It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Max Payne 2 
Minor Diety

Post Max Payne 2
Anyone played it yet? snce i really liked the feel of MP1 i was looking forward to this one; and wasn't disappointed...great atmosphere, cool setting and ofcourse fat action scenes of Max spraying double ingram death while diving! :D

It's really short and kinda over the top with the drama, but still very nicely done.

- Coach

Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:08 pm
Felix Rex

no, haven't gotten it yet. Very much want to. And over-the-top drama is what Max Payne is all about.

"I was in a computer game. It was the most horrible thing I could imagine."

Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

It can't run on my pc, but I played it at a friend for a few minutes, and I immedeately got the good old MP1 feeling back, so it must be a very good game, just as part one was.

Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:23 am
Stranger

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:09 pm
Minor Diety

So, you bitches played MP2 yet by now? I've been playing it when i wasn't testing to counter the RPG with some good fat action scenes. ;)

Anyways; in one word: brilliant. Just everything about it. The cool thing about MP2 is that there aren't any super-duper lvl-bosses, they all die when they take a certain amount of bullets, instead of having to pump so much lead in them you that you wonder why they don't just sink tru the floor. :/ And you don't feel like superman or something either yourself; rather like an "ordinary" man in unusual situations. Unlike say; quake etc.

So; HUGE thumbs up. This one's going in my all-time top 10-15. If it weren't for the shortness top 5 prolly. :)

- Coach

Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:50 am
Felix Rex

yeppers....I played it through once... doing hard-boiled now. Very good game. The ending was a bit... dark. :) Ah well. I've downloaded the mod tools for it as well... I may start mapping for it at some time in the future.

Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Marquis

it's way too short though and all those metaphors, drove me mad

and is it just me or in bullet time is he able to move quicker than normal....kinda annoying that, being he's just a cop an isn't in the Matrix or something :?

i guess it's pretty good, was a bit dissapointed though

Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:10 pm
Minor Diety

There is a difference in bullet time in MP1 and MP2 yeah; but he doesn't move faster just like that. The more and the faster he kills enemies; the faster he can move in bullet time. And the more time gets added to his meter. Or something like that.

I'm going to do hard-boiled and eventually dead man walking, when i finished writing term papers. :/ Or maybe i'll just play a little bit... ;)

- Coach

Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:09 pm
Marquis

yeah i know how the bullet time meter works ox, i just finished the game...... :roll:

it's just when it goes gold, you just kick so much ass it's stupid

Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:57 pm
Felix Rex

heh....I rarely used bullet time the first time through... only when I got killed a rediculous number of times at the same spot. Second time through I'm using it more, but just to make stuff happen faster.

I want a panic room. :P

Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

lol...what struck me about the panic room is that it sank tru the floor after one measly explosion...kinda erh..past the panic room point, wouldn't you agree? ;)

And hard-boiled goes surprisingly smooth...played chapter 1- 5 of part I in like half an hour..you got the same thing happening Satis (advancing very quickly in hard-boiled)..if not i might have chosen "detective" accidentally methinks. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:15 am
Felix Rex

hehe...yep. It's going pretty derned fast on hard boiled. Haven't played in a day or two, but I should be there soon. I'm up to playing Mona... I love her rifle. :twisted:

Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:28 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I'm more of a striker man myself...that thing is a monster...:o

Just finished game on hard-boiled btw; endfight done in 2 tries. When you know what you gotta do it's easy as can be...shoot the pins; then, when he starts throwing molotovs, go in bullet time and empty a colt clip on his head. :D

On to dead on arrival, screw termpapers! ;)

- Coach

Sat Nov 29, 2003 2:08 pm
Felix Rex

heh...yea. It took my forever to beat the end battle the first time... I was running around in circles, avoiding bombs, trying to figure out wtf I was supposed to do. Once I figured it out, 30 seconds and i'd blown the first set of pins... 30 seconds more and the second set was gone... then colt in the face. Much better than running around having the floor blown out from under me.

Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:26 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Damn right...i had only a few parts of the floor still intact in my first time through which resulted in numerous falls and reloads. :/ How's your game going along now, guess hard-boiled is done by now?

Dead on arrival ownz; a little bit tougher still, ànd restricted saves per lvl. :D Normally speaking that sucks, but in a game as short (and übercool) as MP2 i don't mind. ;)

- Coach

Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next