might actually hamper cognitive functions, and care should be taken in the wearing of any pantaloons of golden nature.

+

A high quality pair of silver pantaloons. This was the ransom paid by Welther for the release of Lady Elgea.

+

The pinnacle of style and the epitome of fashion, those of discerning taste would rather wear nothing at all than substitute inferior apparel for the Bronze Pantalettes.

---------------------------------------------

Found within a long forgotten pocket of our collected pantology, herein tales the lie of the Metal "Unit".

Gargantua was self-proclaimed lord of his immeasurable lower regions until his son, Pantagruel, questioned the accuracy of the ruler. With his shortcomings exposed, great Gargantua lay prostrate upon the ground while Pantagruel sought to cover his cuirass in case his now governing body lost its sway. He was warned that the people would cut him no slacks, but he never listened, and had burned his britches behind him. Undaunted, he fulfilled his animus with the robes of his father, as uncomfortable as that might sound, and shaped the Metal "Unit" with his own hands.

The rule of Pantagruel was a discommoding morass, his armor eventually suffering a breach in the breech that proved his undoing. As his basket left the pantry, so to speak, his regime fell to insurrection, and so complete was the sacking that not even his Metal "Unit" could be found. The component pieces, a pantaloon triumvirate, were lost in the annals of time.

You now bear the awesome responsibility of the Metal "Unit". Gussets of wind, seams like reality, pockets of resistance, the seat of power, and legs as flared as your temper. Polish it well; the onus is now on you.

Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:17 am
Profile WWW
King

Fire wrote:

Fuckin', holy Cow! That's really you, Fire.
I'm very glad to see you here, my friend.

You know Fire?

Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:01 am
Minor Diety

Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:17 am
King

Appearently.

I asked him, not you :rifle:

Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:30 am
Emperor

You know Fire?

Err... Yes?

Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:45 am
Profile WWW
King

Myrddin L'argenton wrote:
You know Fire?

Err... Yes?

By the way I was pointing that thing at Inquistor

Wed Aug 06, 2003 4:30 am
Super Moderator

Wed Aug 06, 2003 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next