It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Looking ahead 
Minor Diety

Post Looking ahead
Thought I'd give an update on some games from the E3 i'm looking out for. :)

LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth

they worked together with the main dude from Tron :D

Pariah

Armies of Exigo

looks like a starcraft deluxe

The Witcher

always loved scary games

You are empty!

looks totally wicked...in both senses of the word

Vampire: the masquerade, bloodlines

slight problem: it uses the HL2 source engine, so it can contractually only be released after HL2, and who knows how long that'll take. Gives them time to tune things out even better i suppose.

The movies

looks like good fun..Molyneux quality, a la dungeon keeper
World of warcraft

[url=http://www.blizzard.com/wow/]World of warcraft
[/url]

I'm not a big MMORPG fan (can't afford monthly subscriptions) but this looks great.

Of course there's also HL2, Doom3, GTA San Andreas and STALKER. But everybody knows those already. :)

Anyone else has things they're looking forward too, gameswise?[/url]

- Coach

Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:05 pm
Minor Diety

Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:11 pm
Minor Diety

I read some new rumors about BG3 and NWN2, without Bioware probably. But i'm not counting on it.

~King of Thieves~

Last edited by J on Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:19 pm
Minor Diety

You forgot ROME TOTAL WAR!

Yes and no...I have a feeling that Rome: Total War will be greatly overshadowed by Battle for Middle Earth. It's looking fantastic, uses the 3d models and voices from the movie and is developped by the team behind Red Alert 2 and C&C generals, which were more or less the RTS games with the best gameplay in the last few years. You seen the E3 demo of Battle for middle earth? If not i'll link ya.

- Coach

Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:34 pm
Minor Diety

I read some new rumors about BG3 and NWN2, without Bioware probably. But i'm not counting on it.

Impossible, Bioware is fed up with Wizards of the Coast.
Bioware is now working on Dragon Age, a RPG with full party controll like BG(II), and 3D like NWN (but with their own IP), so they say it's the "spiritual" succesor of both.
And that fits quite well with parts of your rumour. ;)

Tue Jul 20, 2004 2:18 am
Minor Diety

Bioware won`t be involved indeed, and Dragon Age could be considered as succesor although i believe it doesn`t follow AD&D rules anymore. What i meant was this link: http://home.comcast.net/~stesergio/pcgamer.html

And also:

"April 05, 2004 - Over the weekend we reported that an Atari PR representative had posted on official forums that Baldur's Gate III and Neverwinter Nights II are in the works.

Well, now that we're into the working week, we've had a chance to check with that very same Atari PR rep, Brandon Smith, as to just what's going on. As it stands right now, neither title has been officially announced. Rather, the point of his post was to say that Atari owns the rights to both of these franchises (and all new Dungeons & Dragons videogames for that matter), and has no intention to abandon either of them. In other words, even if Baldur's Gate III is not in active development right now, Atari has every intention of producing another Baldur's Gate title for the PC. Further, they know very well that another BG title has big shoes to fill, given the glowing reception that the first two games received from both critics and players. Atari wants to do right by the series.

"Can we say that either Baldur's Gate III or Neverwinter Nights II are definitely, officially coming? Not at this time. But Atari knows very well the value of both franchises, and intends to release further PC titles for both. As for possible developers, it looks like much-loved BioWare is not a given for either (possible) title, though whether BioWare ends up being involved or not, Atari also assured us that new Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights titles would get the attention of a top-level developer.

While none of this is the solid announcement we want for either game, it's reassuring news for fans of the franchises, and for PC RPG titles in general. Look for more updates just as soon as we get them."

-- David Adams

So it`s not in development, but there is still hope.

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:07 am
Minor Diety

I thought Interplay owned the BG rights? Or maybe they sold it to get some money for their creditors. :P
I don't really like this news though, there have been various games with the name Baldur's Gate apart from the BG 1 & 2 and they were all crap with only the name Baldur's Gate stamped on it to sell more copies, I beleive that at some point there was even a BG for the GBA announced. :roll:
And the people at Atari are a bunch of fools anyway. :P
BUT, we'll see.

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:20 am
Minor Diety

Atari owns the electronic publishing rights to D&D now. They own the PC Baldur's Gate name, but not the console Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance name (Interplay owns that). Interplay also owns the Planescape name, but Planescape no longer exists so its worthless. Basically, if a D&D game is going to come out on PC, Atari is the one that will publish it (until their contract with Wizards of the Coast ends, of course).

~King of Thieves~

Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:32 am
Minor Diety

I disagree with you greatly Rinox. I think that the huge Total War fan-base is more valuable than the one for Middle Earth. As for RTS games quality, we all know Total War reigns king here. I think Rome Total war will be a top game. After all it was voted the best game at E3 beating Halflife 2!

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:04 am
Minor Diety

Got a point there...we'll have to wait and see, aye. Total war series might be the best in pure RTS quality, but i've still to encounter an RTS that challenges RA2 (and even old reliable starcraft) in gameplay fun. :) Mind you, i never said Rome:total war will suck, on the contrary.

On another note, the total war fanbase is, roughly judged, 1000 times smaller than the LOTR fanbase, so that might influence the selling rates strongly. But selling rates aren't necessarily a good indication of quality, obviously.

- Coach

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:26 pm
Minor Diety

Well there is no point in comparing the ENTIRE lotr fanbase to that of TW. Of course its bigger. But the lotr strategy video game fanase is probably smaller and of less quality.

Oh yes, starcraft. Thats pretty shit-hot. Perhaps there might be Starcraft 2?

Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:33 am
Minor Diety

Iirc, there IS gonna be a starcraft 2. They've been working on it for a long time and are sparse with information. I'll have a look around for info, tho i'm not 140% sure. :)

- Coach

Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:32 am
Minor Diety

Is that the Starcraft sorta shooter for PS2? I believe there was something like that, and if that's true, I'm sure it's more like Starcrap. ;)

Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:40 am
Minor Diety

NO ARATHORN! ITS NOT! YOU FUCKING RETARD CAN YOU GET ANYTHING RIGHT? YOU MAKE ME SO MAD I WANT TO FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!!

Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:30 pm
Minor Diety

Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next