It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Yay! Beta, Preorder items and general goodies! 
Minor Diety

Post Yay! Beta, Preorder items and general goodies!
http://www.guildwars.com/press/releases ... -02-09.php

The news I was waiting for!

"BELLEVUE, WA (February 9, 2006) — ArenaNet®, creators of the #1 selling online roleplaying game Guild Wars®, and NCsoft® Corporation, the world's leading developer and publisher of online computer games, announce today plans for a landmark event to preview Guild Wars Factions™, the highly anticipated follow up to 2005's critically acclaimed game Guild Wars. On March 24, 2006, game players around the globe are invited to participate in the Guild Wars Factions Preview Event, an exclusive and one-time opportunity unlike any offered before.

All current Guild Wars players can join the event, and will be able to invite up to three of their friends using an in-game invitation interface. Entry into the beta event will also be available through the Guild Wars Factions pre-order package, which will include the Guild Wars Factions (GWF) pre-order CD, a GWF beta access key, a "friend" key that allows access to the beta event, a 14-day, 10-hour trial key for the original Guild Wars game, a tactical guide, and a quick-reference card. The Guild Wars Factions pre-order key also adds one unique item for each of the game's two new professions, the Ritualist and the Assassin, and authorizes the user to play Guild Wars Factions 24 hours before the game's street date in spring 2006. The Guild Wars Factions pre-order package will be available in retail stores nationwide beginning February 28.

A game beta test of this size and scope has never been offered before and is a unique event for both fans and the ArenaNet team alike. With current Guild Wars players, their invited friends, and players around the world who purchase the GWF pre-order converging on the game for the Guild Wars Factions Preview Event, ArenaNet is preparing capacity in all its data centers to handle record-breaking numbers of new players.

"To be able to open up Guild Wars Factions and share this one-time experience with so many people is truly a thrill," said Mike O'Brien, ArenaNet co-founder. "Guild Wars players will get the opportunity to play Factions before the game's release while sharing the game with up to three of their friends. We can't wait for the feedback from the seasoned players, as well as those who join us for the first time on March 24."

Guild Wars is an online roleplaying game where players explore a rich fantasy world, acquire skills, build personalized characters, and compete in head-to-head guild battles with players from around the world. In addition to the compelling game design and innovative technology that make playing Guild Wars a unique experience, Guild Wars' success is due in part to a revolutionary business model in which no monthly subscription fee is charged to its users.

Please visit www.guildwars.com for more information."

Dammit this means I'll have to get one copy from gameplay again *sigh*

apparently a slightly different news-press for Europe (as pre-order works slightly different, like it did last time: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_rele ... ?aid=14617)

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Coolness! :D I wonder about these exclusive items though...I want one that summons a chinese gold farmer to farm for me!

- Coach

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:23 pm
Minor Diety

you'll be lucky :P Last time it depended where you preordered; e.g. europe got Chimeric Prism (an offhand) which was about the most useful. But this time sounds like all preorders will get the same thing, and if its like the originals, they won't be 'perfect'; more for use low to mid-range of the game.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

well, that's shitty. I want perfect stuff. What's the point in preordering otherwise?

And what's the release date? If the beta event is March 24th, then full release must be several weeks later, right? :evil:

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

There is no release date yet. Other than "Spring 2006". Could be May again. I know the last Beta for the original was only 3 weeks before it was released, so maybe it'll be April *shrugs*

And my guess is they don't give out perfects coz then there's no reason to keep playing to find the perfects. Who knows, maybe they will be perfect. But if you don't want the items, don't preorder, you can still join the beta (and 3 of your friends). You just won't get early access.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:44 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, I'm not much into preordering. Not unless there's a major incentive. I'll probably just pick it up from a store when it comes out.

Man...the servers are kinda laggy now. Imagine what it'll be like when Factions comes out.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]