It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow 
Minor Diety

Post Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Any of you played it? I think ox has, and completed it.

I think it's an awesome game, the graphics are amazing. Apart from the fact they've most likely used the old X-files trick of lowering light levels to hide the bad effects.

The enemies AI seems somewhat different from in the first SC though. Not sure how.

I'm in the level where you plant the Explosives on the plain for those who have it. Tried to keep it simple for those that don't have it so that i dont spoil it for anyone intending to buy it or who haven't got to that point yet.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:34 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

As usual i'm lightyears behind and i still have to finish the first Splinter Cell, haven't played it for a few months though.

But if it's really that good i might buy it in the far future, or try to convince my brother to buy it, or maybe try to convince my brother to borrow it from a friend and then take it away from him muhahaha. As long as it doesn't cost me much money.

On a side note: i started to play final fantasy 9 (on playstation) some time ago and now i just finished it. I'm not a big fan of ff-series, but it can be entertaining at times.

Mm, now i feel like completing splinter cell, hope i still remember how the controls work.

~King of Thieves~

Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:55 am
Minor Diety

FF 9 came in a close second, nearly as good as 7.

The first splinter cell was way harder than this one. The added advantage of whistling in the new one makes things easier. Plus if you are in "perfect dark" you actually are invisble. Stupid guards just wonder on by only to be Clobbered by the almighty hand of sam fisher.

I think the only problem with the graphics, is if the light source if far awaat from the wall, you get the odd part where the shape off the shadow gets really bad and blocky. Most the time its perfect though.

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:51 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

FF is gay, that's all i'm gonna say about it. :)

SC: Pandora Tomorrow is idd one of the better games i played in a long time. It was a bit too easy, like Mole said, and a bit too short on the whole. But that might just be cause i'm used to play friggin' long games like BG. And the easy-thing is mostly because of the whistling, yep.

I was mostly disappointed by the final "showdown", which wasn't anything NEAR SC1 in terms of difficulty. Even my mom would have won that after a day practice. Bleh. But, a great, great, great game, nonetheless. Good warm-up for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. . ;)

Btw, major difference was the use of Sam's ability to knock people out...i used that like, twice, in SC1, and hundreds of times in pandora tomorrow. Made things a lot easier, instead of having to grab ppl from behind. That sounded wrong. :/

Sam Fischer is cool. And the train mission rocked, same for the Jerusalem sneaking, but Pev told me you hated that Mole, lol. Why's that? it was pretty neat

- Coach

Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:33 am
Minor Diety

In SC1 you could knock people out. Just press the R trigger whilst near enough to them.

And I liked the sneaking about in Jerusalem, i just got annoyed at a couple of points. One point where i did one thing, and got passed them no probs, and did something dumber later on, and then did the same thing again but for some reason they spotted me this time. (asses) and one part was that i wasn't sure which way "Over There" was when that woman says "There's a way up over there some where" so that you can get on the roofs. Took me a while to find it. Though I thought sneaking through the Apartment was awesome (that was one place where you could see the graphics problems with the shadows though) I wondered what the text on the telly was saying, most of it seemed to be "special thanks too - " but with a Load of Jewish in.

The train mision i think was the best so far, purely because of the little things in it that aren't essential to the mission, such as hanging on the outside of the train whilst another speeds by. Awesome.

Rock Band [35%]

Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just finished Splinter Cell, maybe onto Pandora tomorrow now?

Btw is there any difference if you play on normal or hard, apart from enemies being more cautious? Since i see ox talking about a final showdown, i had the feeling there was none. Was waiting for a spectacular/difficult thing.

Most difficulties in the game i encountered were finding rainpipes and other stuff i needed to climb btw, of course i needed to retry like a zilion of times, but sometimes i didn't find it very obvious where i had to go to.

Mole, you mean you can just sneak up people and then knock them out, without grabbing them? Mm, didn't know that. In the first parts of the game i often tried to knock them out. But after a while i noticed it is much much easier to just shoot them in the head from a distance. :D

The whistling sounds easy indeed, i often used the diversion cameras to lure them and then just shoot them if they're standing next to it. So if you can whistle yourself it only makes things easier prolly.

Damn forgot my oven is on .. better run to see if nothing has caught fire.

*edit: nothing burned or turned black*
*another edit: just noticed you can download the SC:PT demo, it's the complete paris-to-nice-trainmission or something*

good job on the update btw satis :bow:

Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:25 am
Minor Diety

i'd advise you to play SC yeah, it's taken the best parts of SC1 and made them better. And the briefing animations have been severly improved, too.

When i say "endfight" i meant the part in the stables where you gotta protect the hostages from 5-6 enemies running in. Even with the machine guns adapted (and shooting them) it was pretty hard. :/

Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:30 am
Minor Diety

Ah yes the stable-thingie, that was nice indeed, had hoped for another battle like that in the end, where those supposed "elite-troups" would come bashing in. Other than making a different sound when shot in the head i didn't notice much difference between those normal and elite soldiers. :P

Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:48 am
Minor Diety

lol, there were different sounds? :o *feels cheated*

Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:52 am
Minor Diety

Yeah i think so, the elite soldiers were always moaning much harder when falling down. Or maybe that was just my impression. Keep in mind i played it on playstation btw, don't know if the game was entirely the same on pc.

Taking care of Nikoladze was a let-down as well imo, suddenly they say: this is you chance, kill him. You look up, aim, and you kill him. Had expected something more spectacular, or at least he could have been a moving target. Shoot him JFK-style for example.

Oh Fatclub on Vitaya now, always nice to watch :demon:

Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:01 am
Minor Diety

On my version, the turret guns just would not fire at the enemies which is gay to hell and back, because it was a damned hard fight. I just had to do a load of carefull positioning to make sure i could pop each and every one of them as they came in the door with a shot to the head.

And yeah, all you have to do is walk up behind them and press R trigger(dunno what it is on the pc - fire) and you twat them round the head. If they see you they only get stunned though, and you have to hit them again, where as if you are undetected by them, they just fall to the floor swift and nice, and you are left a ghost :D

I noticed that lambert's voice is different in the new splinter cell, which is really gay, i liked the old lambert, this one isn't as sarcastic (though he does have his moments)

I think one of the best moments in splinter cell: pandora tomroow that i have come accross so far is this

Lambert "He didn't need to die"
SF : (not sure on this) "No, but there was nothing i could do"
Lambert "Yeah, but you didn't have to kill him" (which btw i didn't)
SF "Alright then, I won't kill him next time"

And i didn't kill him, he got caught up in an enemie blast. I spoke to him untill i had 10 seconds left to get out, and he wouldn't shift so i left him there.

Rock Band [35%]

Thu Apr 22, 2004 5:39 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

and you twat them round the head

WTF? How the hell do you 'twat' someone round the head?

Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:33 am
Profile WWW
Duke

Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:00 am
Profile YIM WWW
Duke

OMG, damn euros actually use twat that way...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twat&f=1

Thu Apr 22, 2004 9:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
Minor Diety

ROFL, i only knew the euro-version, learned something new today

And it appears to be right what you're saying mole, funny how you find basic stuff out AFTER you complete the game. It does make things easier.

~King of Thieves~

Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next