It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Conan: Exiles 
Felix Rex

Post Conan: Exiles
I picked this game up during the Steam fall sale for Shiny and I. She then picked it up for a couple of our friends, and one of those picked it up for a few more friends. :roll: It's kind of like Ark, but it has boobs instead of dinos. Basically it's a multiplayer MMO with a large map where you harvest resources, build houses, and murder people. It also has the added mechanics of taming creatures (not like Ark... in this one, you steal their babies) and taming people (by knocking them unconscious and putting them on a wheel of pain). In either case they can follow you around and act as fighters or to carry your crap (or both). There are also horses to ride. In addition, some of the thralls (slaves) have special skills so you can slot them into your forge, carpentry bench, etc to give bonuses.

Anyway, it's a pretty fun game. I've sunk 60 hours into it in the last week or so (I was on vacation). If this sounds up your alley, I'd recommend it. Oh, and full nudity is a thing. When you create your character, you can adjust your boob/dong size. :roll:

Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Post Re: Conan: Exiles
I looked at this a while ago, the fact you can climb cliffs etc sounds fun too. I might have a look if it's still in/goes back in the sale. The same people are doing a Dune survival game too.

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

oh nice, a Dune game sounds amazing.

Still playing this very heavily with a number of friends. I'm running a dedicated (and password protected) server you can join if you do pick it up. There are a lot of DLC, but except for one that adds a new island (and you have to start a new character), they're all decorative. So many pets. I recently got a white tiger pet that is an absolute beast. I may post pictures eventually. :roll: Graphics aren't amazing, but they're not terrible either.

Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I had a quick look, base game is still standard price for now, they've got the bundle with everything in on sale for £133! Bit steep for a 'I might like it' so I'll wait for January sales, it's bound to go back in. Then I might pick it up and jump on your server. Pictures might persuade me though, especially of your tiger!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:32 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Lol... i'll get some more pics later, but here are a few. And just for clarity, all you need (for now) is the base game. there's one DLC that's a new island, and if we were playing that (we're not) then you would need it. All the other DLCs are completely optional and basically just decorative. Anyway... some pics! These are a bit old, before mass-producing steel became a thing for me.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Here are some newer pics. We really need to relocate our base to a better place (and we'll also probably start getting raided by the AI).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

All looking good Satis! Although I might say there's no such thing as too many pets ;) Surely your dancer counts as a pet too?

Anyway it looks pretty cool, I love the alter and the wheel of pain. The altar looks quite Egyptian.

Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

You're right, the dancer counts as a pet. You can even have them follow you while you're murdering stuff and they'll help. Which is a bit weird because as soon as you're done moving/killing, they immediately break into dance. It's a tad disconcerting.

We've built a new base further north and are sorta relocating. The northern base is subject to The Purge (a raid mechanic), but the one we had so far bugged and all the enemy wolves spawned underground. We've got a bunch of archers on the walls and various fighter thralls on the ground, so I suspect we'll dominate any purges that don't bug out in the future. At least I hope so. I'll try to get more pics. We've got some pretty badass pets. After you steal their young and raise them in pens, there's a small chance they'll turn into a greater variant. Shiny and I have white tigers, for instance, and another guy has a mammoth (which is like a doubly rare elephant). Shiny of course also has a ton more pets, including a greater alligator. I have no other greater pets, but I do have a number of named thralls, including TWO copies of Valaris Steps-on-toes, a male dancer. I'm amused enough by the name I think I'll keep him. Both of him.

Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I love that the dancers will just dance after you kill things. I'd be tempted to just run around with a ton of them following people in order to cheer on their heroic efforts! I like that name too, Steps-on-toes, perhaps use him in fights. I doubt the enemy will be able to do much if they're all hopping around holding their feet in pain.

I assume "The Purge" is just like a raid with npcs attacking your base then instead of players coming for you so if you're not on a pvp server it's still scary? Like when a rex strays too close in Ark, but intended?

Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, The Purge is an NPC-directed attack. The one we kinda dodged was wolves, though I've seen videos where it's Hyenas mixed in with a few random humans. I've still not really experienced once, so I can't give much more info. I need to remember to take pics! :roll:

Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Winter sale is here and Exiles + the extra island is on sale so it may be currently downloading... :P I had a look through and see what you mean about the other packs. I could be tempted by the medieval and horse related ones at some point but only if they were super cheap and I really get into it. I'll probably have a bit of a mess around today then see about jumping on your server for some shenanigans

Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

hah... yea, when we saw the packs were on sale everyone we played with started getting interested. Shiny said screw it and bought everything (like $80), and soon afterward I said the same. In the greater scheme of things, the cost is insignificant. And now I can put a saddle on a hippo, so there's that. :roll: Peltz joined the server as well, which is totally awesome. If you want server info, I'll be happy to supply. You can do your own thing, or we'd be happy to hand you gear and pets/horses so you don't have to spend so much time dying, your choice. :mrgreen:

So anyway, I have some pics!

Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Lol at the heavy armor.

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:54 am
Stranger

Unfortunately the game has become unplayable. It wasn't a problem in the lower difficulty areas but for some reason at the higher difficulty areas I got enemies floating 10m off the ground, I get hit by enemies that are 30m away and my thrall seems to fall through the floor constantly and then reappear randomly. I entered a dungeon to see if it would get better, it didn't.

The general ping on server list is 180ish which should be ok but I cant tell what it actually is inside the game well because the devs were stupid and didn't include it.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:25 am
Felix Rex

Crap, sorry man. I'm not having issues like that or getting reports from my other players, so I guess it must be ping related. I don't mind forcing a bounce on the server every day if that helps.

Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next