savage shot
disrupting shot
pin down
apply poison
critical eye
sharpen daggers
seeping wound [elite]
troll unguent

Basically, keep critical, sharpen, and poison up as much as possible. Target one guy (casters are good) and pop him. Once a condition sticks, hit seeping wound: mad degen. Pin down to keep him from running, interrupts to keep him from doing anything. Can be mean, but ineffective against groups or if a monk is there with a condition remover. Unless you can keep conditions on the monk, of course. :)

running war

sprint
charge
shields up
I will survive
purge conditions
holy veil
healing signet
healing breeze

healing 7
strength 13
tactics 10

my latest running build. Should be pretty self explanatory. Holy veil is only for hex heavy areas...makes them take a long time to cast. Most things you will be far past by the time you get the hex. Keep running until all hexes hit and then either let them wear off or cancel holy veil to remove the most recent.

cyclone axe
cleave
dismember
executioner's strike
disrupting chop
rebirth
vigorous spirit
healing breeze

healing prayers 7
strength 13
axe 13

An extreme adrenaline build. Vigorous spirit before running in, then cyclone axe to build adrenaline. After that, it's pretty easy to whack away with impunity. Healing breeze if taking a big beating, but vigorous alone is worth a good deal of health regen. Wish I had a vampiric axe.

Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Love the A/R and the war runner build, the axe aggro dude is kinda tricky. I've done it a few times and it definitely works against some mobs, but overall it's rather complicated and if you don't have relatively good timing you'll die pretty fast, in my experience. :(

I'll take my attrition build over it anytime. I should post it, if I didn't do so already.

- Coach

Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:32 am
Felix Rex

yea, that axe build requires other people around (like a monk). It's not meant for soloing. For pure tankage, I'd drop a few attack skills and pick up some defense crap, like shield stance and dolyak sig.

Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:55 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

ok...so I did a 5 man FoW run with some peeps last night... it was a spirit bonder run and I was the second (bonding) monk. I'm pasting my build so I don't forget it. Twas very effective, and with only 5 of us the looting was phenomenal.

skills:
Balthazar's spirit
holy wrath
retribution
succor
spell breaker (elite)
blessed signet
sigent of devotion
rebirth

smite 16, divine favor 15, the rest doesn't matter.

Basically, put all 4 enchants on the primary monk. Put Spellbreaker on him if he's about to hit some mesmers. He does the rest. The damage output from holy wrath and retribution is incredible. But, you never have ANY energy, hence the sigs. Blessed sig is for between fights, so you can have enough energy to drop spellbreaker. Don't bother casting it in fight.

I don't know the primary monk build yet. :p I may post that when I learn it, but this biuld is easy. Just stay away from baddies.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2