It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Guild Wars 
Felix Rex

suckage. I wish you luck with that. THe game is pretty stable on my box, though it appears to corrupt the windows graphics subsystem on my box from time to time. Very odd stuff. Still, to CTDs or anthing for me.

Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, the game is stable on my system, but the system isn't stable, if you get what I mean.

It's my PC that's fubar'd.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:50 pm
Profile WWW
Duke

Minerva Aeiry
for anyone who wants to add me to their list :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:43 am
Seigneurial Lord

Bought it saturday, started playing on monday, I love it :roll: Character is:
Cian Deliss (lvl 9 Ranger/Monk, with no monk skills at all :?, but maybe I should get some by decreasing my dying skill, in which I invested a lot of ability points)
Haven't decided what my next characters will be. Near certain that my next character will be an Elementalist, but third will be Monk/Warrior focusing on Monk or a Warrior/Something. Gah, decisions.
Had some questions about GW and was hoping some of you could answer them:

What should I ask for dyes? I've found loads of dyes, about 9, and I've played only a few hours. Used 1 Blue, sold a Silver one for 1 gp to a NPC (argh! it still haunts me), sold Orange for 144, Green and Red for 100 each and still have Purple, Yellow, Orange and just found another Silver one. Anyway, they're just taking up space in my inventory and don't know how much I should ask for them if I want to sell the rest.

Where can you get some experience in Ascalon, 2 years later? I could handle myself in the first one, but the leveling-up process had kind of stopped. I was level 7 when I reached it and am now level 9 and spent an equal amount of time in both worlds. Most quests are still too difficult for me, since I seem to have a problem dealing damage and I have no problem at all taking it. Hiring henchmen is an option, but they take a part of the experience I need so badly. Any suggestions?

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:16 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

For the dutch-speaking GW-players: i regularly visit another forum where they have a GW-subforum, and they're also trading stuff there.

This could be an idea for here as well btw (although there might be too few players here), i'll give you the link, maybe you could use something from it, put something on yourself, or get an idea how much something is worth etc.
I think it might be better than auction houses or whatever.

http://games.telenet.be/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

~King of Thieves~

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:59 am
Felix Rex

dyes....most are worth around 100gp. The exceptions are silver (several hundred, probably) and black. Black is worth probably around 5 platinum. Yes. 5 platinum. Very very rare.

Experience... the best way to get experience is to get in a group with other players and do the primary missions. As a ranger, you're not strong enough to really solo much of anything. You need a healer to keep you alive and a warrior to tank for you while you smack em down with your arrows. You may be able to get away with your pet as a tank.

Since you have a secondary Monk, I strongly suggest you take healing breeze along, even if you have no points invested in Monk. it's very handy and well worth the skill slot. Post your name and I may add you to my friends list so I can keep your ass alive. Unfortuanetly, I've been pretty focused on GTA lately...not doing much GW. I may change that, though.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:50 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

i can't remember whether you'll have ignite arrows yet or not... either way head to Grendich Courthouse (you need to get to piken square, then from there go to the west to get into the Diessa Lowlands then head north) where you get Kindle Arrows; very similar to Ignite but only costs 5 energy with the trade off being there's no explosion damage on enemies near to your target.

yeah post-sear ascalon is a bitch. Things still give a good enough fight for soloing to be impossible until you reach mid-teen levels, but half the time unless you're only level 6 you get 0xp for them. Like Satis said, get your ass into the Missions (first one is in Ascalon City: Northern Wall) and just go through those until you reach Yaks Bend where you should be able to hold your own a little bit better whilst still getting exp.

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:01 am
Profile WWW
Seigneurial Lord

Ah ok, thanks for the advice, healing breeze it is then. And I'll join those sellspammers in Ascalon for my dyes. Seen a black dye once, but was in a party and it was reserved for someone else :? Lucky git. The name is Cian Deliss, as I posted before. Don't feel obliged or something to help me, I can always take some henchmen along to help me and I'll get my experience from quest rewards (which isn't shared, or is it?). If that doesn't work, I'll probably get focused on GTA as well. It's still lying next to my Guild Wars box pure and untouched, calling out for someone to open it! Ah well, I'll try harder tomorrow to kill some Charr.

Edit: Thanks Pev, I'll keep it in mind. I've tried getting to Piken Square, but couldn't find my way through the 'mountains'. Some Ranger :? So I'll try harder tomorrow to kill some Charr and finding Piken Square :roll:

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:04 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol loads of places are hard to find around Ascalon. Stupid mountains. You'll get there soon enough ;)

And yay! Our own forum! hehe

Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Might be gettin internet at my Uni house, so i might be taggin along with this game.

I take it its a MMORPG? do you guys actively play it? How does it work?

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:09 am
Minor Diety

free to play. You can just buy the keycode online if you dont want the box set, and download the client from the above address.

6 professions, you take a primary and secondary. Get skills and attributes for each (each has a 'primary' attribute that you only get if its your primary prof, so choose carefully!) so you can make whatever type of char you want. You can constantly rearrange your attributes in towns, so you can be a Smiting Monk one minute, dealing out damage, and the next, a Healer, dedicated to keeping your teammates alive.

Right now, Me, Mole and Ox are online quite often. I might drop off a lil bit as of tomorrow due to BnW2 finally being out, but I'll still be online to help Mole and Ox get their chars through the story.

check out www.guildwarsguru.com for detailed stuff on the game. Just watch out for the immense amount of pratts that play. Best just to play with friends or henchmen.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

thanks for that. Ill look into it when i get the broadband.

Is a 1 Mb connection good enough?

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:30 am
Minor Diety

yup. me and mole are sharing a 1Mb connection and very, very rarely lag on it. So you'll do fine. And you should be able to run it on full graphics with that gfx card of yours :P

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

GW is engineered to run well on a Dial up connection, so one meg is just fine.

It's not an MMORPG, its a CORPG.

Basically, what happens is you start in a town called Ascalon. You can only party with 1 other person. You (and this person if you choose to party) go of in to your own PvM (Player vs Monster) instance, so no one can loot your kills etc. There is no PKing as no one can get to you, only through true and fair PvP.

It's like an MMO, minus the ganking/ksing side of things.

Thus far, you can get a party of up to 8 players later on in the game. You have to work well together in order to progress, Ox, being a relatively new player, will probably already be able to tell you just how quickly things can get out of hand if you don't focus and work together.

Ask him about the Dwarven Cows.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next