It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
LFA 
King

When the Jade Wind swept through the branches of Echovald Forest, it turned everything to stone. Birds crashed to the forest floor in mid-flight. Deer leaped from the ground as flesh and blood, and came the earth little more then lif-like statues. Now, two centries later, life has cautiously returned to the forest. The Kurzicks were the first to venture back to the forest. There they have adapted to their petrified surroundings and have begun to carve their culture into this new landscape.

To the devout Kurzicks, everything is a sign. A portent of what is to come. They find a divine message and meaning in everything they witness. This church-state is ruled by the Council of Nobles, who makes decisions and laws only after receiving counsel from the spiritual leaders, known as the Redemtors. Great Houses govern the Kurzicks, ancience families that can trace their origins into Cantha's distant past, and beyound. Today there are five main Houses, two of which are the most powerfull and influenctial. It is common for the Houses to argue amongts themselves, but when it comes time to fight Luxons, Kurzicks quickly forget their internal squabbles and focus hatred on their long-standing enemy. Since Shiro's death and the petrifacation of the forest, the Kurzicks have built their elaborate homes and cathedrals directly into the fossiclised trunks of the enormous trees that make up the forest.

Luxons wrote:
For a scant few seconds, the storm that followed Shiro's death wail roiled the sea, spawning waves that reached hundred o feet into the air. An instant later, everything was frozen in place but not because of a sudden cold front - the sea was not turned to ice. It had become solid jade. In order to survive, the Luxons had to adapt to the literally landlocked lifestyle, unable to transport goods to market or even sail to the nearby islands for fresh water. Their merchant ships had become one with the petrified ocean., the currents that took them to far-flung lands were now as still as glass.

The traditionally seafaring Luxons became nomads sailing on a lifeless sea. They coontriived ways to adapt their giant ships to the new landscape. They now carry out extensive jad mining operations ont he frozen sea, uncovering magical oddities and precious resources made up of the petrified life embedded in the unmoving waves.

Today, the Luxons have grouped themselves into three differen clans: the Serpents, the Turtle, and the Crab. To keep order, the Luxons invest authroty int heir Council of Elders, the ruling body that meets each year to modify and approve the "code" that all the clans will follow for the next twelve months.

Although the clans often battle againts one another, this is less aobut warfare and morea bout demonstrating which clan is the strongest and most powerful. These battles are usually fought by each clan's champion, along with that champion's elite guard.

Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:21 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

hmmm..they sound about equally worthless. I guess it depends on who looks cooler. :p

Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Peasant

Ok to go about this democratically, each guild that wants to take part in the alliance should run an eight day long Luxon Vs Kurzick poll with the above lore information and the screenshots below, optionally. We'll sum up all the votes from each guild and decide that way. Switching at a later time is of course a possibility.

Here's some screenshots

http://www.imperialdeathsquad.com/images/Kurzicks.jpg

http://www.imperialdeathsquad.com/images/Luxons.jpg

http://www.imperialdeathsquad.com/image ... avever.jpg

I like the last one :)

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:48 pm
Felix Rex

well, based on the screenies, I think the Luxons look cooler. Seeing as I'm a guild of one (at least with one of my accounts) I probably don't have too loud a voice.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:36 am
Profile WWW
King

well, based on the screenies, I think the Luxons look cooler. Seeing as I'm a guild of one (at least with one of my accounts) I probably don't have too loud a voice.

You think the Luxon's look like jedi. Am I right?

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:54 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

no, I think they look like Mad Max types. The other guys look like stuffy sumari wanna bes. Ever see that SouthPark episode where the Japanese game makers hypnotize all the kids to try and make them fight a contiinuation of WWII? And the leader was all dressed up in his samurai armor? Yea...that's what they remind me of.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Can anyone remind me what the advantages are of guild alliances? That we can join up for large PvE stuff across guilds or stuff? Enlighten me, and I shall be your sex slave!!

note: women excluded from potential reward. Otherwise Pev won't answer, should she know the answer. :P

- Coach

Thu May 04, 2006 2:23 am
Felix Rex

Thu May 04, 2006 7:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Anyway from what i heard, I *think* that the bonuses are:

Faction-controlled towns: the more in your alliance, the more chance you'll own one of the towns. These allow you to access "Elite" missions; basically exclusive missions that are insanely difficult but probably have bloody good drops
Alliance battles: not sure but I guess you'd be able to join up with people from your allied guilds

Other than that, no clue, I guess its like being in one big guild with lots of sub-guilds.

Thu May 04, 2006 8:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, thanks for the answer. :) Doesn't seem too important no...and I bet it won't really matter much which 'faction' you side with in the end, I can't imagine anet will let the entire acces-to-super-areas thing be badly balanced. I hope. :P

I might start my own personal guild then. Mmm..I have to think this over. Maybe I can join Satis' one-man guild. :P

- Coach

Thu May 04, 2006 3:30 pm
Felix Rex

sure, you can join my guild, I don't care. You wouldn't have to spend the $$ on a guild hall, cape and all that crap.

Thu May 04, 2006 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

pssst join our guild ;) you already know 'em. hehe.

I'm sure it's more important if you actually GvG and PvP (though alliance does rely on its PvE members as much as its pvp/gvgers)

Thu May 04, 2006 4:57 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

mm...I will have to think this over...I'm not sure I wanna be in a group of people that get along with you Pev. ;) Besides, don't you just chat with them while you're out on your own with henches? :) Or do you actually team up with them too, apart from the occasional newbie helping? Just wondering.

As for Satis not caring about wanting me in his pet guild...i know he does, just playing hard to get again. :P ;)

Anhoo...my monk is lvl 16 or something and at the first mainland mission. Still n00b armor. :P

Some thoughts:

->being a monk is so freaking weird. I have to watch my own health bar, wtf? :P
-> I suddenly get INVITED at missions by parties...that didn't happen with my war, necro or ele, let alone my mes. :roll:

->Factions is fun so far, but I have (or have had) grudges with some things. For one, it's too hard. I mean, sure that they want to make it challenging but I don't wanna be forced to be paying COMPLETE attention all the time to avoid yet another party wipe. Pve isn't PvP dammit and it shouldn't require much coordination...bleh. I'm also thinking about ppl who never played GW before here, they suddenly powerlevel to lvl 20 in a tracherous environment and no game experience at all. I'm sure there are gonna be quite a few new players choking on the difficulty.

-> the bosses doing insane dmg...well, I agree that they should do a little more dmg than your average dmg, but the way it is now is freaking insane. I had an ele or smiting monk boss (forgot) one-hit my monk for 658 dmg. WTTTFFF? Ok, i was wearing n00b armor but dude!! That's like 2 or three times the max amount of dmg I ever took from a single spell in prophecies, also wearing n00b armor. :? I say, bring the dmg down a bit.

->the new concept of the huge 'city' combat instance with merchants, NPC's etc spread all over the place with tons of bandit gangs ganking you: It has it's charm, I must admit. At first i didn't even get what was going on, hehe. Then I realized how it worked. But...I can't imagine it being quite as fun when you have to fight your way through hordes of the same bandits time and time again just to get around the city, you know? And the problem is, these guys STAY hard because they're lvl 20. I'm prediciting mass runner investments to finish these "talk to X in the far corner of the city, oh and kill 70 bandits on your path too"quests. :( So: nice concept, but probably bad in the long run. Or annoying anyway.

->The new henches...I love most of em!! Especially te fighter henchie, Talon Silverwing. Wow, what a guy..erh, bird. Can take good damage, can take care of himself and has some really sweet sword moves. Three thumbs up. And professor Gai is just too sweet not to have aboard. :P

->The story really started now. It looks pretty involving so far, with flashbacks to the past and everything. And I must say that i'm pretty anxious to (maybe) meet a guy who turned the sea to jade and petrified an entire forest with a single scream. :P

- Coach

Mon May 08, 2006 3:26 am
Minor Diety

lol ox i team up with 'em sometimes, I'm just usually being anti-social, they all group together a lot. Plus you already know the leader and a couple others ;)

On your points... I agree on most. I'm not happy with the first mission, it's a co-op one, meaning you need a tyrian team and a canthan team. I avoid people for a reason, but I'd rather have a PUG than have some random team forced upon me from the other side. Bastards.

Mon May 08, 2006 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

*coughs about something he heard about pets and money two days ago*

*looks at Pev's pet horseman...wait, where'd it go?* :P

- Coach

Fri May 12, 2006 3:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next