It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Steam on the go 
Minor Diety

Post Steam on the go
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57862944

Thoughts?

It's kind of a nice idea. I mean I like my Switch and the fact I can use it on a decent TV or handheld but... PC games need mouse and keyboard. That doesn't lend itself to being mobile. If I'm gonna take my mouse and keyboard with me to my parents to plug into their TV I might as well just build a new PC there. Plus I can only play my steam games. What about my GoG games? Or my disc games? No doubt people will hack it/format it so they can use any downloaded games. Also the memory on it... er... no thanks. Interesting idea though, actual mobile PCs... like one that can sit in your lap... :P

Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Post Re: Steam on the go
y'know, I'm kinda excited about this thing... but I have a gaming laptop. I'm not sure it's worth the expense. But... it's cool. I'm kinda interested.

Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I wouldn't exactly complain if someone bought me one. But it's only very recently I've even vaguely considered a gaming laptop (and still thinking no on it). I like being able to change up my hardware and do what I want on it. But as I say, no doubt it won't be long until someone hacks it to run Linux and shoves epic games/gog games/figures out how to run ISOs etc on it which could be very interesting! I saw someone speculating if it can end up being used with VR too which could definitely shake things up.

Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:35 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Just this last weekend I upgraded my laptop from a 256GB SSD to a 2TB one. So definitely not going to be abandoning that any time soon. Still, this thing is kinda cool. I'm going to say no for now, but I'll keep an eye on it and see how well it's received and supported. Apparently when it went up for preorders, things got a little wonky because of the load.

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]