It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
kotor2 
Emperor

Location: Under my wife AND son's thumbs.. in essex! chavs! everywhere!!
Post kotor2
going to be even better than the first. can't wait.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/kotor2 ... 95371.html

Thu May 27, 2004 3:45 pm
Minor Diety

I wonder why it's not done by Bioware, they guys at Lucas Arts can't say they did a poor job...
So it can't become better then Dragon Age.

Thu May 27, 2004 4:08 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, I can't wait for the next KOTOR either. Dunno why Bioware isn't doing it, but the people that are did stuff like BG and Icewind Dale and whatnot.. so, it's Monolith in a new name. Kick Bioware's bitch ass. :)

Thu May 27, 2004 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Still gotta play Kotor, lying around here somewhere. It can't be better than Morrowind tho, but i'd better play the first one before the second one comes out. :/ I need more time, screw reality.

- Coach

Sun May 30, 2004 6:05 pm
Felix Rex

Morrowind and KOTOR are different. Morrowind is FPS-RPG, KOTOR is RPG in 3d. You don't really directly control people in KOTOR, it's more like BG in that sense. Anyway, blah.

Sun May 30, 2004 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah, i know they are different, i just figured that it can't be cooler than Morrowind. :) or maybe you meant that they're both cool, in a different way, heh.

In any case, here's a pic of me looking sexy in my Imperial Legionnaire uniform. :D

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Mon May 31, 2004 7:37 pm
Felix Rex

welp, you sure don't look very dwarvish to me. :)

I like both, yes, though I've probably played more Morrowind overall. I wasn't too impressed with Tribunal, but let me know how bloodmoon is.

Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Will do...good thing bloodmoon is more of a "specific" add-on, Tribunal apparently blends in too well with Morrowind, so I would have a hard time telling which is specifically tribunal/morrowind. :) Got a few mates who are also playing morrowind without the expansion packs (so far) and they're like "Wtf? attacked by a Dark Brotherhood assassin?" which seems to be a Tribunal-specific thing. :) I'm aware that this is a rant, but too lazy to make a proper English sentence.

And I'm not a dwarf no. :roll: I considered using a dwarf-race plugin but that would a)pose roleplaying problems (no specific race reactions in-game) and b)storyline problems (disappearance of the Dwemer/dwarves). So I went Redguard instead, custom class. Maybe i'll post my primary/secondary skills in a bit.

- Coach

Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:22 am
Felix Rex

yay. :) Don't forget all the official plugins (like the Fire fort thing, whatever's it's called).

IMO Morrowind has a severe balance problem. It's hard as hell in the early levels, and takes forever to freakin level, but once you get to around like 10-15, it become easy, and you level constantly.

IMO instead of making a skill go up after you've done it successfully so many times, they should've made it so it's based on how many times you've done it period, and just make the number significantly higher.

Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Mm, I actually forgot the official plugins, if they weren't included in the patches. :/ Gives me somehting to do I guess.

You're right about the balance problem. It's almost impossible to raise a weapon skill from 5% on, for example, cos you never hit shit and die too easy while you're desperately trying to get a blow in. (same thing on lower lvls with other skill like you said) And once you're over 60 you lvl like crazy. Ah well, they'll prolly take it in account in Morrowind's predecessor.(is that a word?) In Daggerfall (part of the elder scrolls series, one of my alltime fav games too) there was suprisingly less of a balance problem. Maybe they balanced everthing out better in Bloodmoon. ;) hehe.

I myself didn't have much troubles anywhere in the game btw, not even at low lvl cos I had humungous starting endurance and a pretty advanced weapon skill from the start on. But for a magic- or stealthbased char it must be horrendously hard. :) To give you an idea: I cleared Daedra shrines and whacked Dremora lords at lvl 10-11. Without too many lucky breaks :/

Anyways, I've only just joined the blades. Wanted to explore Morrowind a bit first and gain strength.(which might have worked too well btw, I'm lvl 16 atm) had a lot of skirmishes with wild animals, joined a few guilds, stumbled upon quite a few nice places during my wanderings, mainly through the ashlands. Even a vampire nest, heh. They're pretty rare in morrowind, so that's cool. Joined a few guild too of course. Fighters guild, Mages guild, Imperial legion and currently looking to join the Morag Tong. :D

rough stats:

->redguard, lvl 16. Custom class. Charismatic fighter, dabbler in te more practical magical schools mysticism and alteration (soul trap, recall, levitate, open locks, etc.)
->Lady's grace as birthsign
->primary skills: Long blade, speechcraft, heavy armor, block, mysticism
->secondary skills: alteration, mercantile, medium armor, enchant, blunt weapon.
->ability focus: endurance, strength, personality. To a lesser degree willpower.

That's about it. HP is around 220 atm. What was your character like btw? If you can remember more or less.

- Coach

Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:34 pm
Felix Rex

ermmmm...main skill was longsword, alot of destruction and restoration, lockpick of course. By the time I beat Tribunal I was good at virtually everything. :P I always get 100 acrobatics (jump everywhere, especially up hillls) and longsword.

blech..anyway...oh...you said predecessor. That's before (ie, Daggerfall). I think you meant to say successor. :)

Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]