It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Alien v Predator 2 
King

Post Alien v Predator 2
I had a gift card for Game Stop and I didnt know what to buy. I saw AvP2 and I always had wanted to get it so I figured what the hell. If you liked the Aliens movie or the Predator movie then you will love this game. The single player allows you to play as a Marine, Alien, and Predator and all the mission overlap. The story takes place on 1 planet. It was simply awesome. Very fun. The Alien mission takes you from a facehugger, to bursting out some guys chest, to headbiting marines. Predator allows you to collect skulls, your infared and 3 other vision modes, use plasma caster ect. Marine...the Marine mission sucks cause all you get is a shoulder light and a motion detector and all the aliens jump out at you and it scares the crap out of you. Havent done Mp.

On a side note, I was looking on a AVP2 website and they have a AvP movie coming out in August of this year. Director is Paul Anderson, he directed Shopping?,Mortal Kombat, Event Horizon(good movie), Soldier, Resident Evil.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/avp/medium.html
http://www.avp-movie.com/

Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:26 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Minor Diety

AvP2 is scary shit, you've got good taste Eleven. :) The MP is great too, the balance between the characters is worked out pretty well.

If you'd be interested in another good budget tip: Undying; one of the three scariest action-ish games i ever played. After Realms of the Haunting and before AvP2. And it's graphics are still very decent too, it uses a tuned up version of the unreal engine methinks.

- Coach

Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:13 pm
King

Ill look for it next time Im at the store, thanks for the tip.

Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:14 pm
Profile ICQ YIM
Seigneurial Lord

AvP2, I liked it. I really liked the Predator missions, but didn't play the Marine missions, because it was too much of a standard shooting game :? The first few missions of Alien are v good though, I can recall that you actually have to eat a way out of a human body once you've reached the next growth stage. Predator had some great weapons :D It was fun to shoot human heads off their body with the spear gun, and then collecting them, stuck on the wall with the spear :)

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Undying for sale on ebay, within a day, for a measly 2 bucks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=11047

Buy that shit! :P

P.S. did i mention that Clive Barker wrote the storyline? (author of Hellraiser, a.o.) :)

- Coach

Thu Jan 29, 2004 6:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]