It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Far Cry screens 
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Thu May 20, 2004 11:40 am
Minor Diety

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Coach

Thu May 20, 2004 11:47 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Thu May 20, 2004 11:52 am
Felix Rex

My turn.

Thu May 20, 2004 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Thu May 20, 2004 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

LOL@ the trapped machine gunner...I wouldn't wanna be in your custody, hehe. Seems like you enjoyed maiming our friend there a bit too much. :) I see that you've chosen to carry the machete as well, after the clip with the guy messing up those two guys good i took it along as basic weaponry. Running around with M16, Shotgun, rocket launcher and machete atm.

The "human" carpet screenshot is a pretty cool place eh, you'll have recognized it on my screens. I noticed one thing on both our screenshots: the guys with the assault shields are always shot in the face, hehe. They're such bastards. :/ With a shotgun you can blow their shield away for a sec and pump them full of lead, but mine was almost empty so i had to take a few with my rifle, which is a tough job. :/

Anyways, nice shots. I gotta go practice my face-shooting. Veteran mode is tough. :o I forgot if i have tried to pick up a shield or not...would be cool if you could.

- Coach

Thu May 20, 2004 2:35 pm
Felix Rex

Yea, can't pick up a shield, unfortuanetly. :/ hehe...faceshots rule! I'm playing on normal now... going for an easy, exploring kinda thing. Right now I'm carring the MP5 (awesome for headshots without alerting people) Car-15, machette and sniper rifle. Maybe I should ditch something for the rocket launcher... I never really carried that around much. Would be interesting in indoor places with alot of baddies.

Thu May 20, 2004 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

it is...there were a lot of places packed with elite soldiers so far where I used the rocket launcher to make a bit of breathing space for myself. :) MP5 does have a kinda wimpy power eh? It's silence is cool pretty nice tho yeah.

I'm actually thinking of givingh up on SP Far Cry for the moment, because it gets very, VERY frustratingly hard at this point on veteran...huge, shady room full of elite soldiers (and i mean like 15), with a sniper and a rocket launcher guy standing on a raised plateau. :/ If that isn't enough I'm also running low on ammo...no rocket launcher ammo, only 15 shotgun shells left and a good 3 clips of M4 ammo. And 5 sniper, but that's relatively useless as long as i don't frag all the foot soldiers. They shoot so fast and aim so good that i'd have to make an immedeate face shot on all 15 of them which is kinda...impossible. lol. I guess i'll just try the good old "running past everything" tactic then. Or just uninstall and start another game, as much as i love Far Cry. :)

P.S. I'm playing with "cold" rendering mode btw...looks pretty awesome. Strangely enough most awesome indoor.

Some screenshots from a while ago here

- Coach

Last edited by Rinox on Sun May 23, 2004 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun May 23, 2004 4:30 pm
Minor Diety

For the record, assrape monkeys still scare me more than anything else in this game...the other trigens aren't half as scary imo. Nothing to do with this screen tho.

- Coach

Sun May 23, 2004 4:41 pm
Felix Rex

Yea...to be honest, I'm getting kinda bored. I'm thinking of playing something else. I like the guys in the hazmat suits too, though. Caught this guy with the MP5... he thought he was smart. I kinda wonder what he looks like under the mask. :twisted:

Sun May 23, 2004 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Faceless, I assume. :) And it's come this far, I've uninstalled Far Cry, for the time being. I was SO frustrated at one part that i did it all in a blind rage. :/ Thinking of playing Morrowind+Tribunal+Bloodmoon now...plus get the dwarven race-plugin and build myself an underground lair with the mod tools. Should be cool. :)

Anyway, I thought about what it is that makes Far Cry so not-fun after a while, and it's the savepoint system, 100% certain. So many hard parts would be much, much less frustrating if i could save when i wanted. And it's not like FC is a short game either, so I don't know why they used this save-system from hell. :(

Hoping you can come up with some more cool screen tho. hehe.

- Coach

Mon May 24, 2004 7:49 pm
King

Im playing FarCry too right now. Friend let me borrow it. The save game thing sucks. The first few levels where boreing and its getting more interesting. Doesnt beat Call of Duty Single player though.

Tue May 25, 2004 5:33 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

True, but CoD was INTENSE. :) Have fun with FC tho...gonna get a whole lot tougher soon, ask Satis. :) What difficulty you playing on? And what render mode?

- Coach

Tue May 25, 2004 6:31 pm
King

I think veteran? And default render mode.

Wed May 26, 2004 10:18 am
Profile ICQ YIM
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6