It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Nightfall 
Minor Diety

Post Nightfall
yeah ok i know, said i wouldn't buy it, but it broke release date today (along with easily 25 other games, if not more) so i kinda got it. hehe. Just gotta wait for the server switch on now... that and to finish work tomorrow :roll:

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist it Pev ;) If I find the money i hope to see you online soon!

- Coach

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:30 am
Minor Diety

Well so far I have to say this is waaaaaay better than Factions. Just made it to lvl 5 Paragon, then left her alone for a bit. Now I'm on my Dervish, and I love her so far. Gotten her and Koss to lvl 9 and can definately see her being my new ettin farmer. So far, she's a D/Ranger and I just picked up a new Flamingo pet, Monobird (to go with Deathbird and Scrapbird, just need Black Moa and Phoenix now for the set ;)). She seriously kicks ass.

Her scythe hits 3 enemies on just a normal hit (assuming they're all close enough of course) and has a max dmg of 9-41. This is good enough (usually doing 23+ to 3 enemies at once), but the few skills I have that I got from the Expert Dervish are damn nice too. I really only use one, Chilling Victory, which does +x (14 atm) damage to the main target and +x (42 for me) cold damage to all targets adjacent. So even at lvl 9 I can regularly be seen hitting for 100+ dmg to more than one enemy at once. And since its melee, they don't run! hehe.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

lol...I'll second that Nightfall seems to be a much better expansion then Factions. I've been primarily helping shiny with her Paragon, using my MM to help breeze through the areas. Besides some irritation with the rank system and being held back from missions, the game is MUCH better. No incredibly boring and repetitive city this time. The mobs seem to cheat less too. Of course, we're still on noob island, so it may end up suddenly sucking when we leave, I suppose. Still, very promising. And surprising. I guess they realized how badly they screwed up with Factions.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Well as a friend correctly pointed out to me, its a different team. They're staggered in two teams, sot he Factions team are currently working on Chapter 4. So whether they learnt or not will be revealed in Chapt 4. Maybe these guys that did Nightfall are just the ones who did Prophecies and aren't morons ;)

edit: meet monobird

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Nice bird Pev...and no, that wasn't a methaphore. :p :)

So, how are you guys liking the game still? I'd ask Pev but I exiled myself from MSN for a few days to protect myself from being an idiot. :roll:

- Coach

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:35 am
Minor Diety

I'm still loving it. Worked out what i need for all my armours... ouch. 312k and I'm not even going into the materials. Plus actually getting to places... hehe. Now lvl 13 and done 3 missions, still on n00b island. I've actually made a video of me pwning some (low level) skale for you in the 3rd mission; shows the amount of critters I can hit more than anything. The numbers look impressive but I'm 13 and the skale were lvl 6 so its nothing too awesome. Gotta edit it yet though so will post soon.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, I'm still enjoying it. I'm off newb island with one of my guys. The first real mission is fun...but really hard at times. Frustratingly hard at times. It's good stuff though.

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Here we go, the vid I promised you. It's about 3.5mb and only short. Dervish Kicking Ass

Can't wait to get on mainland, but I'm taking my time getting the areas 100% explored (well trying to) at the same time. Can't be far off though; I've only got the areas near Blacktide to uncover then it'll be off to the Consulate for my armour and passage to Elona me hopes.

Gonna take a look at the faces for the professions I made in Factions too (War/Necro/Ele) and see if I prefer the Elonian counterparts, since I never got them very far, and this story is far better. Though I want some Factions armour, but if they're lvl 20 with 20 henchies I can get them to the Factions armour much more easily that way.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:24 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Not to mention that me (and possible Satis and Shiny) can help out in Factions. It's really not that hard a game compared to the original, but maybe that's just me. You can't do the two-teams missions with henchies but they're usually ridiculously easy to make up for that. It's just the last (well, last but one) mission that requires a bit of intelligence from your team members. :)

Nice clip btw! Those are some pretty neato damage numbers :o I mean my war can hit a lot of stuff too but while doing THIS kind of damage...how are the Dervish defensive skills? Multiclass him to war so that you can use Dolyak signet Pev. :twisted:

- Coach

Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:56 am
Minor Diety

yeah i know it aint hard; the first co-op mission i tried before there was anyone in the Canthan quarter; you're supposed to get a team of henchies on the other team if that happens but i got nothing but the henchies on my side and still nearly finished it. Its just horrible and stupid, crappy game.

*ahem* anyway no clue what dervish defense skills are like, not buying skills right now, just sticking to my set-up atm. And she's a she, not a he :P And I'm not going D/W coz I plan on making my war a W/D :P But just with normal armour Dervish' have the second best armour (70 along with ranger and assassin) so they're not bad at taking damage. Earlier I managed to do 164 damage to a lvl 14 critter while I was 14 too, so its good damage (now lvl 15)

And I'm on my way off the island, just been through the Tribunal and think I only have maybe 6 or 7 more quests before I can go to the mainland. Hopefully will make that tonight.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:21 am
Profile WWW
Count

I must say that I am enjoying Nightfall - so much better - hope they keep making good expansions like this then again at some point the graphics engine will need an overhaul or it will end up looking like crap I mean Wow. Any yay witch hats yay - it looks so cute on a couple of my chars.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:34 pm
Minor Diety

Just on the mission where you head to the mainland.. thinking I need to lvl up. At lvl 16 I can capture the forward wall, then get owned no matter which way I go. Ah well, its fun. And yay, Pev got witches hat too, not tried it on yet though

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hehe...I was using my level 20 necro (MM) with Shiny and we had a rough time of it. The very last guy you have to kill is tough as hell. Ele boss I believe. Just be prepared to be smacked down. If you can't even capture the first gate, you need to level up for sure.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah lol, i'm also only in mid-range armour, coz i thought i'd try it and save the money for the elite sunspear stuff i want for her, but i'll be upgrading now. 70 armour will help more than 55 ;)

Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next