It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Steam 
Minor Diety

Post Steam
Perhaps you felt something strange some time before i posted this thread?

Perhaps you felt a shudder of fear of something but you know not what it is.

That, my friends, was my radiating fury energy pulsing over the globe.

Thats right, because today my friends, i installed Steam, and guess what? It doesnt work! Wahey!

Not only did i need to buy a new copy of HL, install all the bits a bobs, but now Steam sais that someone has already used my key! How if i got this game new just friday? I dont get it. I send them emails and used their troubleshoot site, but I have no replies as of yet.

If you need an example of a typical western bullshit collection of spotty morons that have no clue what theyre doing, just look at Valve.

Have a nice day.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:00 pm
Felix Rex

Welcome to the capitalist Pigs that are Valve and drink with horror the cup that runneth over with feces and fetuses. I hate counter strike, and so should you.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
King

HL sucks and so does CS. Play something interesting. Consider this your chance to "expand" into greener pastures.

Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:26 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

CS doesn't suck as such...but the fact that 95% of all players are suckers does drag it down quite a bit. But purely speaking in gameplay terms I don't like the Quake/UT type of mp much. Guess it's a question of personal taste.

And HL hardly sucks...you're just saying that cos you guys were in the army when it first came out ;)

- Coach

Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:42 pm
Minor Diety

Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:37 am
King

I just have Valve and Sierra.

Where do you have them? :lol:

Seriously though, I help run a lan gaming center and we have CS. I can..not.. STAND cs players. They are the biggest whineing little cock bites I have ever seen. All they do is complain, complain, complain. Every single one that comes into that store to play CS bitches and moans about this or that or this computer sucks or "If I had my mouse I would own". And they are all pricks. Unfortunatly thats the most played game in there even with new games like BF and Call of Duty. The reason most people still play that old outdated game is
#1 Their computer can still run it
#2 They played it for so long they are scared to start a new game in fear of getting owned all over again.

Sorry, I just dont like that game or the community. We had a CS tounry 1 time at the game center and the age group was from 14-45 and they all acted like 2 year olds. After that the owner and I vowed to never have a CS tourny again.

/end CS rant

Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:59 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Haha, that story sounds very recognizable. :) Is CoD really one of the top mp games? Weird. I should really hop in a gaming center more often. On the other hand, there's always some whino's who manage to explain every time they die as some sort of tactical plan. :roll:

I remember a mate of mine was playing BF, flying around in an airplane, and crashed on a guy he knew (clan member of his). The other guy would keep on saying that he did that on purpose, somehow (god knows how) braking and backing up in mid-air in order to hit my friend. Sure thing.

- Coach

Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:21 am
Felix Rex

heh. I prefer to play in the comfort of my own home. Good network connection, ready beer supply, and I can play naked. Find me a gaming center that allows that.

Oh, and CS players are bitches. :P

Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:40 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I hear ya about the beer and the nakedness. Too bad I have a leather (well, fake leather anyway) deskchair...only useable during the winter, when naked. :/

Gaming centers are good for some things tho..they are usually PACKED with radical nerds. Like, helpless, short, skinny, spotty nerds. Add to that the fact that there's a Magic trading/gaming room under the gaming center I used to frequent, and I think you get the picture. :) Makes me feel like a real bad-ass compared to them. :roll:

- Coach

Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:54 pm
Minor Diety

lol, I've never used a GS/LAN place. and reading all that made me realise why! but anyhoo, I too prefere to game in my own home. And sure I whine about it when I die, but generally it's just "GOD DAMNIT! FED UP OF DYING!" followed by inaudiable mumbling.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:22 am
Profile WWW
King

Well, I like playing at home too. Plus my wife would rather me play at home. What it comes down to is money. Not everyone has enough money to buy a big rig pc to play games like Doom3. Thats where the game center comes in. Also, sometimes you and your friend might wanna get together for a little lan action or team up and play something like SWG. Really, thats why my friend started the game center. Everytime we would have a lan party someones computer was broke, or couldnt connect to the lan, or didnt have the game, etc.

Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:40 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

yea, I hear you there. The few LAN parties I've been to were screwed up affairs, typically.

But, nowadays, everyone has broadband. :)

Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

True, too bad broadband still is pretty problematic for most long-distance gaming. :( Overseas, I mean. Could just be my experience tho.

- Coach

Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:35 pm
Stranger

Yeah, would need 10meg ul/dl to play normally in US servers.

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:51 am
Minor Diety

not at all 11b. They dont play it for that reason. They play it because its simply a great game. Admit it.

Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next