It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post-city screens 
Minor Diety

Post Post-city screens
K, so I made it out of the city with my monk into Kurzick territory. And guess what? it's way more fun and cooler than the Asian blabla. :) Gothic look, in the architecture, names, and clothing. I took a few screens from the first place I got there, Cathedral Zu Heltzer.

I had to brighten up some of the pics cos they were too dark, but here they are. Really cool design. And the mission itself was fun too.

Me, Shiny and Satis did the 12-men mission in vizhuing square or something yesterday btw...first time we lost Mhenlo and died, second time we totally owned the mission. it was fun.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Last edited by Rinox on Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:26 am
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:29 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:31 am
Minor Diety

House zu Heltzer is where my necro (once made) needs to get so she can have a black moa ;) hehe. congrats ox

Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks :) I've won the the confidence of the Kurzicks by now and did the next mission too. :) That one was a pain in the ass, we had a near-wipe halfway (it's a "defend" mission) where I had to get everyone up and running with my crappy rebirth. :P Got a lot of flak for that, but granted it wasn't the best spell for that mission.

Anyway, I've really started to dig factions in case you couldn't tell yet. :P And Satis and Shiny will be post-city soon as well (yay).

P.S. Pev, I solved the Black Moa quest except for the last part (involving the bird itself) so you could get it quickly once you reach Zu Heltzer. ;)

- Coach

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:11 am
Minor Diety

more..including a pre-Nerf pic of my necro :/

- Coach

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:19 am
Felix Rex

well, Shiny and I aren't equally far...and I'm at the point where you have to unchain the souls. Got pwned with henches. :( I kept having henches die on me, so by the time I got to like spirit 6 the DP was killing off my people.

Anyway, that's me asking for help. :)

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol i know how to get the black moa, i did it in beta weekend. easy enough, just long and bloody boring. but don't expect to see me in gw for some time, horizons is a far superior game thats just got me hooked. gw...well... it was this time last year i got bored of it too actually.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Heh, k....like I said, i'll keep the stuff aside for you just in case. :)

Satis, I'll be glad to help out obviously. I'm probably getting my war to factions soon too for the new skills. :) The chained souls mission isn't all that hard really, it's just a BITCH for pulling with henches as you will have noticed. ;) This one time, at band camp, I pulled a band of like 20 monsters and got pwned.

Erh...anyway. I just wanted to post here to say I beat the game yesterday, heh. Kinda unexpected really...the last mission is like 20 minutes (more or less) and the "Final battle" is an extra area and lasted 2'20" for our party. :roll: But, it was fun. And you really get a sense of "epicness" this time, as opposed to Prophecies where nobody seemed to fucking care you saved the world. Oh and a green-style reward. :)

Might be worth mentioning that I haven't explored half the world yet. Luxon territory is straightforward, but even parts of city and Kurzick that I never even been too...I think those are the elite missions stuff etc. (I explored 56% of Cantha at this point)

You know, after getting out of the city my attitude towards the game has improved greatly. I would definitely give it a 7 to 8/10 as an overall score. I still have problems with a lot of factions elements, but I can live with it. I'll write something more coherently when I don't have to rush to get ready to go out. :P

- Coach

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:34 am
Minor Diety

Ok; so...it's not really coherently like i promised but here's my general take on things.

good points

*post-city design (Kurzick area is very much worth it)
*assassin and rit seem like useful additions to the existing classes
*new skills, in general, are worth it
*great if you're into PvP and Guilds
*The atmosphere is good
*Some exciting missions that introduce new 'concepts'
*good music
*Implementation of green drops from more bosses all over the map instead of just one or two areas.
*The new skill acquisition system gives more incentive to keep 'levelling' over 20

bad points

*The city is boooring and confusing.
*the storyline has a big gap that doesn't get explained anywhere
*it's tiresome having to fight through nothing but lvl 20 mobs to get where you want
*a lot of the features pass you by if you're not a PvP person
*where's my auction house?
*oh, not so much a problem for me but: at regular times you will be forced in groups with other players...henches don't cut it
*Asian theme/values/convo's makes me puke.

Overall: a good expansion. Nothing earthshaking, but as far as expansions go 7.5/10.

- Coach

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:35 am
Minor Diety

Ox, I will now have to beat you. It's NOT an expansion!!!! It's a standalone :P just expansion sized but full priced ;) hehe

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:17 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just wanted to announce that I'm getting into a more calm part of the exam period so I'll be online more often. Yay for me!

- Coach

Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:28 am
Minor Diety

Satis and Shiny, I fought my war to where you are (and slightly past it). So an ace tank is now at your disposal. :P

- Coach

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:07 am
Felix Rex

cool. Shiny's Necro's there...my Monk is there, your monk and warrior are there, and my rit is there too. My rit is actually at the first mission past city. Sounds like we'll be doing some wonderful past-city pwnage.

Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

We've seem to be missing each other on GW lately (with the exams and all i'll be another week before I'm really up for late gaming again, but you might see me online once in a while). But I've been keeping busy. I got my ele to Arborstone and my mes is halfway there too. What can I say, I'm 1337. :P ;)

Did you guys beat Arborstone yet? just wondering. Cos I might have like 3 chars there soon. :roll:

- Coach

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next