It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Factions 
Minor Diety

lol ox, don't get too excited, there's fuck all of use about Factions on wiki yet. I need the bastards to post all the new armours. Theres frigging Shing Jea, Canthan, Tyrian, Kurzick, Luxon, Exotic, whatevermyritsis and 15k to choose from for every char. oooh the female necro 15k is gorgeous though, unless Kurzick or Luxon look better I'm definately going for it.

Anyhoo Ox helped my rit get a pet last night. A crane! Yeah, I'm sticking to the birds (my nec will have the black moa). and Ox! I got back online and got my Crane up to level 4, bless him *pets crane*

Tue May 02, 2006 11:50 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

shiny picked up a pet tiger with her assassin. I think she's wanting to swap out for a crane, though. :roll: Meh, anyway, I'm waiting to see if there are any really cool pets first.

btw, the new healer hench SUCKS. If anyone dies, she immediately tries ot rez that person...letting other people die. I think I'm going to reskill my rit/mo to be basically full healer to make up for the idiot healer hench.

Tue May 02, 2006 12:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Shiny and I are in that general area, I think. XP is crazy.

Anyway...Ox, you need to be on msn tonight. Like my 'night'.

hehe...I have an inkling what this will be about, but really, you shouldn't. :P :) Otoh, I do bring a 1337 player (myself, not a word Pev ;) ) to the table that will be morally more or less obliged to game with you. :P

I'll try to be on msn tonight, but it could be that I can't get on. :/ I got something potentially urgent going on off-line and I try to go to bed at half decent hours now I gotta up at 6 AM every day. :roll: Half decent being 1 AM or something. I'll try!

- Coach

Tue May 02, 2006 12:35 pm
King

Factions pve vs xp is ridculous easy. Im already level 14 after 2 casual days of game play. Not that I care about pve, its just a means for me to get to 20 to start pvp'ing.

Tue May 02, 2006 1:49 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

yeah thats the whoel point of factions: its for lvl 20s. The starting area is kind of a 'oh crap, there will be new players... lets get them onto the mainland asap'. Though to be honest i like it; I can get plenty of xp, still get some challenge and not have to worry about rushing through missions... and it'll be nice for my other chars that I make as well. I hated that about Tyria; 4th char around it can get monotonous reaching lvl 20

If Shiny wants a pet list, I can let you know btw Satis, but if not, I won't spoil it ;)

Tue May 02, 2006 2:39 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

heh....let's chill on the list for a bit. I kinda wanna be surprised. :)

Tue May 02, 2006 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol can't blame you for that ;) But Shiny should get a Crane, I love it

Tue May 02, 2006 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm not sure just how complete the skill list on the GW wiki is, because Pev said the site didn't have much info yet and some classes seem to be getting a few more new skills than others.

But...one thing I can conclude from what I saw is that Necros are gonna be more powerful, especially in terms of spiking. They got quite a few new "steal life" etc. skills, similar to vampiric gaze and the likes. And as you probably know, those necro skills bypass most if not all defensive spells!

So I think a band of necro's packing a few of those spells could spike parties pretty well.

And just in general, the necro seems to have become a more allround character than a minion master. I'm not sure i like that...i loved MM. Now I prolly won't bother with it too much. 10 minions, pff ;)

- Coach

Wed May 03, 2006 6:42 am
Felix Rex

10 minions is a decent number. Except in really high corpse areas, I usually kept around 8. Of course, now I can't do the huge army of undead thing I've done before. :(

As for necro...as fun as MM can be, I think curses necros were more effective overall. Blood necros were virtually useless. (this is all PvE). If they added more skills to make blood more effective, then cool. I'm also looking forward to the new minion.

Wed May 03, 2006 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah, they added some cool skills for the blood necro, check it:

Blood Drinker If your health is above 50%, you begin Bleeding for 10 seconds. Steal up to 20-56 health from target foe.

Jaundiced Gaze If target foe has more health than you, you steal up to 18-52 health. Otherwise, you deal 18-52 damage

Lifebane Strike Target foe takes 12-41 shadow damage. If that foe's health is above 50%, you steal up to 12-41 health.

Oppressive Gaze Target foe and adjacent foes take 5-41 damage. Steal up to 15-39 health from any who were suffering form weakness.

Vampiric Bite Touch target foe to steal up to 29-65 health.

Vampiric Spirit For 5-17 seconds, your spells cost 3 more energy, but whenever you cast a spell you steal up to 5-41 health from one nearby foe. (ELITE)

Vampiric Swarm Vampiric Swarm flied out slowly and steals up to 15-51 health from up to three foes in the area.

Wallow's Bite Target touched foe takes 20-50 shadow damage.

Vile Miasma Target foe is struck for 10-54 cold damage. If suffering from a condition, that foe is hexed with the Vile Miasma and suffers -1-3 health degeneration for 10 seconds.

Hence my joy at the new necro skills :)

- Coach

Wed May 03, 2006 8:02 am
Minor Diety

I think the skill lists are complete (25 new skills for each core profession), and have been since the PvP weekend,c oz they just copied them down. There is no info on where to buy them yet though. Oh and check out www.xennon.co.uk for Elites, they've already got a couple of the locations on there for new ones.

My nec is gonna have fun anyway, either Black Moa + Flesh Golem + pet skills, or Black Moa + Flesh Golem + minions. We'll see ;) And of course there's nothing to stop 2 necros teaming up together and getting 20 minions between them.

Wed May 03, 2006 8:05 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I hope they add some skills to let necros heal each others' minions. Imo that's a serious oversight. Something like blood of the master or verata's sacrifice that applies to all friendly minions.

Anyway...

Quote:
Vampiric Swarm Vampiric Swarm flied out slowly

lol

Wed May 03, 2006 8:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol you'll be lucky Satis, not even rangers get that for their pets (other than Revive animal - no healing properties but if you're within touch range you can res any players pet)

Wed May 03, 2006 9:26 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, I know about revive animal. Sometimes I'll go Mo/R and bring along the pet rez and charm animal. That way I'm ultimate healer for peeps and pets...saves rangers the comfort animal slot.

It would be nice if rangers could heal other peoples' pets. It would allow for more cooperative skillsets that way. Ah well, whatever, it's still a great game.

BTW, shiny and I are like level 13 now, I think. Finished all the quests out of the first place...bleh...doing quests out of hte harbor.

to reiterate, I hate hte asian theme. How about we just come up with more stupid asian names noone can remember? I can't remember the name of a single city/outpost in factions because they ALL SOUND THE SAME.

Wed May 03, 2006 10:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah i'd love for co-op pet stuff. not that anyone else uses pets :roll: and ditto on the asian thing; i dont mind the landscape etc but the names are doing my head in, and the faces are annoying for my rit or assassin too.

Wed May 03, 2006 10:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next