It is currently Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PPG Infinity Engine Modlist 
Minor Diety

K, this one ain't a singer, nor did I 'make' it myself. It's just too cool a pic not to use. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:33 pm
Minor Diety

Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:42 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
heh, nothing wrong with using pictures of hot woman :D

Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:04 am
Minor Diety

There you go...besides, I refer to the statement about being singly. :roll: I can do whatever the heck I like, my nerdity limit has been reached. :P

- Coach

Wed Sep 08, 2004 6:58 am
Minor Diety

Hey what`s the deal with the WeiDU thingie .. seem to be missing something.

I might be tempted to install some stuff myself and start a new game, although i need to remove bg2 completely since i have TDD installed (right?). So is this WeiDU some kind of installer that i need to download or can i just download these things?

Was planning to continue ToB with my TDD party, but i think i`m currently overpowered so restarting with some mods might be more challenging.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:50 am
Minor Diety

It's not really an installer, it's dialogue compiler thingie that doesn't have conflicts with other mods using weidu. Bleh, sorry for the crappy explanation, I've been out of it for a while too. Just check www.weidu.org when it's back up. (down atm for me)

And yes, you're best off doing a full re-install of bg2+tob if you're planning to get rid of it and doing ascension. :) TDD will do that to you, overpower your party. :(

- Coach

Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:46 am
Minor Diety

Hey J, the site is back up; read this for info about weidu:

http://www.weidu.org/main.html#weidu

Meanwhile, I've been playing around a bit in Atkathla itself. I went to kill the turnip golem, which was disappointingly easy. :( I mean, it must one of the first things I did after Irenicus' dungeon, and it was done in 10 seconds. Either there was something wrong with it or it isn't worthy of being classified as a tactical challenge, hehe.

Also took on the gnome fighter/illusionist in the dock, with his two familiars (who fire friggin horrid wiltings..i wish mine could do that :P ) Then did some routine quests like the Mae'var one. I'm currently in the temple district, a lot do to here. Loot temple of lathander for the golden statuette, then take on the radiant heart suckas; and after that the improved guarded compound and/or unseeing eye quest. Wahey!

Between things I've been having fun with killing off cowled wizards. :) I've just beaten their final delegation, which was a major pain in the ass for my lvl 10 freak party. :roll: Casting timestops, horrid wiltings, power word kill (bards' hp :/ ), and so forth. Bleh, it took me some time and some running all over the temple district, but I did it.

Here's 2 screens: the first one displays a battlefield of dead cowled wizards, ruffians, civilians and party members. The thing is: i killed the ruffians, cast a spell to lure out a band of cowled bastards, whooped their asses, BUT for some bizarro reason there immedeately teleported in another band of them, near the end of the battle. :/ (normally speaking you can cast spells unpunished for a while after beating one of them). I brought them down too, but due to my bards' spells running out at a great expense of my pary, as you will notice. :roll:

Other screen is just the pwnz0r councilmembers of the cowled wizards teleporting in.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:07 pm
Minor Diety

Alllllrighty then, installed a lot of stuff, now got to make me a party.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
heh, you 2 have given me the bug, installed unfinished business, improved battles, etc, gona get tasha and solafein(sp) and install ascension and redemption.

first time at the tougher battles, this should be fun :D :wink:

Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:41 am
Minor Diety

Just started the game, wanted to have a bit of a `reunion` with some of my most liked characters, and some that i finished bg1 with and was planning to play bg2 with. But my berserker had to move when i noticed i could make an anti-paladin. I doubt my party i very balanced, but we`ll see where the trip ends. If ox can do it with his party, i should be able to do it with mine i`d say.

I made myself an half-orc anti-paladin, took along my beloved thievingsisters as an Assassin and a Swashbuckler, my fighter-cleric from bg1 and my wild mage that i grew fond of. That leaves one open slot that i`m not sure how to fill (even not sure if i will fill it in at all). Edwin is a good candidate, having 2 great spellcasters will prove useful no doubt. Or perhaps Viconia.

First encounter with a rune assassin .. anti-paladin lost about 60 hp .. joy .. i saved just before i met 2 others who jumped at my assassin (and killed her and my main character who jumped to the rescue :( ). This is still the warm-up round though.
btw it sucks that they seem to be able to detect my `hidden in shadows` assassin

~King of Thieves~

Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:06 am
Minor Diety

W00t...I hope you're both going to be owned. :twisted: and lol@ rune assasins...wait till you meet Iliych and his party J. ;) I think the rune assassins might havehigh detect illusion-ability, dunno.

- Coach

Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:59 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah well .. i`m getting owned big time so far. I`m going to have nightmares concerning rune assassins, i must adapt my tactics a bit. Or better a lot. And yes i bumped into Iliych and friends, WITH 2 rune assassins at that point. I didn`t even wait until i died to reload. Bitches.

The difference is huge, i normally even didn`t bother to sleep in the `normal` dungeon. I think this time i`m going to need everything i have plus a lot of luck. Took jaheira with me for the harper`s quest, her summon woodland being comes in handy, mass heal + bait for assassins ;-)

~King of Thieves~

Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:11 pm
Minor Diety

haha...do the doors automatically stay open in this version of the battle? Cos that makes a HUGE difference...

- Coach

Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:16 pm
Minor Diety

I noticed i can still close doors, luckily. SO i`ll be able to lure them and close the door after the first, lure the second if i kill the first etc. etc.
So that`s already a big portion of luck :-D

~King of Thieves~

Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:20 pm
Minor Diety

i was at the point of banging my head through the screen but i managed to take them all out. That room was literally packed with enemies!! Ilyich and his buddies, 2 rune assassins, some guardian golem. And some devilish thing, forgot the name, looks a bit like the cornugons but it`s the other kind (turns out to be some glabrezu). And let`s not forget the mephit :-p.
I think it took me at least 2-3 hours to get the job done, suckers didn`t want to come out one by one. Last fight was against Ilyich buddies, the rest was already killed by then. And WTF @ FALLEN DEVA !!! Fire storm and power word kill or something are spells i do NOT want to see when i`m lvl 7 or so.

Anyway i`m happy now :-)

*edit* *BJ THE FOLLOWING MIGHT SPOIL SOMETHING* appearantly they aren`t all supposed to be where i met them, but ilyich and friends are `patrolling` the area. That explains the massive amount of enemies in the library. That Otyuch had a nice surprise as well.

~King of Thieves~

Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next