It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 5:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Why I hate SOE and SWG. 
King

Post Why I hate SOE and SWG.
Im going to start a running list of reason why for the 2nd time I have come to hate this game that I wish I could love. SOE has everyone by the balls because the game has Star Wars on the box. Ill keep this list up to date.

Death Watch Bunker Bug

In case you guys havent seen this yet, thought you might wanna know before ventureing out and trying to get the jetpack.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... .id=235554

Quote:
So...

We set out to get this jetpack like many others. We spend a LOT of time and cash in the Death Watch Bunker. Finally paydirt.

The Alum Minerals and Binary Liquid

Protective Liquid Coating

The Jetpack STABILIZER (Which we have had since the third day of the dungeon )

So we make our way down there. We get into the room with our DE. Can't use the Jetpack Crafting Terminal. You need a Master Artisan to use this terminal. Bah.

We exit, get our guild's master Artisan, and venture back down. We get to the bottom within 20 minutes, the DE opens the door, and the Artisan checks the Jetpack Crafting Droid.

He drops all the compoents onto the droid. Ducted Fan, Injector Tank, Fuel-Dispersion Unit, Alum Minerals, Jetpack Base, Jetpack Stabilizer.

Right here he finished dropping the last one, the Stabilizer.

So it says for him to use the terminal to craft it now. It also says he has 30 seconds left. At the exact same second he clicks on the terminal and it says he has 30 seconds on the timer...

...IT SAYS HE RAN OUT OF TIME.

WHAT IS THIS

So we get booted out of the room.

No jetpack.

No Components.

We are out millions of credits and countless hours.

We are PISSED.

We want an answer from a CSR Supervisor and/or Pex himself. This is OUTRAGOUS that the Development team bragged about the DWB and showed off the Jetpack and the process is BROKEN.

We are totally speechless. Several of our members might quit over this, as its a last straw for them in this game. I dont know what to say, I am so mad.

The CSR in chat has ignored us, so now we share this story of SOE's failure with you all.

I hope this gets the attention of the Devs/Mods..

Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:17 am
Profile ICQ YIM
King

Jump to Light speed will only have combat missions.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... 093#M39093

20. Will there be any non-combat related space activities, such as, for example, trading/courier missions or exploration missions? Are there any plans to expandJtL to include merchants or prospectors or any other play styles apart from 'combat monster'? ( Dynonychus )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not at this time, but in the future, there are many possibilities that we can explore.

AND

More information http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... 464&page=1

Quote:
As for gameplay, I thought the T/I handled more like a bomber from Wing Commander Prophecy than from any of the previous Star Wars flight sims. I’m sure they’ll balance that properly by the time the game comes out. My only real concern has to do with leading your targets while shooting.In the previous TIE/X-Wing games, you led your target, and your targeting reticule would turn green when you could hit your target. This took some skill to figure out when you needed to shoot. When I flew in JTL, there was an icon that flew in front of the ship. If you fired at the icon, you’d hit the ship. This essentially takes a lot of the need for actual skill out of the game. I hope they change this before its release.

What crap. JTL is supposed to be "twitch based". Haveing to shoot at a icon does not make it twitch based.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:21 am
Profile ICQ YIM
King

This is about the recent annoucement that the combat revamp that has been put on hold since 2003 will now basiclly get pushed back to 2005 because of JTL. This poster put together a list of lies thet dev have been giving the community.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... 887#M39887

Quote:
Still think its the worst idea and is a continued trend in misinformation. Refrencing a different post here I'm gonna post what has been said about the combat rebalance.

EDIT# This is not a slam on TH or any CSR type. Not their fault.

TH

12/8/03

There is content in the works, GCW stuff, the combat revamp...

TH 12/23/03

I know a bunch of this is in development, but it really is . The combat system is being rebalanced and going forward, its important to get your critical issues to klawlegna so we can act on it. The big bottleneck is communication and after the holidays, a lot of this will be ironed out and smoother.

Instead of "fixing this" and "tweaking" that and ending up with a wobbly 4 legged table because so many number are over-tweaked, we are just revamping the system, but that takes longer.

TH 12/23/03
The short answer is that these items will be taken care of in the weapons balance. Specials, weapon stratification and the like will all be accounted for
(what ever happened to the weapons balance????)

TH 12/23/03
I could, but everything is getting revamped. Id be more interested in hearing what you folks have to say on how you WANT it to stack since we are doing the combat balance.

TH 12/23/03
If its big, its coming in the revamp and the Combat Balance

TH 1/16/04 (does this one sound familar)
We are going to be revamping PvP, but in the meantime, we have to make some killer fixes to keep what is in live now, fun.

TH 1/23/04
The combat balance is near and dear to my heart as are all player issues. I just have to juggle time, manpower and scheduling as well. What I do is I keep track of all the issues, label them and sort them. That way when I go to Blair, JustG and Runesabre and say "players need this fixed", its based on how many players are being effected.

The combat balance alone is the single largest player issue. It encompases about 34% of the Correspondent issues and much of the pain combat players are having. Pikemen, carbineers, commando heavy weapons, the cost of specials, HAM costs, all of that will be better when the combat balance is done.

The thing to remember is that because the combat balance touches so many other systems in the game, its going to take a while. The team thats working on this is working very hard and thats the best I can offer.

TH 2/6/04 (holy cow...the combat revamp is mentioned INFRONT of the jedi revamp)
2. For PvP and Base battle folks, your time is coming. Once we get past the Combat Balance and the Jedi Revamp, the PvP balance is scheduled. Its a multi-publish update (roughly planned atm) where will consider battlefield possibilities, PvP upgrades and so on.

TH 1/28/04
There are lots of ideas for sure, but right now, the team is focused on the Combat balance, the GCW, the Jedi Revamp, Correspondent/CSR issues, the publish theme, getting the existing professions improved and the dungeons.

TH 1/19/04 (HAM revamp...assuming this is combat revamp)
The HAM revamp will address all of that. It will repair everyone's specials, it will solve the slow downs in combat and many other things. The challenge is that its a core game system and its going to take a bit because people from many different teams have to be involved.

TH 2/12/04 (ouch...when I first read this...I thought it might come back to haunt him)
One message that is load and clear is that the combat balance is very important and we all know it is. So that means we have to get the combat balance done and in and polished.

TH 2/13/04
For the most part, the combat balance is just coding atm

and this

There is much more to the combat balance. The biggest change you will see is in the way the HAM works. It will have more of a regen effect rather than a "diminishing returns" kind of effect. On top of this, defense stacking, specials and all of the combat "components" will be tweaked for more fun and challenging play

TH 1/21/04
No, the development for the combat balance is being done all along. The develpment time for things like this is longer than most players realize. The "In Concept" cycle for combat roles per se is so that if players have any really great ideas pertaining what defines a profession's combat role, it can be added.

Once the basic design is done and the combat balance moves to the In-Dev phase, things can be tweaked a bit, but no major additions can be included. I thought it was important to get players ideas on combat roles and the dev team agreed.

TH 2/13/04
I pushed very hard for the combat balance and the team agreed so basically they did the crackdown stuff and then did as much of the Combat Balance as possible. The combat balance items that were selected because they effected creatures so much. The first part of the combat balance was balancing the creature table

AND

I'll be preparing some Combat Balance stuff for next week that will help everyone get on the same page for going forward

TH 3/3/04
This is something Im checking to see if we can address in the weapon balance part of the larger combat balance, but I don't know what the answer might be. And in any event, concentrating on these minor things before the weapon balance isn't productive. We'll want to look at things when the combat balance is on TC

AND

Actually the game will be easier at the high end because the "invulnerable" templates will be fixed and all professions will be on a level playing field, but in any event, this is something we need to focus on after the HAM revamp goes to TC in Pub 8 and after the Combat Balance goes into effect (tentatively Pub 9 and holding...)

TH 4/12/04 (time for another meeting???)
We did have a meeting today and I fought hard to get the combat balance put back on the plate. By my reckoning, it represents about 35-40% of the player issues. Would you say thats a wrong direction? I'm always open to ideas that speak to the most players at any given time.

TH 3/2/04
As far as combat template stacking, this is all part of the combat balance. I mentioned early on that we'd be going through a painful period and this is it. Once the HAM revamp hits the system (keep your fingers cross, it should be in Publish 8) all of these changes will make more sense. It will change the way combat plays and the majority of the discussion points regarding combat will change. Many players are still seeing the way the system was or is, and not as it will be.

The core interaction of combat pools will still work the same, but the way it feels in combat will be different. Once it goes to TC, Im hoping to see all the combat experts get online and play it out so we can tweak it - - it will be a critical period. I know Im anxious to see it

********************************************************************************

TH 4/13/04

Atteke wrote:

Thunderheart could you guys put the combat balance on Test Centre in it's current condition like you did with the new HAM system in January? just so we can take a look at it.

-Thanks

Not really. Not for now anyway. You see, if we put it on Test Center, we'd have to push it out in Publish 9 with the the way the process works. Once a clump of code is integrated, "its in there". Thats where the sanbox that we've been talking about comes into play. This sandbox would be like a second Test Center, but configured in a way where it would be insulated from the live code and we would be able to push different versions out much easier without interfering with current process.

TH 4/19/04
Originally, the Combat Balance was delayed and I worked with the correspondents to get a list of "must haves" from the various profession communities. Since that time, I've have stressed the importance of the combat balance with the team and we are getting it back into the mix, though as you might guess, the schedule is pretty full. Because of logistics, its going to take a couple weeks of information gathering on the technical side before we have a plan to move forward on. We will see the CB soon though.

TH 4/19/04

We're in the planning stages now. I want to help set expectations as best I can. At this early stage, I would make the following comments:

- The biggest change in the CB that will be a "sensation", and by that I mean something that players will

change them after the CB gets published.

5/04

29/04
What will change is the mechanical balance - - especially with the HAM revamp portion of the CB

We can also further tweak the Smuggler’s combat role in the combat balance

The combat balance will bring elements of both to a Swordsman’s specials with the lions share of focus on re-tweaking the current specials to be more effective

These are two very important melee considerations for the combat balance

1 Answer to rule them all…

In closing, one thing that is very important to keep in mind is realistic expectations.The reality is that there are a huge number of player questions and answers that hang on the combat balance.What I don’t want to see happen is that because many questions revolve around a tight group of answers that the scope of the work gets expectations set so high that they are impossible to meet.We all have high hopes for the combat balance and the certainty that the Combat Balance is very, very important.We are putting a strong focus on special training and hardware to give the effort a leg up and will make this as cool as possible, but I wouldn’t look on it as a magic bullet, but more as an exciting change in direction.

TH 4/22/04 (OUCH OUCH)

Why is it going to take more than a year post-launch to make this happen?

It's not. We've been talking about things internally a lot. I've stressed the importance of these changes and everyone agrees. We've been going over the implementation details for a couple of weeks now so that we can get this back on track. JustG will be going into more detail in his next State of the Game letter which will be coming out in the next couple of days.

TH 6/3/04

This is definitely a topic we can discuss further in our upcoming Combat Balance focus threads.

...and this is another great example of something the correspondents and I will want community input on during the testing while the CB sandbox is up.

This is an early answer and is subject to change, but one of our goals for Commandos in the Combat Balance is to change the way Heavy Weapon modifiers work

...but we wont know until the Combat Balance sandbox is live).

When the Combat Balance begins (which will be soon), the correspondents and some players will be brought on to a special Combat Balance server

Lightsabers have been balanced against the system after the combat balance

The most important component to this is to keep giving good, solid feedback to your correspondent so I can bring these opinions to the development team while the CB sandbox is live.

You can look forward to sweeping changes in terms of functionality, speed, etc.But again, I stress, we talk about this topic a great deal in a conceptual form.The rubber is going to meet the road when we bring the correspondents and other players onto the Combat Balance Sandbox server

Again, absolutely.These changes are the types of things we want to address in the Combat Balance

Squad Leader

What is the SL revamp timeframe?. It's still going take place after the combat rebalance, correct?

Its going to be released in the same publish

To answer your question though, this is something we can, and will, talk about during the Combat balance

Yes, Black Sun Razor Knucklers will be back in the game after the combat balance

TH 6/14/04

Waste93 wrote:

How about some info on the combat revamp. There are lots of rumors floating around on this one. And since the answer to just about every question the combat professions ask is "wait for the rebalance" it would be helpful.

Once we get through the Jedi Revamp, I'll be posting lots of thread. We'll have a lot of focus threads and the like and after P9, I'll start making the weekly roundtable have a CB focus to cover specific issues.

TH 6/10/04
Weaponsmith
Are stun weapons going to see a major rebalance within the future?

Yes. Stun weapons (particularly stun batons) were never intended to be "the weapon" that everyone wants because it is the most effective. SWG’s weapons were always supposed to have a variety of useful and efficient weapons available, but here again, with all the tweaks and changes over the last 8+ months have caused a series of imbalances. This is definitely something that will be looked at during the combat balance.

96)?96:this.scrollHeight)"

TH 7/15/04: I will be immediately working with the correspondents and the community to develop a list of pre-combat balance fixes
Gary Gattis's State of the Game Letter (around pub 8!): We are cranking on the Combat Balance, and we think development on it will span 2 more publishes.
So...which is it? Were we lied too? mislead? or ???

Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:28 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:40 am
King

Star Wars Galaxies and Sony Online Entertainment. You wouldnt understand unless you play the game.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:01 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

Are there any people here that play that game/use that something?
It would be a waste of time and sweat if nobody would understand what you're talking about.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:13 am
Minor Diety

Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:58 pm
King

Yea Statis on someone else. And this is for anyone whos thinking about playing any SOE title in the future.

Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:36 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Count

oh my god I am so addicted to the game poor Satis barely even gets any attention anymore... love it.... lol maybe you just have to be a chick to like the game...lol alll the free stuff, attention, I'm like a whore...lol

Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:48 pm
King

This is a new one. Seriously, what other game inn MMORPG history has ever had to do a character purge? DAOC has been in operation since 2001 and they have never had to purge inative characters. Another sign of crappy code with a crappy game.

O and BTW, that means, if you bought something from another player IE house, cloths, weapons,armor, that will be deleted too.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... 994#M20994

[quote]In mid-October, we will be doing a “character purgeâ€

Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:29 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Felix Rex

How do you know the character purge will kill items the character sold? Wouldn't it be reassinged to the current owner and not nixed? My guess is the 'created by' section may blank or do something else, but I would think they'd work around item deletion.

Anyway, yes, there are certainly issues with the game. PvP combat pretty much sucks. But I'm not playing the game for that. I just wish they'd fix some of the POIs and NPC missions.

Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
King

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... 565#M23565

LOL. This is SO freakin sad. Last night, DAOC has 3 server with over 2000 people in it and 1 server with 3000. No lag here... And this is the first time we have every got a head count on the number of people logged into a server. For some reason they dont like you to know how many people are on a server. LOL This is so funny! They got the most testers EVER and you couldnt test because of the lag. BAHAHAHAHAHHA. HELLO SHITTY CODE!

Quote:
... today was a benchmark in SWG testing history: TC2 reached a population of 2200, several times our previous max. approximately 1/2 of those people were on Dathomir o.OIf you were there, you know that testing was not possible because of the lag

Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:43 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Stranger

hmmm, Eve has about 5k ppl online around the clock, only occasional lag spikes, nothing serious.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:36 am
King

LMAO Now this is a funny. SWG is a MASSIVE multiplayer online RPG right? Read their new policy. These guys are complete MORONS! No other MMORPG in history has had to do this nonsense.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... e.id=28587

Quote:
Mass Gatherings Policy

Occasionally in Star Wars Galaxies, players gather together in game for large-scale events such as parties, weddings or protests. With mass gatherings of any type, we restrict the number of players gathering in any one area to maintain the stability of the service.

Mass gatherings of players in a concentrated area are problematic due to the underlying technology shared by all massively multiplayer games. First and foremost, the technology of Star Wars Galaxies does not allow for hundreds of players to gather in a single area of the world without interfering with the play experience of all players in that area and potentially disrupting the operation of the entire game world.

Large-scale gatherings that harm the experience of other players are a violation of the game’s terms of service (TOS). If a large-scale gathering occurs and a Customer Service Representative (CSR) requests that you leave the area, please do so immediately. Failure to follow the requests of CSRs is also a violation of the TOS. Any violation of the TOS can result in sanctions on your account, including suspension of play privileges and/or cancellation of the account.

We value our all of our customer's feedback and opinions, but such feedback needs to presented in a way that doesn't interfere with your fellow players’ game experience or the operation of the service. Your feedback is most effective when it is constructive and routed to the appropriate channel of communication.

Proper Communication Channels

1) Our community forums are the most appropriate place to give us feedback on policies, game issues and other general feedback to the team http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/ We look forward to hearing from you and please remember our Usage Guidelines and Community Policies when posting.

Usage Guidelines

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/boar ... age.id=210

Community Policies

http://www.station.sony.com/en/services ... edures.jsp

2) For customer service issues directly affecting your account, contacting us through email at swgsupport@soe.sony.com is appropriate.

3) For technical support or other issues which prevent you from playing the game, please contact technical support at 858-790-STAR or through our live web chat located at http://www.station.sony.com/en/instantchat.jsp. Our phone hours are 9am-1:30pm and 3:30pm-6pm Monday through Friday, and Live chat hours are 9am-6pm Monday through Friday.

4) Another way to report issues to us, is with the /bug command. In the spatial chat window, simply type /bug and it will pull up a reporting window with several drop-down menus to help focus the report so we can best respond to the information you submit.

5) Also anytime you need technical or game help on a question, please use our knowledge base located at www.station.sony.com/kb

Thank you.

Kurt "Thunderheart" Stangl
Community Relations Manager

SOE taking the "massive" out of MMORPG.

This says 2 things:
A There server stablility sucks ass
B In game protest are a big problem for them

Forget large scale pvp battles
Forget in game weddings
Forget heavly populate PVE areas
Forget any kinda of good player event.
Or you will be booted!