It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Chapter 2 info 
Minor Diety

Post Chapter 2 info
Well I figured we might as well get a thread going, so heres a link to one on GWG that has some good info

Gaile Gray talks on Chapter 2

For those who don't already know, we have 2 new professions in chapter 2, one secret, the other, the assassin!

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:59 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Cool, thanks for the link Pev!! I'm pretty sure I'll make a char of the "secret" profession. ;) Assassin sounds kinda lame...like a ranger with a more specific skillset. And we all know how hard rangers sucks....hehe, jk!

And no new player races, mm...prolly for the better. No need to make things more complicated, I say! Yay for auction houses!!

- Coach

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:03 am
Minor Diety

as for the professions, i'll have one of each (primary). I dunno. Assassin could be fun... i'll wait to see though. I generally don't like them (except in diablo) but if they do it right could be cool

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

New info on Guild Wars: Factions (yep, it now officially has a title!)

Quote:
Cantha

* Takes place in Cantha, an Asian-style area
* Plot--stop the 200-year murderer of an emperor from making trouble
* Shing Jea Monastery akin to Presearing in Chapter 1, a tutorial area
* Story missions match groups with and against each other (whole 8 player groups included)
* Players may choose an alliance--Luxons or the Kurzicks, which affects conflicts in the story and pvp areas such as a "king of the hill" scenario
* Two announced classes--assassin and ritualist

The Assassin

* Primary attribute increases chance of critical hits and gains energy for the assassin with energy on every critical hit.
* Attribute skills include dagger skills, offensive hexes and magic, and teleportation and stealth techniques
* Sample skill list: Jagged Strike, Viper Strike, Razor Wing, Moebius Strike, Death's Charge, Shadow Refuge, Critical Eye. (complete descriptions in magazine)

The Ritualist

* A dark, savage priest; mix between ranger, necromancer and monk.
* Primary attribute increases the durability of the ritualist's spirits and other creatures, such as ranger pets.
* Attribute skills include direct-damage spell line, immobile spirit creatures, and healing.
* Sample skill list: Essence Strike, Pain, Spirit Burn, Channeled Stroke, Shelter, Flesh of my Spirit. (complete description in magazine)

Faction Wars, PvP Arenas, Equal Footing, GWWC

* Faction Wars betwen Luxon and Kurzick
* 55 maps to try and gain control of
* Successful alliances enjoy discounted merchant prices and display of banner
* Guild Halls will have NPC-like merchants, storage agents, additional guild storage and scrimmage play.
* New guild halls will be available.
* PVP arenas; Ascalon Arena, the Tomb of the Primeval Kings, will all be on their own continent called Battle Isles
* Practice areas will be implemented.
* A group of "core skills" will be available in each campaign to ensure balance.
* Ability to go to Cantha and change your secondary profession to ritualist or assassin.
* 2 new campaigns per year are slated to come out.
* No word yet on if GWWC will be televised in North America.

Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

slightly more in-depth analysis of the article:

Quote:
The article is still illegally posted on some sites. So I read it. I'll clear up alittle without going too far.

General Info:
- The Tutural is promised to be better. Teaching team tactics like target calling and avoiding groups of enemies.

Assas. Info:
- Dual-weilding (a primary and offhand Dagger).
- Her skills are supposed to flow together in sequence and animation for massive damage results. (basically she can hit up combos).
- They say her armor will NOT be "warrior calibur".

Attributes:
Not giving away all info, but
her primary is dealing with critical strikes
She has dagger mastery as thats her weapon choice
An attribute for her hexes and magics
An attirubte for her teleportation and defensive stuff.

Her Skills:
Again - gotta support the magazine, but basically The skills they provided fit the description nicely.
She has primary and offhand dagger attacks,
Dual handed attacks,
teleportation skill (this one teleporting you straight to your target),
a simple Evasion stance that heals you,
and a skill to further improve your critical rate.

The designer also mentions a class combo he was thinking about when designing it. As/Ele that uses teleportation skills to hit off point blank AoE dmg.

Ritualist info:
- The point is made that he is Blindfolded. So all his magic comes from his mind. Like a Pyschic.
- Again, like a necro, ranger,monk.
- His main focus with nearly all of his skills is the micromanagement of Spirits.
- Its mentioned this guy will be a heavy support character above all else.

Attributes:
Again - letting just alittle cat out of bag
His primary helps his spirits (and also Ranger Pets it says)
He has a line is damage magic
His second magic is his bulk of his spirit summoning magic
and of course his healing style magics

Skills:
Again - Cant copy the information, get the magazine.
The Ritualist's sample skills given nearly all had to do with Spirits. So it gives the point that spirits are a big thing.
An energy healer dealing with spirits,
A damage spell dealing with spirits,
Another damage spell, this one being AoE,
A weird damage spell, mentioning having an item that "channels" the damage - so this is probably a clue to the Ritualist's main weapon choice,
Then you sample two spirits, one that protects allies, and one that is a new kind of deal for GW - a spirit that actually attacks the enemy.
Then a sample of his monk-ish skills. A resurrection spell.

The design'ers comment here is that being an alternative monk IS NOT the main focus here - They wanted the ritualist to be a whole new kind of thing for GW.

-----------------------------------------------------

Skills for our classes:
- EACH class thats already here gets 25 additional skills, and 6 sets of armor. [This will probably not be more AL, but rather other choices in secondary effects on the armor]

Then they give some samples of these new skills

Elementalist:
They said the main focus really was to make multi-attribute ele's more viable.
This is shown in one of the sample skills that reminds me of Lightning Touch (that is, its an air spell that has an effect that happens off of Water hexes).
The elite they showed was an air spell that teleports you to the target.

Mesmers:
They said mesmer's focus was not changed, just more optinos of doing the same.
The main One I'll mention is another Illusion hex spell that cuases, they say, "massive" health degen, but heals the opponent when it ends.

Monk:
Also says around same lines.
Dont take that like they dont get new stuff, because some of the skills mentioned have some weird new angles to go at a monk from.
The last spell mentioned is a powerful healing spell that disables al lyour other healing spells and cant cast on yourself [makes it sound uber powerful]

Necromancer:
The biggest thing they mention is more enchantment removal, and a NEW MINION!
The enchantment removal spell is very very powerful, [so I'd expect it to have a huge cost and recharge when it comes out lol].
The elite they showed was a new minion. This new minion leaves a CORPSE behind so you can just re-rasie him or exploit the corpse.

Ranger:
They promise new EVERYTHING - including pets.
two skills I want to give a tiny spoiler on is a Spirit that cuases bleeding on knocked down foes, and the elite bow attack they showed which Dazes the opponent [so Rangers are even better anti-casters].

Warrior:
The big thing here is that the warrior now can protect his allies thorugh skills.
This is shown thorugh a sample stance that blocks attacks for your allies as long as you don't move.
A new concept for warrior is also a two-slash sword attack.

----------------------------------------------------------------

More on Faction:
- Guilds in the same faction can now become allies.
- Promised longer, better PvP experiences, with alot more viables and fun.
- New rewards for faction winning include things like discounted merchants in certain areas, and areas only your alliance can go to.

Guilds Info:
- Guild battles as we know them get upgraded for Factions too.
- the rest I think has been mentioned in this thread, like guild storage, etc.

Radical change for arenas:
- All the PvP areans we know and love are getting uprooted and put on their own "Battle Isle". So no arena is linked to a certain city.
- You get to Battle Isle from the port city (Lion's Arch in chap1)
- BOTH chapters then have access to every arena.
- Training will now be available for PvP

EQualness:
THESE ARE THE BIG QUESTIONS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ASKING IN THIS THREAD:
- Chapter 2, named "Factions", is a STAND ALONE GAME. not an expansion. Both Chapters will exist independent of each other, except for some interactions (chap1 people going over to the pvp arenas, and changing to /rit and such).
- The "Core Skills" they pick for each class, and New weapons and such, will be avialable in any chapter to keep some balance in the arenas. Though newer chapter people do keep some stuff only for their chapter.

(PERSONAL OPINION: and thats only fair..they did fork over the money to buy that chapter, it wouldn't make sense to just give all the new stuff to chapter 1 people..but they had to balance the new stuff out alittle, since chapter 1 and 2 do share pvp arenas).

The Future:
- They look forward to releasing 2 chapters a year if Guild Wars stays popular and such.

Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thanks for that Pev!! Sounds pretty cool, tho I'm not a 100% sure what to think of it being two seperate games. :/ Especially because, when you all have to start a new character in the expansion, everyone with GW experience (assuming that's 80% of the players, very likely) will want to make one of the newest classes....that means that there'll be TONS of assassins and ritualists running around, and no core classes. :roll: heh

But apart from that I like the sound of the ritualist. Pure support classes usually pwn, because the devs know they're seldom popular with the n44b crowd they give them great skillsets. Always works that way. :D So in the hands of a skilled player...

- Coach

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:15 am
Minor Diety

Ritualist sounds amazing. I think I'm gonna try her out with all secondaries, because they all sound good. Ri/R, Ri/N, Ri/Mo, anything. Assassin I'm thinking may go well with Warrior, so I may finally have a char with W secondary.

And yes, its true, everyone will make the new chars, but I'll be joining in ;) But I'll still play my other chars, e.g. when I need to upgrade their armour and so have to go farming ;) lol. Plus they all still need finishing. Not even Pev is finished, she has some skills and bonuses to get yet!

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Maybe I'll finally buy my guild hall, so I can get the storage. :p

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol yeah, people have been bitching about guild storage for a long time.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:09 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

anyone who wants a sneak preview of chapter 2:

http://www.guildwars.com/press/pr13-10-01-06.html

open to anyone FREE with or without an existing guild wars account. Shame its PvP only

Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The landscapes look as cool as always... the chars... Well Assassin looks way too much like a ranger with caster-type armour on, and the Ritualist looks like a Necro with a lump on its head.

Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:19 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I think the assassin looks pretty cool...strangely enough, I thought the ritualist looked like a ranger. :p

Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol its the face of the Assassin that looks like a ranger to me. I swear its almost identical to the one Mole uses.

Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:19 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

yet another new article with three different screens; one of the new enemies, a picture of the ranger-like assassin and just some building ;)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/681/681120p1.html

right at the bottom, look how many new skills there are... *drools* 90 new elites! yeah i know most of 'em are for rit/a but sssh

Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:08 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

http://www.guildwarsguru.com/content/gu ... id1634.php

Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]