It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Wintersday! 
Minor Diety

Post Wintersday!
Wintersday is here in Tyria! Head over to Ascalon, LA, Droks and Tombs to see all the pretty decorations, and in LA make sure to check for 2 new quests to get some funky christmas rewards.

If anyone fancies tagging along, I'll probably be doing them tonight after work, or tomorrow before/after my parents have been round.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

No can do. Wont have an internet connection now until Jan. Going back home for xmas.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:20 am
Minor Diety

aww never mind derf. I'm sure if we have some surplus stuff left over you'll get a look in ;) I'm intending to quest and farm for my life tonight! hehe

edit: well i done the two quests (probably do them some more with other chars lol) and I have 2 gingerbread focus, 1 gingerbread shield and a peppermint shield. On the collectors items, it would seem you wanna go for the candy canes; these lil sweeties get rid of all your dp when used outside of a town/pvp area! I think I'll be stocking up on them... and the candy cane bow looks cool so i'll also be trying to get that (and probably a staff/sword etc for my other chars)

Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm...could this be the time to exhange my 100+ summit badges for candy canes? :P I just hope they don't take the out of the game after christmas...hehe.

I want a gingebread shield thing too :( I was waiting for pev and co to do the quests, then it turned out you guys all already did them. :roll:

After you and Shiny left me and Pev (and Jonny) did another run or two to the ice imp cave, but no luck. :( Oh, and it turned out the ice imps didn't spawn with Shiny's titan quests active. :( :wink: Too bad, but meh..;we'll get one of those ice swords, eventually! We just need more humans in the party to prevent henchies from stealing my stuff. (well, our :P )

- Coach

Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:16 am
Felix Rex

we can still do the quests some time if you want...I still have 3 characters that haven't done it. I still want an IDS, too. We had quite the killer group between the four of us and some henchies.

Anyway, we beat Shiny's Defend Drok mission with her necro, so that shouldn't be an issue any more. :p

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:15 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol im still up for IDS farming. Found a R/Me solo guide... but running there is a pain in the ass so i'd rather do a 4 man group with you guys. Less henchies the better. Plus yeah, I wanna do the quests with my 2 chars who are far enough (can't do the one that involves going to droks though)

Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I did some more IDS farming with an all-human group and not one IDS. :( For anyone in the group, that is...which always is a bummer after fighting all the way there through hordes of fierces. *shudders*

- Coach

Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:21 am
Seigneurial Lord

:/ Wintersday... So what's so important about Candy Cane shards (besides that you can craft weapons from them), (spiked) eggnog and Icy Dragon Swords? And has any of you done those quests btw? I can't seem to find coal or termites :/

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Coal: go to ascalon city. The coal is near Simon the Scribe

Termites: It's on the beach near the ascalon settlement in Kryta. There's a chick standing by a dock...she has them

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

icy dragon sword: like fiery one but blue flame, and rarer.

eggnog, just a nice lil easter egg really, candy canes get rid of dp. candy cane shards do nothing but buy you the candy cane weapons.

Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Is it me or have the wintersday snowball arenas been abandoned? :(

- Coach

Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:27 am
Felix Rex

I'd probably pvp more if people weren't pricks.

When someone spams 'pwned' it just irritates me.
And when people use skills that I didn't think were available in the snowball arena, I get a little irritated too....like...say...sprint.

Anyway...I do have 255 balthazar faction now. :p

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol yeah instead of being "yay snowball fight" people are still bitching. In fact, people are bitchign that skills are overpowered... er... hello? you all have the same freaking skills!

dumbasses

edit: well its wintersday! and just like halloween, every 3 hours there's an event in LA

*SPOILERS*
go to LA, you get to choose to support Grenth or Dwayna (just run to them). If Dwayna wins, you get a santa cap, if grenth wins, you get reindeer antlers. My ranger got antlers, my war got a hat. Most districts are designating themselves as Dwayna or Grenth. YOu also get to see pretty fireworks and die ;)

Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]