It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Factions pre-release thread 
Minor Diety

Post Factions pre-release thread
Pev linked me to it, and it rocks: the GW: Factions trailer :)

http://rapidshare.de/files/13732311/Gui ... r.zip.html

Enjoy! :)

- Coach

Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:41 pm
Minor Diety

http://pc.ign.com/articles/693/693676p1.html

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:40 am
Profile WWW
King

ooooo Factions is SO sexy! I got on this morning and looked around. Cantha and that starting city , Market Place I think it is, is awsome. Tis is probably the first city ever in a game that felt big. You remeber in SWG, cnet, which is supposed to be a huge city was...lame? Well not this one, even the map makes it look big. The buildings are very nicely done. The new henchmen are freaking sweet. Especilly the birdguy fighter henchmen.

Plus the new classes look fun and will defiantly add a new dimension to pve and pvp

Im pumped.

Be sure to check out these videos
http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/video/default.php

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:54 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

just having a go myself, with my Rit/R. Loving it so far. I want the black moa so I'm going friendly with the Kurzicks, however our guild has gone Luxan alliance.

Pretty much just guild wars again (always a good thing) but with some awesome new skills; what little I've seen of the new ranger skills are very nice! Can't wait to get my ranger over to Cantha.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:24 am
Profile WWW
King

wow, so I played Oblibion from 6pm to 9pm. Then I logged into Guild Wars and played AvA matches from 9pm till about 2am. WHAT A BLAST! Factions is really alot better than the original game. Alliane vs alliance is SO much fun. We only had 4 people online night but the ava match just kept going.

In a ava match

#1 each side has objectives. You have to capture points, by standing of them and maintaining control of the shrine. Once you have the shrine, NPC spawn that gaurd it.
#2 Each shrine does something different like, melee defense buff, ele offense buff, rez you, etc.
#3 As your fraction wins more and more ava's this litte red and blue line accross the map moves side to side. And as you win you push into enemy terroitory taking over their outpost.

Its so fun. You should try it at least once this weekend.

Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:43 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

yeah so anyway. I'm finally excited about Factions :P We got the normal edition in today (weeks delay worldwide on CE *sigh*) and the strategy guides, plus the counter to head start is less than 11 hours now... gonna get up and have 1.5hr play before work tomorrow lol.

By the way, some news too: you can buy character slots soon from their website (from www.plaync.com i assume). I believe they're $9.99. So I'll be getting two extra slots for my pev account and using the old one as storage. So I'll have to pass all my gear over to pev and remake my war/ele/nec chars. Oh well. Only the war that really did much anyway, the nec/ele just got run to droks for armour but weren't that far in campaign. Maybe i'll start them in Cantha instead if I find i prefer the tutorial areas there.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm gonna go on trial in it for the coming three days thanks to certain diabolic persons, and I'll have a looksee if Im' gonna buy it or not. :) I might, now that uni deposited 120 € on my account for...something. I'm not sure, but it's MINE!! Muhahaha.

P.S. I'm making a monk Satis :P

- Coach

Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]