It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Nightfall 
Felix Rex

Post Nightfall
For anyone that missed it, the next GW expansion got announced recently. It's called Nightfall.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/guildwar ... id=6154159

according to the article, it's set in a "northern africe" type setting with coastline and desert interiors. It mentions elonions. there are, of course, two new professions. Read the article for specifics.

I haven't even finished factions yet. :P

Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah i read it back in may. won't get it. factions was shit enough (still haven't done first city mission).

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:20 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm not too hot on factions. Assassin and Rit are fun, though...I actually like the profs. The city blows ass. It's so repetitive and retarded. Once you get out into the wilderness, it gets alot better...but that takes way too long. One of the cool things about prophecies was the changing environments...do 3 story missions and the entire area changes.

The jade sea is hawt, though. Very pretty. The forests are less so (dark and dank and dreary), but still better than the city.

Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

i was addicted to Prophecies :P hehe. I tried out Luxon and Kurzick territory in the beta; too winding and annoying for me. It's gonna sound pathetic but only 2 things make me keep considering going back to gw: the Warrior armour that I want, and the Black Moa.

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

well...maybe it is.

I still play GW alot...Shiny and I dual monk thunderhead keep regularly. It's fun when you don't care if you beat it or not, and it's very cash friendly. I'm not a farmer, but we typically get between 1-3plat per run. And it's great fun plotting some annoying bastard's death.

Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah i may get online again. My real life best mate + boyfriend has just gotten Factions, so may join up with her to actually play through it (with you guys and ox if you're interested ;)), though not for a while since im doing full days everyday for 2 weeks at work, so i'm not in the mood for GW after that ;) My pet farming build tempts me back occasionally too.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

heh...I've yet to beat factions, but I've gotten pretty far along with my monk and rit. And all my characters are a decent bit into it, so I'd have virtually any kind of character available. So yes, I'd be happy to assist if I'm on.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

What Satis said...I have almost all my chars a good bit into factions except for my necro (Satis is a helluva necro anyway, so didn't figure it was a priority...but then again, dual hexing was MAJOR pwnage...mm).

My monk beat it and my Tanker is pretty far along. Feel free to set a 'date', but I'm out Thursday night. :)

- Coach

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:09 pm
Felix Rex

oh, speaking of hexing, there's a new spell that factions introduced that makes SS even more evil.

Reckless Haste
For x seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes are Hexed with Reckless Haste. While Hexed, they attack 25% faster but have a x chance to miss with attacks.

cost: 10 | recharge: 25 second(s) | activate: 2 second(s)

With maxed curses like I'm set, the seconds is around 42 and the % chance to miss is around 52%. So, you both lower their ability to hit AND make it faster for them to kill themselves with SS. And it's an area curse. Freakin' sweet.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol nice. well it won't be for like... 2 weeks, got a lot on at work so the evenings will want to be spent in more relaxing games (i.e. soloable ones so i don't have to try and pay attention to what others are doing ;)) but after that, could be fun to all get together again

Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]