It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
a GW video 
Felix Rex

yea, I figured that out. Sucks you didn't get anything, though.

3 of my chars got hats, one got horns (my warrior). I made a video too. :p

Grenth Pwns Dwayna
~3MB No music, sorry, Shiny was passed out in the bedroom. :roll:

Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

ok, you guys are failing to entertain me. So...here's another video. :) This one's Shiny and I monking in FoW. I was protecting. Those wurms are friggin' scary.

Monking in Fissure

Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Cool vid...I have trouble making out most of it, but the wurm was clear. :) I definitely need to spend more time in UW and FOW, from the looks of it. So if you guys are planning on a run there, give me a shout...levelling my necro through boring long-ass missions (Borlis Pass ugh) isn't exactly a priority. It's important, but by no means essential. :roll:

I need more money too, so I could use an ecto or two. :P I'll try to frap something myself in the near future...of course, I never used it so I'll prolly mess it up somehow. :P

P.S. The Forgemaster of SF is by far the coolest thing in the game. Sure beats the wurm! :P ;) Reminds me that we need to get the SF quests done and do Final Assault. Kick Forgemaster butt and tape it!!

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:58 pm
Felix Rex

yea, by all means, I've always available. I think my protection monk totally pwns....if we could get someone cogging, I could totally pwn keeping you alive. :)

Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hehe, that'd be cool. I love (good) protection monks. And I love the tons of -0's that are floating above my head when it happens. :) But sure, we should do that...I'd totally pwn at, erh, staying alive. :/

Problem is that we'd need at least one reliable Nuker or MM/SS necro along. And even a good healer. Where we gonna find those? Shiny could fill one spot, but other than that we'd need pick-up members...

come to think of it, if i'm cogging, pev could bring healing spring for some healing too. She shouldn't get targetted (and hence not interrupted) anyway when i'm drawing aggro.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:22 pm
Felix Rex

shiny can definetely do healing if needed. I don't think she can nuke/SS as effectively as I could, but I could maybe coach her on that. :P If you don't mind spending a couple minutes while I reskill/respec her and explain how I do it. hehe. I sound like such a bastard.

honestly, I plan on doing a combination of life barrier and life bond...which means it may even be possible to have pev or mole do the cogging while you nuke. The damage reduction is extreme. (50% + 50%, plus whatever else gets dropped on the cogger)

Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

feel free to drag me to SF, my ranger needs to finish it all ;) hehe. I found a degen build that works wonders in there. And it leaves room for either an Interupt, a dodge stance or a speed stance.

Btw last night I found that I can solo Ettins using the same principle that I use on Ice Imps. So I'll get a vid of that. I'm even thinking of getting the 1.5k frostbound armour for when I go soloing (+ vs elemental), though for group stuff I'll stick to my Druids.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I wish I'd taped my clean sweep of the imp cave without dying, killing trolls on the way. ;) But then, that'd be a 20-minute vid, heh.

Good call on having Pev tanking Satis...if she fiddles with her stances and with good armour, I think that should be able to work. Pev, what stances can your provide? Ele res, physical res, dryder's defenses, lightning reflexes, ...?

Btw, life bond and life barrier AND essence bond? :P Are you even gonna regen any energy other than what you get through essence bond? :D

- Coach

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:21 am
Minor Diety

heh name a stance ;) I have a few alternatives.

Right now, I'm thinking I should bring Greater Conflagration as my elite (this is the secret to my recent soloing success: all phys damage is turned into elemental) then have Elemental Resistance.

Or I can go for the evasiveness. Dryders Defense is a great one for me, 75% evasion with +x to ele armour. Take Whirling Defense for when that runs out (75% block, blocked missiles return to their 'owner' and dmg them) along with some damage.

Or there's the running skills for cogging (also good for attacking). Escape as my elite (75% dodge + 25% speed inc), with Storm Chaser (evasion + energy gain when ele damage is done). With these two I can run at 25% speed inc 100% of the time.

BTW I'm gonna try videoing my soloing with ettins. Guys, these things rule.

8 runs

Minor: Fire, Sword, Protection, Expertise, Illusion, BeastMastery x2, Curses, Domination, Divine, Absorption, Inspiration, Vigor
Major: Smite x2, Illusion, Inspiration, BeastMastery, Air x2, Hammer, Healing, Sword
Superior: Protection (sold for 7k to rune trader!), Hammer, Earth

Last edited by pevil on Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

WTF? :D Where exactly are those ettins? Hehehe...sounds like great fun and profit. I'm think I should have even less problems against those guys, being a melee char. Or maybe you slow them and take them out from afar, dunno?

I wanna farm, but internet keeps jumping on and off. Sigh. :(

- Coach

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:23 am
Minor Diety

lol the ettins are at Nebo Terrace and North Kryta Province. Basically, start at Beetletun, run along the 'top' of Nebo Terrace and the 'top' of NKP.

My build right now (may get tweaked to include Ignorance: stops use of signets)

Greater Conflagration (elite): All phys dmg is turned into fire
Elemental Resistance: resist the fire
Troll Unguent: keep this up most of the time to help stay alive ;)
Savage Shot: interupt their healing sigs (as said, may swap for Ignorance, gotta buy it first)
Apply Poison: constantly damage the ettins
Feral Lunge: bleed the buggers and do extra damage
Comfort Animal: keep pet alive/res it
Charm Animal

Works nicely. Bleed and poison them whilst denying them any healing. I can take down one ettin with my bird in about 30 seconds. I can handle 3 at once (possibly 4). Thinking I'll get some cheap Drakescale armour (+ vs fire) or Leather (+ vs general elemental)

Just found a Superior Hammer Mastery ;) I'll keep editing the list to show what I've found ;)

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Anyway, I get bored farming solo, but I'll happily farm with you guys. Bonding/nuking/minion mastering/echo SS, whatever. They're all effective in SF from what I've seen.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:26 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I had a little moment this afternoon and decided to try some ettin farming with my tank...worked like a charm. :) I can take out three ettins pretty easily, perhaps 4. But since they don't come in groups of 4 I don't have to to try that. :P

It's not that hard really, just a variation on my axe ice imp farmer build. Fast damage doing+damage reduction stance+healing sig. Basically, it's something like

-physical resistance (mes skill) makes the ettins kittens that only do much damage when using power attacks
-Cleave (elite). Cleave rox0rs! Eviscerate would work too, tho.
-Executioner's strike
-Swift chop
-Disrupting chop. The key skill here; it's a slowly charging adrenal skill and you need to time it a bit, but it not only disrupts (healing sig :) ) but also disables the skill for 20 seconds. So ettins are left without healing.
-Penetrating blow
-healing sig (duh)

8th skill is open for interpretation. Cyclone axe, to the limit, dolyak signet, watch yourself, distracting blow all work. The latter if you're not good at timing healing sig interrupts. :) Oh, and try to pack an adrenal axe. :)

Erh...anyway, long story short: I killed a few bands of ettins (about 15 in total I think) and got a purple axe (crappy) and a gold armour with superior sword mastery on it. :D Solo ettin farming rules!!! lol

Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:27 am
Felix Rex

hey, you may wanna try packing along sympathetic visage. It's a mes skill...any time someone hits you with a melee skill, it drains all their adrenaline and 3 energy.

Might be really effective in eliminating all those damned power hits.

Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

(BTW: Sympathetic visage does its job well Satis, but usually ends too quick to be really useful. And since most solo farming with a war is a war of attrition...)

Ayway, in my quest to find new farming areas I went to the Arid Sea. It went well, apart from some minor mishaps (can't take 4 sand giants). But other than that I could take everything there on my own...including the wurms. I present to you, Rinox the Wurmslayer. :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next