It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
C&C Generals 
Super Moderator

Post C&C Generals
Does anyone have it? I think Arathorn has mentioned it, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, I bought this yesterday, but I really suck at being the GLA (in skirmishes).

As the GLA, how on earth do you beat the US/China. They're so ... weak...

Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:01 pm
Minor Diety

Better question: how can you ever beat the USA? Not in skirmish, the US has loads of overpowered uberweapons and China and the GLA have only one, and very wack.

I haven't really played GLA, I've completed the game with the USA and almost with China.

Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:04 pm
Super Moderator

I've done the US Campaign (almost) on normal difficulty, and got rather annoyed at the hordes of stingers which frustrated my horde (yes, horde) of Commanches. So I tried GLA and got nailed. :(

Heh, I took a screenshot of me wiping out the "Rogue Chinese General" in the 2nd to last mission of the US Campaign (I think it is at least), but then my computer stuffed up during the loading screen of the next (final?) mission.

His command centre was hit by a fuel air bomb, 3 A-10s, 8 Stealth Fighters, and a Particle Cannon.

Now that's destruction 8)

Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:08 pm
Minor Diety

That's the trouble with the USA, the particle cannon, fuel bomb and A10's are all uberweapons, but the Chinese EMP and nuke are a laughing stock, and the scud storm doesn't even come near a superweapon. :x

Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:52 pm
Minor Diety

Yeah! Frst moddish action. Deleted double post. 8)

How did you do the last USA mission? I took over the Chinese base, built six Overlords and filled their bunkers with snipers.
:rifle:

Needless to say they didn't stand a chance. :mrgreen:

Killing anything beside GLA with GLA? Impossible.
Killing anything besides GLA or China with China? Impossible.
Killing anything with the USA? Peanuts.

I guess the EA guys still have to do some balancing. :x

Wed Apr 16, 2003 3:12 am
Super Moderator

Yeah! Frst moddish action. Deleted double post. 8)

How did you do the last USA mission? I took over the Chinese base, built six Overlords and filled their bunkers with snipers.
:rifle:

Needless to say they didn't stand a chance. :mrgreen:

Killing anything beside GLA with GLA? Impossible.
Killing anything besides GLA or China with China? Impossible.
Killing anything with the USA? Peanuts.

I guess the EA guys still have to do some balancing. :x

You killed my posts (or maybe we simultaneously deleted them) :?

I did the last US mission the same way I did every other US mission. 12-15 Commanches providing a defense and an attacking force. 8 stealth fighters to hit them where it hurts (ie, resources). 8 migs to take out stinger sites (yes, the stingers). Migs are quite good at this, as the napalm kills the 3 stinger troops in the site, and it takes a while before more troops fill the gaps. Chinooks and Rangers with flashbangs to take out the wall garrisoned by the GLA infantry (btw, what do flashbangs actually do? I equipped them with them, but how much difference does it actually make?

I used my 3 A-10 strike, my fuel air bomb thingy, and my particle cannon, and my nuke to constantly bombard them while pathfinders, patriots and Commanches defended my bases. In the end I had 5 elite pathfinders (<<<).

I disagree with the GLA being useless now. Rocket buggies rule. Unless the US player has hordes of commanches, the rocket buggies are leathal, and even worse against the Chinese, whose overlord tanks are slower than slow.

I'm finding China hard going, as the rocket buggies are a pain, as are the terrorists and car bombs. Ugh. The tanks can't stop them.

Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:18 pm
Minor Diety

When I deleted it your first post was still there.

The tanks can stop the terrorists in cars, but you have to make them shoot at it. I only used my A10 and fuel bomb for their scudstorm. I find playing with those far too simple. I also didn't need any airplanes. When I have 5 snipers in an overlord the stingermen are dead befor they know I'm coming. :D

With flashbangs you can clear out civilian buildings with enemies in them. Kinda stupid, flashbangs don't kill people. It would be better if you would be able to enter captured buildings with your men and have the flashbang as an advantage factor.

Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:03 am
Seigneurial Lord

I have it. The Officer's Edition :D. IMO America has a great advantage because of the many different aircraft. Raptors are great vs. tanks, Stealths are good against defense, and Auroras are good against buildings/groups. No missiletrooper or AA cannon can withstand it. That new tech mod is quite cool though :) Check http://www.generalsfiles.com

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Sun May 11, 2003 5:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Hey a new member! Welcome (or are you a known one in disguise).

That mod looks great. There's also a pretty good mod still being built on www.cncmatrix.com, plus a lot of good maps.

Sun May 11, 2003 7:28 am
Seigneurial Lord

Looks cool too! And actually, I've been at Walkthrough-Online a long time (ago). WHen I recently came back at W-O, it closed after a few weeks. Just heard there was a 'new' one from Rinox.

Sun May 11, 2003 8:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Cool! The more people from the old forums the better.
At first I thought you was someone from another forum I'm on because you have the same homepage as someone there. :wink:

Sun May 11, 2003 8:19 am
Seigneurial Lord

It's not my homepage, it's a game a friend of my made with a couple of other guys. I don't really have one, and the link just gives me some bonuses :P. (bit off-topic :roll: )

Does anyone of you play C&C:G online?

Sun May 11, 2003 8:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]