It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Guild Wars 
Felix Rex

lol, we've had our arguments about SWG. I still dig the old SWG, but that's water under the bridge.

Anyway...as for the dye system, I like it. It'd be nice if you could die more armor. Like for rangers, the amount you can die is retardedly small. Monk, though, it's damn near everything. Also, did you know you can mix dye to make different colors? That's just awesome. :p

So anyway, i've ascended with my Monk now. the mirror battle was a bitch.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I know that about dyes, which is why I propose those two different types of dye, one for the major parts of armour, and one for the smaller parts. Dyes + Ranger = teh suck. :S

Anyway, mirror battle is easy, take of all your skills except like... something that makes it damage it's self, stay at long range and dodge it's arrows. Heh, Watch it kill it's self!

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

meh my dyed lvl 20 druids armour looks cool so shhh! but yes the dye stuff does need sorting.. dye a weap and it wont actually change colour, and very few shields do.

Healing monks are great to play, except for the asses that are all "omg im gonna run into these 3000000000 dragons then yell at you for not healing me well enough"... but heh, makes a good change. Elementalist is cool too.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:20 pm
Profile WWW
Knight

well i finally got an email back from support this morning hehe the 0 was acutally a Q oh well. I will be on tonight. I tried to read the book it came with but i got bored so i'll just run around like a newb bugging satis and asking him lots of questions :)

Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:29 pm
Profile YIM
Felix Rex

oh jeez, looks like I'll be playing GTA tonight. :p

My level healing monk owns. And I dont' take shit...if people start talking trash/being stupid, I just leave em. See how far they get without a monk at all.

Kinda reminds me of my first post-ascent missions. The first dragon had spells for monks, so we were gonna capture it. Some fucktard ignores all the demands to back away from the dragon right before we kill it and triggers the portal, so no capture. I told them they were fucktards and left the group, went back to the mission area, and grouped with someone else. As a monk, I am in high demand. :) That same group had already let me die twice anyway...I'm a HEALING monk. I can't tank the 3 baddies that you let run by because you were going after a piece of tasty loot, you fuckers.

Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol. It's always glorious when 90% of the ppl in a MMORPG don't understand the difference between a tank and a backup character. :) Is there really that high a demand for healers? I know they're always welcome in just about any MMORPG, but a shortage is kinda strange. believe it or not, I play healing classes online....being a badass warrior doesn't really pay off that much as in a SP game like KOTOR. =/ And I like being needed. Makes me feel important and all warm and fuzzy inside.

- Coach

Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:09 pm
Minor Diety

huge demand on healers. pisses me off, you get in a group and its "blah blah blah you're not a monk or a warrior, piss off" or "omg we only have one healer we'll neverm ake it..." *sigh* the point of this game is you could have 6 frigging rabbits with you, as long as they were skilled rabbits, and win. *beats teh crap out of the gw people*

er... anyway... satis they sorta fixed teh capture thing... now its once the boss is dead if you use SoC then it brings up a list of possible skills for you to capture, but its also broken coz apparently the very end boss goes straight to a cutscene (pissing off numerous warriors as thats the only place to get 'Hundred Blades', which seems to be their favoured elite skill)

Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

See, that's the hugest problem with GW and it's lack of pay-to-play, is that you get a lot of kids. So, A. Not only are the kids imature and annoying to play with, but B. They ALWAYS pick the damned warrior. So, there are a lot of Warriors, Necros etc, but not that many monks. So yeah, If you want a fast ride through the story, be a monk, and hitch up with anyone because they'll accept you just to heal, because the NPC healers are tards.

Rock Band [35%]

Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:42 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

From what i've heard that "Kids-mentality" is also a big problem in World of Warcraft, so it's not just GW. But you're right no montly fees (or for WoW the possibility to buy Gamecards, thus no requirement for a creditcard) really attracts another extra (immature) public.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:30 am
Felix Rex

well, the mission I was referring to above has a portal you go through rihgt after you kill the boss that triggers a cutscene. As long as you don't go through the portal, you don't trigger the cutscene and can capture. But some moron standing in the wrong place when you kill the dragon will fuck it all up for everyone, like above. Anyway, I enjoy lording my healer powers over others

Anyway, healers are great fun to play. I really enjoy the class. It takes alot of skill to be a healer in an advanced area, especially when you're coordinating with another healer (you can't survive with just one healer in advanced areas).

On a related note, noone wants to play mesmers. If you check out the rune vendors, mesmer runes are CHEAP. I mean, you can get superior mesmer runs for under a platinum. So...you can basically become a pretty badass mesmer (by buying superior mesmer runes for your armor) real early...just have a high level character to supply the cash. 4 plat per set of armor. Considering I have about 25 plat stashed, that's not too bad.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Duke

I'm a little addicted to GW at the moment :mrgreen:.... i managed to get my dad addicted too, hehehe.

I'm not so far through it, almost hit lvl 14 with my Mesmer/Monk, who kicks booty :mrgreen:
Seriously though, you're right Satis, i don't understand why more people don't play mesmers, we have some pretty sweet hexes and stuff :D

Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:02 am
Felix Rex

hey, add me to your friends list. I'll be happy to help you out. My names are:

Satis Cabalian (ranger, main character)
Shi Palimah (healer)
and
Irulan Moadib (warrior)

I've helped numerous people railroad through the quests for fast-levelling purposes. :) Ditto goes for anyone else that wants/needs help. I know healers can be a bitch to find, and I'm the best. :p

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:28 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

mesmers are indeed cool, my main char is a ra/me although she no longer uses any mesmer skills (wanted to concentrate on my arrow skills) but when I did use mesmer... wow. Rangers are another class, no one wants them... the thing is people tend to forget they're their because they just stand back with the monks.. they forget we can use pin down on warriors to slow the buggers down *sigh*

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

And posion them. And bleed them. And Explode them.

Rock Band [35%]

Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Knight

i ended up chosing warrior/mesmer. I really have no clue what i'm doing but yay me i'm level 2. Lastnight i just tried to run around and get used to the controls and try to kill stuff. But the game keeps crashing my computer grrrr so i have to figure out why this is going on.

Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:07 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next