It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Guild Wars 
Felix Rex

the graphics are really great. The environments are incredible. It's very heavy on monster killing and loot...the whacking level seems to me to be very close to diablo (monsters EVERYWHERE), but much more depth, especially later in the game. you can acquire a massive list of skills, but can only bring 8 with you when you venture out. Makes for a lot of skill-based strategy. When you're working in large groups later on, the interplay between different skill combinations across different professions adds significantly to the depth.

However, there are major problems.
1. No auction house. Thus, people are spamming to sell stuff EVERYWHERE. Also, for some reason, people want to accumulate huge stocks of cash. I don't know why, since there's not much to really do with it once you get the most advanced armor and runes. End result: tons of spam, and most people being more interested in farming than in actually playing the game.

2. dipshits. It takes forever to get a group of people actually wanting to do missions with you. When you do, it seems like there's always someone that goes AFK or quits soon after. If you leave the area into a town to pick up a replacement, everything is respawned when you launch a new instance. Which sucks.

3. Griefers. Some people are pricks. They'll just run around aggroing shit to get everyone killed. I don't understand why, but then again, why does anyone grief in any game?

4. When you're in an instance, you can't kick anyone. If you could kick em out of your group (and out of your instance) that would alleviate the whole dipshit/griefer problem.

anyway, most of the negatives are eliminated if you play with friends.

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

which is where the clankiller GW clan comes in i presume.

Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8