It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Nightfall 
Minor Diety

Pev, stop playing Wow and get back on GW! That's right, I uncovered your dark and terrible secret!! :twisted:

Nightfall is pretty darn excellent, and gets nice and hard towards the end...I'm not sure how far I am from the 'actual' end of the game but it can't be that long anymore. And boy, even just stepping a foot outside towns is hard by now...harder than on Fire Island, I daresay.

But I'm digging it :) I'm enjoying the Dervish but it's hard to adjust my style from frontline tanker to secondary melee....still, once I get the skills figured out some more I think he'll make a kickass character.

My war has just hit mainland too and is having a blast. His running capacities make a WORLD of difference in the large n44b areas in the desert. I'm levelling up my heroes not by killing stuff but by having them in my party when I collect XP. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:40 am
Felix Rex

yeppers....I believe my necro is around the spot that Ox is....close, at least. I won't ruin anything. My monk, meanwhile, is not far behind, along with Shiny's paragon. The remained of my charactesr are significantly further behind....either barely on the mainland or still on nub island.

Overall, the game is pretty damned cool. I love the wurm part. :)

Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I have some slight beef with my dervish though...I still like him and he's a pretty kick-ass fighter to throw in the mix when there's a tank around, plus he has some really neat tricks like his instant-heal target other ally (Satis will have noticed it by now :P ) and the avatars etc.

But I find him lacking just a bit in the tanking department. :( I know that's not very surprising but when you're out with henches and heroes, you can't really 'tank' a war per se. You have to do it yourself to an extent. Especially in this erhm, certain mission towards the end. :? It just seems like I'm just short of being a real badass melee char...or maybe I just need to rethink my dervish a bit.

I also have the feeling that his skills selection is rather small compared to most other classes. I know that the primaries have skills from three campaigns by now :P but even compared to the skillset the primary classes had in prophecies it feels like I don't have many.

And I'm still not sure what I want for a secondary yet. I've tried war, monk and ele for various reasons....all had some ups and downs. I think I'm leaning more towards ele, as dervishes deal in a lot of enchantments as it is and could very well expand their 'in the mix' skill package with spells like ward against melee and so on.

Meh...I should get my war moving. With his new armor AND a good paragon in his back he should be nigh indestructible. Hell yeah. :)

- Coach

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:49 am
Minor Diety

Satis, did you make it past gates of madness yet? If you did: you suck! hehe

- Coach

Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:12 am
Felix Rex

lol, no. I ended up playing through half of that fire island mission... then two people lost connection (right after a skill cap *cough*) so the group fell apart and I went to bed. So my assassin still needs ring of fire and beyond. :)

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:54 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You guys go finish the game. The Elite mission is opening on 1st December to those who have finished, check out www.guildwars.com for info on it.

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, cool. :) And it's not that we don't want to finish the game so far, it's that we can't. :roll: The last part of NF is pretty hardcore as it is, and this mission I'm stuck at features an endboss that can pretty much spike my Dervish (max armor, +10% morale boost, defensive skills, a lot of blessings) from max health to death in a second. :(

The mission leading to the fight is pretty long and not a breeze either so it's a bit of a pain. My Dervish has been there for a while already but keeps getting owned. Must have tried it 10 times by now. :/

Fortunately, my tank is very near to that point. No freaking way he'll get spiked! :twisted: I'll probably take him to the elite area, unless it turns out that Dervishes kick ass in Anguish. ;)

- Coach

Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:42 am
Stranger

I envy you guys, i really really wanted to like Guild Wars but it feels boring to me. I like to read on your progress nonetheless :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:33 am
Felix Rex

hehe, it's not bad. Occasionally I get a bit bored of it...after all, I've basically been playing it for 19 months now. But it's better that most of the other crap out there.

Got a bit bored last night, which is why I ran off Ox. Watched some DVDs instead and hoped it would freeze over and I wouldn't have to go to work today. :? My luck, of course, didn't hold, though I'm sure all my lazy ass coworkers will be calling in sick.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I was wondering where you'd gone. :) No matter though. I got my war up to gates of madness yesterday! That'll make a big difference I'm sure. Was kinda easy too, this time around. (the double charge of Devona and me might have something to do with it ho)

Oh and for the record: we did take the long way around last time to reach gates of madness. ;) Instead of going left immediately we should have gone up a bit and tried to run past the huge mob of demons to the next rez shrine. After that it's a band or 2 of shadows ('only' lvl 24) and some running and you're there. Probably easier than our 60% dp saga, haha.

- Coach

Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:19 am
Felix Rex

haha..typical. Oh well, we made it, that's the important thing.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I beat the game with my war in the meantime...Gates of Madness was MUCH easier with him than with my dervish, as I expected. I henched it, too. This time you-know-who couldn't even do as much as get me down to half hp. :roll: I had also equipped the corsair ranger chick with some necro curses specifically to trouble him like weaken armor, price of failure, a hex causing weakness and SS. That helped, methinks.

Anyway, after beating that mission you're teleported directly to the last mission. It's basically a bossfight but not as easy as the Shiro-battle in Factions, don't worry. :) I did on the first time through in a pug so yeah, it's not very hard but still a challenge.

I liked the ending, a lot even. It really felt good. :) Oh and a 'spoiler': you can recruit all the heroes you had to 'reject' during the storyline after you beat the game. That's pretty cool cos I was afraid I had to miss out on the master of whispers! (chose to go with margrid on my war)

Last but not least....I ventured out into the Domain of Anguish. First impression: we thought regular torment was hard, but this is WAY worse. There are 4 'areas' and we tried them all in a party of alliance peeps, and we only managed to survive the first group in one area. :? The very first try had us wipe out in 5-10 seconds. :roll: So yeah...it's incredibly hard. UW or FoW on crack, basically. One of the areas had an area effect 'demonic miasma', making you take 50dmg everytime you block or evade an attack....that probably says it all. The rewards I've seen are very appealing, but still. I managed a little solo run afterwards to use the key I bought (which worked out fine) but there's no map so...

A fruitful night, in any case. And one that humbled me (anguish), heh. :) Now that my war is there he can help you guys out. A good tank is the only thing you really need to pwn 'the dude' and that's what he is. :P

- Coach

Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:08 pm
Minor Diety

Just a quick update...after beating the game, my war is slowly wrapping all the torment quests for LB points (lvl 3 so far) and just a general feeling of closure around those parts. :) I'm not currently touching the master's quests, however. :roll: (even though the one I did do near the chantry of secrets wasn't all that 'master'...henched it)

I just checked the LB ranks and well, omfg...

Lightbringer 100
Adept Lightbringer 300
Brave Lightbringer 1,000
Mighty Lightbringer 2,500
Vanquishing Lightbringer 7,500
Conquering Commander 15,000
Revered Lightbringer 25,000
Holy Lightbringer
(Max level) 50,000

I can see myself get to vanquishing LB, MAYBE even conquering...but the last two ranks are just insane. :? Don't think I want to spend half my life farming for them.

- Coach

Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:03 am
Felix Rex

My necro is level 3 LB now...and that was a pain in the butt. I don't see investing the time for something that's really not all that worthwhile. Except maybe to farm the elite areas. At max LB level, you're looking at an 8 point damage reduction and a 40% damage increase...that would be pretty powerful if you had a group of 8 people like that. But screw it, I won't do it.

Of course, I'm a bit bored right now. I'm thinking I'll be taking a bit of a break from GW. NWN2 is coming for christmas too...and who knows what games will be released by the time I finish that one. :)

Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just to say I made lvl 4 (mighty lightbringer). :) I've been doing the torment quests and all the quests in Elona that net you LB points. Things go relatively fast that way. But now I hit 2500 points I need 7500 for the next level... :( Given the amount of time I spent getting to 2500, that might be a LONG time. Meh.

I don't really see what you mean with it not being worthwhile though...sure, in the greater scheme of things it isn't. ;) But it's the only GW title that actually DOES something so..I think you can even use it in FoW and UW tbh. I know lightbringer's gaze works on Shadows in torment, so logically it should also work in UW etc. Would greatly improve questing there, because shadows don't have nearly as much HP as demons.

- Coach

Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next