It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
XIII screenies 
Minor Diety

Time for an uypgrade man. :) Anyways, thief 3 is nice yeah, even tho some things "bug" me; like that guards don't react to your shadow if you sneak up on them. Lvl in the ship with undead was freaky shit. I can still hear them panting and whispering. :/

- Coach

Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:31 pm
Minor Diety

cant really upgrade a laptop. Ah well, live and learn...Never buy a laptop.

Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:52 am
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Time for an uypgrade man. :) Anyways, thief 3 is nice yeah, even tho some things "bug" me; like that guards don't react to your shadow if you sneak up on them. Lvl in the ship with undead was freaky shit. I can still hear them panting and whispering. :/

is it worth buying though? my upgrade is a go-go, apart from far cry i want some real up to date games

Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:38 pm
Felix Rex

dude, I've had nothing test my box the way thief 3 is. Very pretty graphics... textures are pretty good, character models are impressive, and some serious real-time lighting. Really good real-time lighting, in fact.

As far as gameplay... it's not bad. Could be better, IMO, but it's not horrible. It's alot of fun to sneak around and stick a dagger in people's necks. I love the way they flail around and scream right after you stick them. :twisted: Plus it's great fun to just be evil and kill everyone. Sometimes I'll get irritated iwth a level (or just the game in general, or something else) and I'll sneak around a level shooting everyone in the face with arrows, then stacking their bodies up somewhere.

I remember this one level where I knocked virtually everyone out with my beanbag. There was this fire thing, and I just carried them all over to it and threw them on it. They'd scream and die. MUHAHAHAHA :twisted:

Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol...was at a mate yesterday, and he was being involuntarily sadist, kinda. He knocked a bastard out and carried his body to the elevator "cage" cos it was dark, but accidentally threw him down the elevator shaft. Now, he sneaks around in the home (think it was the widow's mansion) and does what he has to do, totally forgets about the guy and takes the elevator back down. But just as he's about to touch the floor we hear an "UUUGGH" and the elevator goes back up, apparently the guy wasn't completely dead yet and was smashed to pulp by it. :roll: Or split in two, to be more precise, cos if he picked the body up after that he would only carry his torso around. Good fun. :)

Climbing gloves rock btw. :D Thief didn't totally test my machine, or at least it didn't feel like it. But ofcoruse, i'm not working all the fancy gfx effects anyhoo. Mayeb it's a gfx card thing...you an Ati or Nvidia man Satis? And post the specs of your post-upgrade machine BJ, i'd love to know them.

- Coach

Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:56 pm
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
It's alot of fun to sneak around and stick a dagger in people's necks. I love the way they flail around and scream right after you stick them. :twisted:

I remember this one level where I knocked virtually everyone out with my beanbag. There was this fire thing, and I just carried them all over to it and threw them on it. They'd scream and die. MUHAHAHAHA :twisted:

Satis: LMAO!!!!!! thats some twisted shit but it appeals to my rather wrong sense of humour :D :D

the game sounds real cool. i'm not much of a stealther so NOT just going in screaming and shooting shit up may be difficult :roll: worth a go though

Ox: first piece due to arrive today, sapphire ati x800 pro. i'll keep you updated as the next bits are ordered in the next week or so :) the only other interesting bits are its gonna be an AMD 64 3200, 1 Gig of ram, 160G HD, blah...REALLY can't wait to see far cry on that spec

Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:38 am
Felix Rex

lol...sounds good BJ. Makes me wanna upgrade. :P btw, I am an NVidia man. heh

That's pretty great...I've never tried smashing someone with an elevator. I do toss them off of balconies and stuff. It's kinda fun having some guard below you freak out when you throw a body at him. I also like the way arrows stick in wood. Some guy can be taking potshots at you, and as long as he keeps missing and hitting wood, you can collect arrows.

It sucks how expensive everything is, though. I mean, like 100 gold for a single freakin normal arrow? Seems a bit excessive.

Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2