It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deus Ex 2 
Felix Rex

jesus, no it shouldn't. That's slower than a freakin' ISDN BRI! Err...I'll get that demo ASAP.

Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:07 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

has anyone played the demo? I hate to say this, but I'm seriously unimpressed. The graphics seem blurry and washed out and the characters seem just as lifeless as in most rpgs. :/ What'll it take for developers to give their rpgs some lives? Like... have them stop just standing there 24 hours a day and make them actually do stuff (like sleep and eat and drink, etc).

Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

I totally agree with you satis. It totally lacks the playability of the first Deus Ex. And the inventory system is also well, a f**k up. i tried using better reso's but that only caused bad graphics lag on my compu.

Also the biomod and skill system was somewhat difficult to understand and the tips werent much of a help.

Still there are some nice things in the game, like throwing bottles to create distractions and the spider bomb looked cool.

If the full version is as lifeless as this then...I'm still gonne get it and complete it coz i want to know the story but in that case im gonne havto take back and eat my words: simply the best game of the year.

A sad disappointment

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:15 am
Stranger

On the other hand, this is what Ion Storm had to say

http://66.193.119.177/index.php?showtopic=205527

Be well or Get Help!!

Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:25 am
Minor Diety

What'll it take for developers to give their rpgs some lives? Like... have them stop just standing there 24 hours a day and make them actually do stuff (like sleep and eat and drink, etc).

Yeah... that can add enormously to a game feel....take Arcanum; it had some serious shortcomings, but one of the cool things that everyone in the cities, from storekeepers to noblemen to ordinary ppl; they all went to bed at night. At a certain time of the day you could see them walk to their bedroom, crawl in their beds and start napping. Some of them only just woke up then ofcourse; necromancer store type of ppl. :roll:

Erh..what i meant to say is that i agree. :)

Don't think i'll be getting the demo now. :(

- Coach

Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:57 am
Seigneurial Lord

I d/led it a few days ago, but somehow it got canceled at 99% (as usual :?). Can't be bothered to do it again.

All hail to the Creature Profile Writer!

Sat Nov 29, 2003 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

well, I did some of the tweaks that were suggested in that link Peltz dropped, and it's a bit better. The blur is gone (thank god) and it now the graphics looks a bit better... but, just a bit. The faces still look really bad. And the AI still sucks. I mean, are you really supposed to be able to kill an armored guard with a flame thrower using a freakin' pistol? Ah well... I'll just wait till it's in the bargain bin or something.

Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

there was some error concerning the flamer, if you stand in the guards face (meaning very close to it) the flame comes right out of your back wo damaging you, nice eh :D

They should give an option in the game, Realistic mode. One shot in the head and off you go 6 feet under. sure helmets can help or whatever but if you shoot in the mouth or throat theres not much chance of a survival.

Be well or Get Help!!

Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:19 am
Stranger

Arrgh cant figure out inventory system, how do i get rid of things, cant use anything from my inv coz pressing enter or double clicking aint working.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:24 pm
Felix Rex

I believe there's slots on the left that show your active inventory selections. Click one of those once, then click what you want to replace the thing you clicked. If that makes sense. Anyway, the inventory system sucks. :/ Man, I can't believe they managed to fuck up the game that bad. I'm so unbelievably disappointed. :(

Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Makes me wonder why they did the sequel anyway, this is not Deus Ex, this is some poor consol game that has good graphics, no content.

Inv still didnt work. i tried everything, not sure whats wrong with it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 21, 2003 12:12 pm
Minor Diety

Crap, if it sucks that hard i shouldn't have wasted cd's over it :/ Erh...i mean, paying 50€ for it in retail, yeah. :roll:

- Coach

Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:00 pm
Felix Rex

sorry Peltz, can't help you anymore. The demo is long gone off my computer and I haven't acquired the full version. :) You may wanna try a Deus Ex help forum somewhere.

Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2