It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Alliance Battles 
Felix Rex

Post Alliance Battles
so, I started ABing yesterday... it was fun, though my groups kept getting pwnt. You hold 'control points' kind of like the battlefield games, though of course it's a bit faster paced. I also made mad faction... even if you lose. I keep donating faction to the alliance as a result (since you max and 10k).

Anyway, you guys should try it... it's fun.

Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Are those the battles on the Kurzick/Luxon borders? I've done a few to gain some faction a while back and it was fun, but because of the random teaming there doesn't seem much you can do to win/lose. I mean, you're just left hoping your team isn't completely lame.

Btw, I only exchange faction for amber/jade so I can get some armor or money...what does the donate faction thing do? Does it give you access to the 'forbidden' parts of certain areas?

- Coach

Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:06 pm
Felix Rex

no, it boosts the faction of your guild (and alliance). That, in turn, can eventually give you control of outposts and cities, giving you access to reserved areas, but I think it may be awhile until we get that far. :p

My guild (of one) now has 20k faction, which isn't bad compared to Zoo's 5k (cough). And yea, you can only control your little gorup of 4...the other 2 groups of 4 are kinda random. Still, I bet if you time it via TS and enter mission at the same time, you'll probably have a good chance of making it into the same mission.

Anyway, it's fun, but i've only done it with my A/R so far...first as a bleed barrager w/interrupts and more lately as a degen ranger with interrupts. Bleed + poison + seeping wound is some pretty mad degen...pin em down and interrupt em too and I can thoroughly pwn guys.

Anyway, I may post my build eventally. You should come A/B with us. :)

Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I might, I'm kinda bored with other games too atm...but my war isn't exactly an ideal PVP char, which class would you recommend me to bring? Keeping in mind that I don't have an Assassin or Ranger. :P

- Coach

Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:23 am
Felix Rex

honestly, when I was ABing, all the classes were there. Necro SS, Necro MM, fire mages, some warriors, lots of assassins and rangers, mesmers (I like to kill mesmers!) and even some monks. So you can bring whatever. I saw rits too. :)

Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Cool :) so...where do I sign up? Hehehe...forgive my n00bness at this. :P

- Coach

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:29 am
Felix Rex

return to the guild hall, then look for the "alliance battles" dude. He'll take you to the area where you can form groups to AB. It's pretty easy to get into a group, so long as you don't mind the potential of it sucking. Groups are only 4 characters big, so filling up and going is easy.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]