It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Freelancer 
Super Moderator

Post Freelancer
I played this game in EB yesterday for an hour, then decided to buy it. It's proven to be great so far, but the combat system is a little difficult.

Has anyone else got this?

Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:39 pm
Stranger

Been there, done that, game over, NNEEEEXXXT :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Apr 21, 2003 2:54 pm
Felix Rex

yea, I played it, beat it, retired it. :) Just hit the space bar when you go into combat... I think that's it. It makes your ship follow your mouse, makes combat alot easier.

Tue Apr 22, 2003 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

Jeez you guys. It's not that short, is it?

And I hate the other combat mode. I go all wonky, and it's fairly difficult to hit the enemy.

Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:20 pm
Felix Rex

And no, the game's not all that short. I was seriously addicted for awhile. By the way, make alot of money before you start doing the storyline... I mean, you can do some of it, but at one point you're pretty much stuck with what you've got. I got dangerously close to running out of cash for shield batteries toward the end there.

It really is quite a fun game. Transit times are a bit long, even with the trade lanes. Especially if you pissed off pirates and they keep hacking your lane. Still, quite a fun game. I still have it installed, actually, and planned on continueing to explore and buy newer and better equipment. I just kinda never went back. :?

Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

Hehe, it's great fun. Being away, I just continued my game, and completed the Ashcroft mission (yay, a defender for me!).

Fri Apr 25, 2003 11:19 pm
Stranger

Yep Satis has a point there. I made myself about 120000 with the best available craft and then continued with storyline.

It took me 2 days to complete the game, friday i started Saturday evening i completed the last mission after 20 attempts.

It's not my fault that i have no lectures on Friday. :D

PS! look for large battleships you can dock with, you get to buy them Heavy fighters there.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:30 am
Super Moderator

Yea, I've got myself a defender with a lavablade turret, 2 justice MK3s, 1 Drail, and a Javelin missile launcher (I looted the drail and javelin missiles), with a heavy thruster (almost permanent afterburner :D ), an advanced Hvy Fighter shield, and a countermeasure dropper. The hardest mission I've done so far was in the colorado system, where I was supposed to capture a leader (Chuck something) of the Xenos. That was really difficult, as there were about 10 xenos fighters (only starfliers thankfully) all on my tail while I went after the leader. :x I got him eventually though.

Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:50 pm
Felix Rex

hehe... I want to start smuggling, if and when I go back. Probably in the Manhatten system (or is that the planet name?). There's a rebel base hiding near the jump gate to (I believe) the Texas system. It's off in the debris field, going northwest on the starmap. Of course, they'll just try to kill you unless you kill alot of police or something first. :)

Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]