It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Eye of the North 
Minor Diety

Post Eye of the North
Came this close to buying Eye of the North in the shop today, in an attempt to drive away my boredom in my quest for work...I might still do so sometime later, but I was wondering if any of you have it? Is it any good?

Also...is there any sort of carry-over from GW to GW2? Cos I read this sentence on the GW site:

Quote:
# You Can Take It with You—Your achievements, trophies, and titles from Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North will not be forgotten. Your Hall of Monuments will preserve them until your descendants can claim them in Guild Wars 2.

I was hoping that I could transfer stuff like armor and characters and gold... :roll:

- Coach

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:12 pm
Minor Diety

Duh, of course I have it... still gotta finish it actually...
Yes, I enjoy it. There's more rep-grind like in Nightfall but it's easier to get the points than in NF. I also love the new henchies and the story is meant to tie in all the loose ends from the others (but as you know I only finished Proph)

There is some tie-in too, though we don't know specifics yet. Basically if you get GWEN you get a Hall of Monuments, through which you can add certain 'achievements' (such as minipets, end-game armour and weapons, titles etc) and when GW2 comes out, based on the stuff in your HoM, you may get exclusive pets, armours... we're not too sure yet.

Psssst it's the 3 year birthday this weekend. Pev will be 3 on Monday 28th!

Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks for the info Pev! Well I might just buy it if I have money and a job then, it sure looks interesting. Does the Gwen quest thingie come together with GW:EotN? Or do you still need to purchase it seperately or something? :)

I was in Prague this weekend, so I missed the anniversary weekend...bummer. :( But then I'm on smallband anyway until the first of next month so it'll be a few days before I'll be able to actually download and play the game anyway.

Are you still interested in finishing NF and Factions or is it kinda moot for you at this point? As you know, I finished them all and if and when I start playing GW again I'll be more than happy to help you out! Maybe we could even get Satis and co to help out if they have the time. :)

- Coach

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:37 am
Minor Diety

I'm still interested... it's just whether I can tear myself away from Horizons. hehe.

There are lots of Gwen missions in GW:EN but I'm guessing you mean the one where you find out what happened to her when Ascalon got destroyed, in which case no, you need to buy the Bonus Mission Pack from the online store.

I didn't log on for the anniversary weekend either, about to log in to see what my birthday present was though (meant to check on monday, woot for being there from the start)

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, I think the only times I've signed in during the last 12 months was to check for birthday presents. :roll: I'd probably play totally crappy.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That or you're high on PCP again. :roll: :twisted:

Anyway, I just checked out the GW store. Wtf? They sell all the skills in their store now, instead of having to buy/cap them? And I thought Bethesda was being lame whit their plugins.

Man, I swear...used to be a time when companies wouldn't offer you the option to 'win' a game without even playing in exchange for money. Not legally at least.

- Coach

Thu May 01, 2008 1:57 pm
Stranger

Only singleplayer games matter now, the MMO genre is going rapidly down the toilet and WoW is in the lead :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu May 01, 2008 3:33 pm
Minor Diety

That's for PvP I believe Ox, not for PvE. So rather than starting out with a limited skillset and getting your ass kicked, you can buy enough to challenge people and then buy the others for fame if you really want.

edit: nope, you're right, I just checked... those are new since I last logged in... everything but the elites... hmmmm that's actually tempting... *resists* That said I'm never gonna get enough plat to unlock all the skills and it does stick with their original model of everyone being 'equal'... just a shame they haven'td ecided to do it for free since you can't really be equal if you don't have the real life money for it.

Fri May 02, 2008 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I think them selling in-game achievements for cash in their story is pretty freakin' lame.

Is anyone playing GW any more? What's the play population like? I mean, Prophecies was kinda underpopulated the last time I was there, and that was quite awhile ago.

Fri May 02, 2008 7:39 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I go back on and off, never for long. It's still pretty damn populated (5 mil over all) but they introduced Taiwanese servers as well, so we're even more thinned out. That and most people don't group coz of having Heroes (I try to avoid it still) or are doing PvP. At the end of the day it will start to go downhill coz old-time players are waiting for #2 and pretty much done what they wanted/needed to

Fri May 02, 2008 12:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That said I'm never gonna get enough plat to unlock all the skills and it does stick with their original model of everyone being 'equal'... just a shame they haven'td ecided to do it for free since you can't really be equal if you don't have the real life money for it.

That's called 'American equality' :twisted: hehehhee!

No, but seriously, I guess they're just trying to squeeze the last dollars from GW 1 while working on its successor. Understandable, but...lame.

I actually downloaded the client again and checked on my chars and it still looked cool, but kinda deserted indeed. Probably better in the evening but still.

Also started playing Vampire:Bloodlines again with the latest unofficial patch (up to 5.2!). Still a great game and now finally bug-free. Plays like a charm. (playing Malkavian, what a riot)

- Coach

Sat May 03, 2008 6:24 am
Felix Rex

wow, there are new patches? Did they add anything or is it just bug fixes and whatnot? And how are these people unofficially patching it? Is it the original developers, or did the developers release the source code, or did someone reverse engineer it?

Sat May 03, 2008 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

OT: Its the same with Gothic 3. The official patch is something like 1.12 but the community patch is already 1.6

On topic: Any idea when GW2 should be expected.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat May 03, 2008 12:19 pm
Minor Diety

wow, there are new patches? Did they add anything or is it just bug fixes and whatnot? And how are these people unofficially patching it? Is it the original developers, or did the developers release the source code, or did someone reverse engineer it?

Yeah, and they make the game a whole lot more enjoyable. I don't know how exactly these guys do it but they do...I don't know if there is an editor for the game or not. Anyway, the unofficial patch I have is so 'professional' that they give two options on installation:

- regular bugfixes and restored content
- game-alterating options and choices that were hidden in the original content files.

Check this wiki entry:

Quote:
Unofficial Patches

Two lines of unofficial patches currently exist: The first "unofficial" patch series was started by Dan Upright and then continued by Werner "Wesp5" Spahl and members of the Planet Vampire community. The default "basic" installation mainly applies bugfixes and restored content with relatively minor impact on the gameplay. On top of this a "plus" version can be installed which includes further gameplay alterations, including new weapons, disciplines, occult items, quest items, and action sequences, based on content left over from development hidden in the installed game files. The latest release is version 5.2,[3] released on April 23, 2008.

An alternate line of patches, the "True Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch" series, was started by Acrimonious and Tessera on the Tessmage.com forums with assistance by several forum members. It is intended to be a patch to the official 1.2 version which only fixes bugs found in the original game or the official 1.2 patch. A very limited amount of unfinished game content has also been restored in the True Patch. The latest, and possibly final, release is version 5.04AT with hotfix #4,[4] released on February 10, 2008.

Troika stopped the official patches on 1.2, the community is still fixing things to this day :twisted: Last patch version is from late April.

- Coach

Sat May 03, 2008 1:11 pm
Minor Diety

gw2 they hope to beta sometime in '08 and release in 09 or 10.

Sat May 03, 2008 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next