It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
SpellForce 
Seigneurial Lord

Post SpellForce
Anyone plays/played this? It's kinda fun. Bit like WC3, with both RPG and RTS elements, but in this game it's much more RPG based. For example, you are able to travel back and forth between maps, you can equip you character, in some levels it's just your character and some heroes, you can pick abilities and spend stat points when you level up. It's good :P And you get new buildings/units by buying them from merchants or by finding them in chests.

There are just some terrible mistakes in it. The programmers thought only male characters would play it, so when my female mage eventually reached a besieged city, they said: 'Look, a man approaches from the west'.... that sort of things. Heh, and on one map, an NPC gave you a hint to defeat the enemy easily, but I always have my sound very low and the subtitles were German at that part (usually English). And there is something else that really bothered me: when I looked at the description of a building, it said 'Automatically heals woundet units'. Woundet! ffs! Couldn't they get someone who can write English? The female speech of NPC's is very monotone as well, horrible. And in most cases you can't pick what your character says. It's frustrating to see your quite intelligent mage threatening someone to kill them.

One thing I really like is that you can play multiple races at once, and f.e. elves can't mine iron, but have units which need iron, so you have to get another race to mine iron to get those units. Something else is that if you have a 'dark' race you can't go to 'good' cities, or they'll attack eachother. The same if you have a 'dark' and a 'good' army :D You can also switch camera modes from RTS view (as in you see everythin as if you're floating above the land) and RPG view (3d person). It's incredible if you're in the middle of a battle, or stand with your army in front of a fortress.

The gameplay is quite nice, the units are very detailed, the graphics look good, but there are some serious things wrong in this game. But it's good, if you can ignore the bad things. :?

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]