It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Opinions 
Minor Diety

Post Opinions
Ok, so I have one char slot left apart from my war, necro and ele. Originally the idea was to keep that open in order to create a PvP char should I want to. However, I wouldn't mind creating a mesmer or monk ...so I kinda need opinions. Should I use this last char slot? And if so, for what class?

Thing is: I don't want to have to delete a char I put time in in order to free a char slot for a PvP char someday.

And probably the most important question: will I get new char slots with Factions? If so..this problem might only be minor. :)

Any input is appreciated :)

P.S. no, I'm not buying a second account :P

- Coach

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:43 am
Minor Diety

yes you get more slots with Factions. They don't know how many yet, but there will be at least one.

That said, spose it depends on what you feel like. Monk can be fun if you don't mind staring at red bars all day long, or you can go the smiting route of course.

Mesmer as you know is fun, but you already have a secondary one, and you will probably have a lot of problems getting into groups so be prepared to nag Satis/Shiny/Me a lot or use henchies ;)

I'd tell you to go Ranger but 1. I kick ass as our only ranger and 2. you're not too keen on it ;) hehe.

Since its Monk and Mesmer you're interested in, maybe I could suggest a mix of the two. Mo/Me would be fun to heal/protect/smite with built in energy-management and echo-heals. Or you could go for the fast casting Me/Mo for a caster-killer with built in protection.

Or you could choose something completely different :P

Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe...thanks for the feedback. Though choice really...if I go Mo/Me I need to drop fast casting, if I go Me/Mo I'll have to do without divine favour. :(

And well, a monk is always useful, so that might win the plea, but a) looking at red bars all day doesn't sound very exciting and b) mesmers pwn. ;)

To be continued...could be I go Mes primary and then make a Mo/Rit in factions.

P.S. I only realized yesterday that the Tombs of the Primeval kings had changed. :roll: I'm gonna kick some ass there soon.

- Coach

Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:59 am
Minor Diety

um... ox, i told you weeks ago that it was the 'new' underworld. idiot! hehe. Anyhoo yeah monk is always needed but you dont have to go prot/heal, you can go smite you know.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:59 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

smite monks aren't all that. Unless you're doing like an invincimonk or something. Bleh. Imo, it's pretty lame to have an 'uber' build like that. But hey, whatever works, I guess.

However, Monk IS fun. Smiter/protectors can be alot of fun...just SoJ on yourself, some prot spells, then let the enemy beat themselves to death. I've toyed around with various attack monk builds just for the hell of it. I have all the traps on my monk (including elite) for instance.

I wouldn't mind trying a smiter/protector/mes build, too. :p

Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yeah smite alone isn't awesome (not with the aoe nerf) but if he mixed it with a mesmer it could be fun. interupt and smite. o rlike you say, smite/prot can be cool.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think Mes/Mo might be the way I go then. :D I feel kinda guilty for not having a primary Monk though, hehe. And kinda sucks to not have used any ranger skills, ever....but I might do that with my war in time. (no, not for IWAY :P ;) )

It's just that ranger doesn't seem the ideal complimentary class for a caster like Ele/Mes/Necro. But then, who knows.

- Coach

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:13 am
Felix Rex

An ele/r might be fun. Though you lack in expertise (lower energy costs) you can more than make up for it with your 2 extra energy regen points and energy storage. If you team up with one or more other rangers, you could share some of the trapper spirits (quickening zephyr and that other one) and be totally viable as a trapper build.

heh...we should try taht sometime, Ox....get our eles together and trap farm. :p

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

sounds good satis, though most trapper teams wouldn't take you without the 16 WS (coz most are morons lol). But as an ele with conjure flame + flame trap... ouch.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm...good idea. You can always give me a poke if you want, i'll go change my secondary and buy the elementary traps. :)

- Coach

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:18 pm
Minor Diety

So, I made my 4th character and did a few missions with him. :) It's a Mes/Mo after all. The idea is to be some sort of 1337 hexer/smiter that can throw around scourge healing. :wink:

I've done presear and I'm not at frontier gate, lvl 7 or something. I like it so far. :) My character looks ridiculous but hey. :P Maybe I should have gone with a female mesmer after all (they look cool) but I just couldn't find a good name. :(

Btw; Fast casting seems to have to be REALLY high to be very effective. I've got it at 5 and I barely notice a difference. :/

- Coach

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:55 am
Minor Diety

Fast casting is great. No way I'd be without it. 1 fast cast is odd. a 10 sec spell with 1 fc will take ~9.5s to cast. Following it you'd imagine that with 16 fc, it'd take 2s to cast, but it in fact takes 5s.

You may not notice much difference, but if you were in pvp with an interupter on you, they'd certainly notice.

Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, you're probably right yeah..and it kinda makes sense they made it regressive, instant-casting resurrect probably is a bit overpowered. :)

- Coach

Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]