It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Guild Wars 
Minor Diety

Post Guild Wars
Well, me and pevil have pre-ordered our guild wars, which means that in a few weeks we can download (when we get sent out codes) the client, and play the beta, so I figured i'd start a post about it here and now instead of in a few weeks.

It's looking pretty funky so far, there's no pay to play, which is good, very good, however it looks like there's no crafting armour and stuff, which I enjoy a lot in games.

I'll see if I can find a link or two...

www.guildwars.com (duh)

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/PC/guild_wars/

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

damn stupid making us wait for the preorder... *mutters* do get access to a beta weekend in april though, so i'll try to get some screenies to post here ;)

Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
Duke

damn you guys posting games that look good.
I've got so much stuff I need to buy at the moment! :P

I'll wait on this one until you guys give your professional opinions!

Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:50 pm
Minor Diety

lol well i'm damning Ascaron right now, they release the expansion to Sacred on the same day of the beta weekend!!! Bastards.

Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:53 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wasn't 11b getting this game too? or am I mistaken again..the screens look nice, but just how big is the world really? Because it all looks a litte bit too advanced to be a huge world, but bleh.

- Coach

Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:26 am
Minor Diety

actually i have no idea about the size of the world... but it doesn't really matter i guess because what they're planning is to release 2 'chapters' (ie expansions) a year instead of the monthly fee, so if you buy one of the chapters you gain more world/quests/items/skills/professions, and if you dont buy a chapter you can still explore any world thats included in the chapters you DO have.

Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
King

http://forums.clankiller.com/viewtopic.php?t=1018

I have a clan in there. Last beta weekend our clan was number 3 on the GvG ladder.

GW rules. It is a very impressive game and the pvp is the best I have ever seen

I really recommend you buy it.

If any of yall are serious about it and want to be in our clan your all welcome too. We do alot of pvp. Everyone that plays is really knowledgable. The only requiment, per say, is that you have a mic to talk on ventrilo voice server. Voice communication is cruical duringa guild v guild battle. O and the other requirment is that you have fun. Thats it.

If your not interested thats cool too, holla at me in game if you need some help or something.

Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:44 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Interesting. The 'no monthly fee' is very tempting as well.

But on the other hand, do you have any idea how many chapters will be released? I see in the first one you can only play human (or i read something wrong), so if you would like to implement like 8 races, that are a lot of add-ons you might be tempted to buy.

And is it (like WoW) that you're playing on different servers (realms) or does everyone just is on the same immense world, with the different areas between which you can travel as servers, so you can hop servers? Or something?

Yeah i know it's prolly in some FAQ, but i'm curious and i've got to do other stuff now.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:16 am
Minor Diety

its all one big world, you can play with your friends no matter which server they connect to.

No idea on the total chapters that will be released, but they are aiming for 2 every year which, if the game remains successful, will add up to quite a lot, but there's gotta be an end to the story eventually ;)

you do get your own 'instances' of dungeons though... so even if someone wants to camp out in the 'uber dungeon of ultimate dragon with lots of experience thats vital to a quest'... the only person who can get in there is them... if you wanna go do the quest, you get your own cave with your own dragon and lots of experience :D sounds a cool idea to me but at the same time its cool in Ultima Online to just bump into a fellow adventurer who you didnt know was in there, and either ask about whats ahead then carry on your own way, or team up with them and smash everything.

on the races thing... quote from the FAQ

[quote=www.guildwars.com]
What playable races are there in Guild Wars?

In the first chapter you will be able to play characters from the human race. In subsequent chapters of Guild Wars, you may be able to play members of other races.[/quote]

so it sounds like they're still debating over whether to even have races or not.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:45 am
Profile WWW
King

There is 1 large world or realm. Your seperated by districts. So lets say your in the city, everyone in game is in the same city just different disctricts. So if you go to Ashelon and your in district 12 and your buddy is in district 2, all you have to do is pull down this little drop box, select ditrict 2 and your instanly zoned to district 2.

When you form a group to go PVE or explore its all instaced so is only your group out in the wilderness, noone else.

When you do a Guild v guild its only your guild v other in a instanced or private pvp map.

Make sense?

Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:34 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

The box thing is a bit fuzzy, but i read something about 'reducing travelling time' and 'warping to safe spots' etc. so i get the main point.

The instance thing is good imo, there might be downsides to it (like no sudden meetings with unknown people that wandered into that dungeon as well) but the benefits make up for that.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:59 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah, the idea is that if you partake in quest X as group A, Group B can't come along and steal quest X from group A. If you get me.

Er... basically, group A pwn group B because group B suck.

I'm really looking forward to this game, we get to play it in the UK on April 15th Beta test weekend. I want to play it now.

My main problem is I have to come up with a second name for my charachter! nooooooooooooooooooooo

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol yeah same. i mean first name is obvious, Pevil! hehe. But I gotta find something really cool to go with it.

Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah the instance thing is good for many reasons, they put it in WoW as well. Nobody can swipe your kill/loot before your nose anymore. Or it must be someone of your own party of course :twisted:

Too bad there's only one race so far though.

~King of Thieves~

Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:27 am
King

Yea, we all be in the April 15th Beta weekend. If yall want to check out some Guild v Guild battle just holla at me.

Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:15 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next