Minor Diety

Post Re: Conan: Exiles
:shock:

I thought Ark was bad with inbreeding! lol

Fri Feb 18, 2022 5:07 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

So I've fired up another Conan Exiles server, this one running Isle of Siptah. The old server is still up in case anyone wants to continue playing on there. Just search for Satis in the server browser and find the new one. Same password as before. We spawned on the west coast:

We're set up at a small base on the river almost directly east of where the character marker is on the map. You're both welcome to join.

Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Stranger

Just the two of you or all from the other server?

Be well or Get Help!!

Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:06 am
Minor Diety

Cool, I'm hoping I can start gaming again properly soon. I'm managing a couple of hours on controllers now so that's a start!

Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Sorry for the slow response. Some people are playing on both servers, some people are playing exclusively on the new one. Both will continue to be up for the time being. It's nice starting over from scratch... we were way over-powered on the previous map, so few things were particularly difficult. That's definitely not the case now. We had our first purge two days ago... it was a rocknose purge and the big 3 star guy showed up and absolutely destroyed us. So many thralls and pets dead. So many crafting stations destroyed, so many mats lost. It was really rough. We were over-confident (and I think nobody expected the purge to be that difficult right off the bat).

Anyway, Shiny and I have broken off from the rest and have our own defensible area. We have the basic fortifications up, but nowhere near enough thralls/pets to defend it yet. That'll come with time. Unfortunately it's not a very friendly area... lots of wolves spawn there, and we had a 1-star corrupted wolf spawn right outside the door. Running out past it isn't too hard (on a horse), but coming back in was something else entirely. We ended up climbing a cliff instead. :roll: Hopefully the automatic server restarts have caused it to despawn.

Anyway, new mechanics, new dungeons, new creatures. It's pretty fun so far. The map is a lot smaller and the resources are a lot denser, which helps cut down on some of the grinidng.

Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Stranger

Well my experience was that the pets were quite a bit weaker than thralls. In order to have any meaningful combat success you should have something that has 400 armor. Otherwise the hp doesn't really matter as they take too much damage too quickly. The Cimmerian berserker lvl1 had 3500hp and could easily be pushed to 800 armor making it much much more viable option for defense than any pet. Damage-wise it would also outperform most greater pets at level1.

I doubt I will be joining on the new server. I think I've seen/experienced most of what the game has to offer. I might return at some point to the old server just to kill that legendary Rocknose. That fucker wiped me out in the first attack round doing that spinning attack. Can't leave blasphemy like that unanswered. :D

Be well or Get Help!!

Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:16 am
Felix Rex

Agreed, that three star bastard deserves death. Regarding the new map, a lot of things are different here, but to each their own. You're always welcome to join if you feel the urge. There are named puppies! Since they don't have armor, they may not scale, but damn, they're pretty badass. A major benefit is they have guaranteed perks... no ramdomness where they decide they really want to be an archer.

Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I see you online! Just got the update installed so will jump on at some point if the server is back up, same login details?

Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:06 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Crap, sorry. I brought both my Siptah and normal servers online again, though I've actually been playing single player lately. Send me a message in Steam or Discord and I'll resend you login details (same as before if you still have those).

Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:46 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6