It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Max Payne 2 
Felix Rex

good guess..yes, done with hardboiled. Currently playing Mona in the construction site for DOA. BTW, have you gotten the patch from the MP3 site? There're a couple extra dead man walking levels included...even one where I survived for a whole 6 minutes before being annihilated.

I think MP3 should be primarily Mona. I'm really somewhat disappointed in the ending. I was hoping it'd change on higher difficultly levels. :/

Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:38 am
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

Just got MP2 - haven't tried it yet - too overawed by CoD - ABSOLUTELY AWESOME GAME!!!^!^@^!!!!! The car mission, the prison rescue - currently up to the dam.... very, VERY fun.

Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:56 am
Minor Diety

CoD owned yeah, and you haven't even gotten to Stalingrad yet apparently :D

But MP2 is the coolest game in a long time, sorry Inqui. :)

I haven't been playing anymore since my last post so i'm still at the beginning of DOA, let me know if something extra happens when you finish it. :) I got the new lvls of DMW yeah, Mona's playground rules. Good job on surviving 6 minutes btw, best i did so far was 4.35 on the construction yard map. :/

About the MP3-mona thing, is that a typo, or did you forget her erh..accident? :)

- Coach

Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:25 pm
Felix Rex

Hell, she got a bullet in her head the first game. Who knows, maybe Mona's sister isn't really dead or something. :/ They could do it. I think it's kinda screwed up who your friend is in MP1, and then your enemy in MP2. Ah well. Can't trust those people anyway.

Anyway, I'll let you know if anything changes.

Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

That Something Square one - AWESOME. As was the first soviet mission. Totally rocks!

Btw - started MP2 - pretty darn good - but a bit unusual for me, I'm used to the standard fps - still rocks though - love the shootdodges... :) - it's my standard peek around corners where there might be a guy. I've only just started though.

Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:32 am
Minor Diety

heh...calling it an accident now, eh?

for sake of spoilerism yeah. :) And cool about lmetting me know, i read somewhere about an alternative ending. Maybe it was bull, but it'd be cool.

- Coach

Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:58 am
Stranger

The film "Payback" with mel gibson was on tv the other day, hmmh try watching the movie while comparing it to max payne :D

there are some similarities.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:23 pm
Super Moderator

..................SPOILER WARNING!!!.............

Love MP2 - got stuck on the final battle with Vlad - ugh. I did a Satis until I read a walkthrough - how are you supposed to know to shoot the pins.....?

Anyway - I did it in about 2 minutes - run in - MP5 out, scope, bullet time, first 3 pins down before he throws 1 molotov, next 3 out, gap it from the explosives, get the last pin - then pull out the M4 - and basically run around the platform until he appears - bullet time, nailed him.

Detective mode complete.

Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:54 pm
Felix Rex

******************more spoiler****************

I figured out the first set of pins on my own, somehow. For some reason it was the second set that stumped me for awhile. But yes, once I knew what to do, it was MP4 time...tap the first three in no time, then tap two at a time until he shows himself... then M4 to the chest.

Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Super Moderator

But thanks Satsi....

Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:35 am
Felix Rex

yea, that was me. :) Didn't need you ruining the story after Ox and I went through so much trouble to keep the plot twists a secret. :roll:

Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Marquis

anyway the last fight in MP2 was so similar to in MP1, wasn't especially hard to notice what to do boys, don't know why u had so much problem :roll:

Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:36 pm
Minor Diety

The main problem was that i was thinking rather more realistic than the actual solution, namely shooting all the glass out of the contruction and then have him throw dynamite at me on strategic places (corners). I figured if i'd take out the basic support means and beams of the thing it would collapse under the weight of the entire army depot he seemed to have up there. Thinking of realistic solutions seldom pays off in gaming. :roll:

- Coach

Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:47 pm
Super Moderator

Yea - I tried that for a bit - I also tried jumping up the rails as the glass got blown... I swear I fell at least 10 times...

Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:45 pm
Felix Rex

yea...I fell alot. I spent a good amount of time shooting at the spike, trying to get it to fall. Used basically ALL my freakin' ammo doing that, but never managed to accidently shoot out a pin. Go figure.

Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next