It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Factions 
Minor Diety

Well I was gonna get normal edition from work today, since we're not stocking CE in the stores *sigh*. However the website sends out a newsletter every friday for releases, and had a link to the CE... so I may not get staff discount on the site, but I still get my points, and its in stock... so I accidentally ordered it ;) Since preorder keys are good til 2nd may to play, and 8th may to reserve the char slots, thats all good. Got it on 2 day delivery, so should be here monday or tuesday *crosses fingers*

edit: well I got to work and we had 2 copies in (the 2 i preordered) so...:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I noticed it in stock at my computer store while I was buying my new power supply. Shiny may force me to buy it for her. :)

I didn't not ice a CE. I hope they didn't go all stupid like they did with Oblivion and not stock it. BTW...what do you get with the CE? Is it as cool as the original CE?

Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:33 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

If i wasn't getting such discount I'd get the normal edition. And you didn't notice it because Anet didn't think it'd be so popular so they gotta get a second batch out... on June 30th. Many preorders weren't filled.

Anyway it has:
Sound track
Exclusive in-game music
Assassin Sticker (tacky)
Ritualist Cloth Picture (tacky)
Mouse mat (looks and feels tacky, actually works really nicely with optical mouse - i needed a new mat, now i have one, yay)
Art book - very nicely sized concept art book, pretty pictures ;)
Colour map of Cantha - much better than the crap they offloaded on us for the SE of Prophecies
Double sided poster - ritualist and assassin
Desk Calendar
In-game exclusive dance emotes for the ritualist and assassin - basically you get backup dancers (that looks really cool with the male assassin)

edit: heres the male assassin. special dance. all the other dances suck big time, but this one is cool:

http://www.pevilsplace.co.uk/vids/assassin.wmv ~3.5mb

Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

lol, that dance is stupid as hell. :p Still, sounds like the CE is worth buying. Thanks for that.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

if you think thats stupid wait til you see female assassin/both rits :P

edit: got my first green. Seems they drop from all? bosses in Cantha; this was a mid-range necro weapon with a nice graphic. Good energy bonus for a mid-range weapon

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Pev and me have been plaing a lot yesterday, and I must say that factions is pretty darn neat!! :) It's not THAT different from GW (yet) but the new classes make up for a lot. And I haven't been bored by the quests either so far. This partly because they chose to go with a different approach to levelling to incorporate the lvl 20's from GW: Prophecies without too many problems.

Basically it comes down to it that the first part of the game is all on an island (big one) off the shores where you more or less level from 1 to 20 in a rather short time. To give you an idea; I went from lvl 1 to 12 in 6 hours. The quest rewards are copious and the mission awards are INSANE. :twisted: I think me and Pev got about 7000 XP from the first mission. :o

Now, this sounds like it's totally suck. And I agree that it will probably take something of the levelling excitement away with new chars, but I've played a lot of GW (as have you all) and it didn't feel bad or anything. If anything, I was happy about getting all that xp and a higher health/energy. All in all, I feel it's an elegant solution to the problems with the uber-chars from the original campaign joining in. You'll see when you get the game.

Btw, I'm a horrible monk. I let ppl die all the time :P Pev too, but that's not an accident. ;) And I'm always selecting the wrong health bar and healing the wrong person; effectively messing up our chances. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:46 am
Minor Diety

The faster levelling is great; when I restart my 3 chars from my 2nd account I'm tempted to start them in Cantha just to get the levelling out of the way, though it depends how limited their quests in Tyria will be as to whether I do that or not (more skill-giving quests in Tyria it would seem)

They've also carried the tutorial on that bit further; there's a newbie tutorial at the start that you can skip, which is all the usual "here's how you move, here's how you attack, this is a res shrine..." but then after you choose your second profession, you get to do an 'Insignia' quest for your primary class, which again you can skip. This basically consists of 5 techniques you should know; not sure if they're the same for everyone but for the Assassin it was Disenchantment, Defense, Skill Chaining, Snaring and Interuption. Obviously designed to help people learn to do more than "yay monster, chaaaaaaaaaarge omfg u n00b res me"

Missions are a bitch. The first mission as a Canthan char was fine (me and ox completed it at Gold level with 2 henchies ;)) but the first one on the mainland... ouch. I tried it with Pev... wowee... great fun though. From what I've been hearing from other people Factions is a lot harder once you hit lvl 20. People have already finished it with their Tyria chars too, and found the 15k Canthan armour. I love the Warrior one.

The map looks small but its very compact; a lot of stuff and outposts packed in there (sorta like Morrowind vs Oblivion actually).

Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:48 am
Profile WWW
Count

Satis and I have been playing factions too. Although I have been a serious wuss lately and going to bed really early, so I made us stop playing for a bit. I can not wait to start buying goodies for my guild hall too - and maybe even a new guild hall. Not that I have anyone in my guild. Anyway, if y'all are on give satis and I a shout.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:03 am
Felix Rex

I bought the imperial guild hall with my char that I have in his solo guild...I added my key to that account, so I have the 2 slots for assassin/rit and fully levelled monk, warrior, ele and necro. We're still on the noob island, and yea, levelling is fast. We were fighting a level 9 creature at level 3. :roll:

Anyway, yea, so we should get some guild alliances going. If for nothing else than to be able to use services at guild halls. I bought a merchant and a storage person for my guild hall. I thought there was going to be a guild storage/guild vault thing, but I don't see anything.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think they have yet to implement some features they promised before...personally I'm still waiting on an auction house system to sell off my 1337 modding parts and spare golds. :(

Anyway, I'm torn: I have 100€ atm...and factions costs about 50€. But I also need some money in the near future to go out for food and drinks now i'm stuck in Brussels with some ppl from class. :/

I could theoretically beg my parents but they're already paying my train fees, so i'd rather not. Sigh. Choices a bum has to make. :P I'm just saying, it might be that I don't buy factions and lose my new monk. (not that my monking skills are that great that it'd be a loss tho :D )

- Coach

Mon May 01, 2006 6:06 am
Felix Rex

You could always beat up old women and take their money to buy games with. If you get caught, you could become an anti-gaming poster child.

"Guild wars made me beat up old people for money!"

Mon May 01, 2006 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

haha, good call. I should check my savings account or something...I have a few invested in long term low-risk bank plans, but I have a 'regular' account somewhere that should hold some cash.

Alternative plan: Satis pays for my copy and I promise to send more beer in the future, when I have cash. :P God knows it costs a lot to send that shit, hehehe.

- Coach

Mon May 01, 2006 9:09 am
Minor Diety

yeah so it aint factions. so sue me. Sue me, coz in-game i'm rich once more ;) btw this is my new farming build. Works faster than my bow build. Using bow, usually the ettins will healing sig 3 times in a fight. With the bird, they heal once (which i still disrupt of course). Once I get Heal as One I'll drop Troll Unguent and Comfort Animal and stick another pet attack on my bar. Works bloody well.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 01, 2006 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Bah, I hate you Pev :P What I hate even more is that you're going to sell it instead of using it for your war, my war's twin sister! :cry: Hehe...ah well. Congrats with your first (I think) sup absorption miss!! *cough*farmer*cough* :wink:

How is everyone's new character coming along? I managed to get my monk to about lvl 14 (or was it 15) last night by doing some minor quests. I even started the second mission on the island with a party full of henches, but goddamn! It wasn't anywhere near as easy as the first missions of prophecies! :P Well, it wasn't dramatically hard either, I'm sure a human party of some worth could have easily done it.

Without spoiling too much (I think), lemme just tell you about the 'plague clouds' that hang around in some places...once you step in them you suffer -5 degen for a while, but it gets better: if you come near creatures of the same race while afflicted (like your party :P), you will infect them too. :? So with henchies who always band together you always have a full-degen party going on after passing through those areas. And you HAVE to pass through quite often. :/

Anyway; the mission end was kinda lam0rz. It was me, henchies, and then Master togo and some other dude. Togo had to survive...what happened is that during a fight involving one of them degen areas, my entire party got wiped. BUT Togo and his homeboy were still very much alive and killed the last enemies, and Togo can fucking res!! Still, the mission was over because my party was dead. How dork is that? I fucking had Togo res me several times before that fight (n00b armor and warrior syndrome), there's no reason he couldn't get our party back on its feet. :( bah.

Since I'm not doing anything anyway I'm prolly gonna browse the guildwiki to become uber1337 at GW knowledge. :P

- Coach

Tue May 02, 2006 2:05 am
Felix Rex

Shiny and I are in that general area, I think. XP is crazy.

Anyway...Ox, you need to be on msn tonight. Like my 'night'.

Tue May 02, 2006 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next