It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Starfield 
Felix Rex

Post Starfield
Starfield was announced recently. I searched the forums and Ox actually mentioned it in 2018 as being teased in E3 or something, but my memory doesn't go back that far. Anyway, some people are calling it No Man's Skyrim. Plus it's being made by Bethesda... so... yea, I'm a little curious.

Here's an article about it: Ars Technica

Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:46 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Starfield
Yeah they announced it ages ago. Niall was interested but I think his latest look at it put him off a little. I want it to release coz when they first announced it they said they wouldn't release TES VI until it was out so it needs to bugger off out the way!

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I mean it looks good but also kind of....like I've seen it all before. I don't know. :) Maybe I'm being jaded haha.

We'll have to give it a chance when it lands, maybe Bethesda really perfected everything and it's an amazing game. But knowing their track record it's gonna be a very console oriented control scheme which will take a lot of the fun out of it until someone mods it. :-/

- Coach

Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:04 am
Stranger

Well the game is out and judging by the reviews it is exactly what one would expect from Bethesda.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:13 am
Minor Diety

I have a friend who's had early access and he swears it's not just "skyrim/fallout in space". Yet everywhere else says otherwise...

Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:00 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Considering the scope and elements of the game, it quite literally can't be. Considering the bland and shallow writing, plethora of bugs, superficial depth of different elements it very much is. Here's some of the more funny reviews.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:03 am
Felix Rex

Yea, the reviews have not been flattering. Par for the course on a freshly released Bethesda game? That said, in my opinion, Fallout 4 was a really good game... but I bought it several years after its initial release, so they had time to fix bugs, add content, add DLC, etc. I think I'll probably circle back to this game in a couple years (especially when it's on sale) and check it out. I have so many games in my backlog anyway that I'm really not in much of a hurry.

Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:58 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Just out of curiosity I've watched a little bit of Spiffing Brit generally trying to break the game. He didn't do any story stuff, was just pratting around on side missions. From what little I saw of the levelling up it's straight up Skyrim and there were a few other things that screamed Skyrim at me. I'm not saying that's a bad thing; if I actually liked sci fi I'd probably be over the moon and be on Starfield right now. But I don't so I'm just glad it's released and they can get on with TES VI :P

Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well since it is bethesda, that's like a 10y wait on the TES6 until it is playable as it is meant to be played. You know after the modders have fixed it. Fu***** hell, i'll be like 50 then.

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:04 pm
Minor Diety

Let me have my dream Peltz, I'm well aware I'll be retired by the time it's out :lol:

Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Peltz is mellowing pretty hard into the jade. :lol:

Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

The takeaway from this video is that the engine has optimization issues.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]