It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 7:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
Pevil (trying to) survive Ark 
Minor Diety

Post Re: Pevil (trying to) survive Ark
You've got some serious human equine centipede vibe going on there Pev :lol:

- Coach

Mon May 01, 2023 4:03 pm
Minor Diety

What? I'm not doing anything. *puts away sewing kit*

Tue May 02, 2023 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Oh my god. I cannot unsee that. :shock:

I've been breeding stuff on Fjordur lately to prepare for the final boss on Aberration. No major progress really except to breed out some high-end rock drakes and currently working on megalosauruses....magalosaurii? Whatever... still working on that final high-level tame. I have no plans on actually breeding out mutations, just combing high stats. Also been working on a bridge/base from the main (north) Fjordur island to the fire island, because why not? I'll post pics eventually. :mrgreen: I have boosted loot drops, so I guess posting my maxed-out weapons and armor would be silly. :(

Wed May 03, 2023 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh ok so I cheat with my breeding boosts but your boosted loot drops is ok? :roll: :P

I tamed my first megalosaurus last night. Cute little guy was just curled up, in the open, in the snow. Floating above the ground. He was directly above where I know a cave is so I'm guessing he somehow spawned way off his Z axis haha. Either way, he was a decent level (130 wild) and begging to be tamed up. I also got round to doing some decent base building. I was going to move into a castle nearby but it's not like Lost Island where the ruins count as floors so I'd have had to put my own flooring down which would just look weird so I'm sticking to my cave.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 06, 2023 2:12 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Tonight's tames were a 145 paleo ark t-rex, a low level paleo ark t-rex (because it's green) and a griffin (reskinned and breedable on this map). The griffin took forever to get in the damned trap. I also managed to grab a breeding pair of daeodons, a 150 and a 145. Other than that I mainly just flew around exploring a little. I still haven't been everywhere, even by air. This map is huge.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 06, 2023 3:38 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Ah, very nice. Going to town on the taming, I see.

So... in defense of my settings... just took over a server from a friend who was paying for hosting, so all these settings are what he determined. I just copied them to my local server and then copy/paste them as I spin up new maps. So.. I'm not cheating. He's cheating. :roll:

We haven't been doing a ton. I've been working on a bridge in Fjordur between our island the the fire island (because... why not?) and been working on a megalosaurus breeding program. I don't plan on mutating them, but we had a number of high level ones we tamed so I was working on combining the highest traits of each. Ended up with a 250. I'm currently raising 1 female and 3 males. Once they're mature, I want to breed in a prettier color and then mass-produce them for the Aberration final boss. I figured while we clear the map and get artifacts, these guys can sit in cryo fridges to gain levels.

Sun May 07, 2023 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

All sounds like fun! I wanted to do those bridges in Fjordur too. Might get round to it one day. I did tame up some megachelons and was thinking I could use them as ferries to each island. I need to do more base building and start breeding on Caballus but I keep being distracted. I need a female griffon so I can breed them up too. Just because.

Mon May 08, 2023 6:28 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Speaking of things that aren't typically breedable....

Shiny and I tamed a couple Karkinos from in the aberration cave on Fjordur. They randomly spawn there and every once in a while you'll get a high level one. However, they don't breed. :( Since you can't have flyers on the aberration map, Karkinos are useful for harvesting resources. They let you carry creatures in their claws, so you can walk around with an anky, a doedi or both. :twisted: I also built a cloning chamber, so we might use that to make a backup copy. There's no imprinting these, so why not?

I'll try to remember to take some pics.

Mon May 08, 2023 6:44 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Ooh nice! I haven't tamed a karkinos yet. There was one near my starting base on Crystal Isles I kept meaning to get. I like the idea of walking round on a dino, wielding other dinos :lol:

I got some male rexes the day before last. I'd actually gone to find another griffon but not far from my base I spotted a 130 male paleo rex. Back I went for my trap items, got it set up, lured him in, knocked him out and stuffed some mutton on him. Went to make sure the surrounding area looked clear... if I'd gone 5 yards further there was a 145 male paleo rex :roll: Luckily he stayed where he was until the other tamed up then I repeated the process with him. I'm glad I didn't just kill the 130, he actually had a better health stat than the 145 or the female.

Tue May 09, 2023 2:14 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Ah nice. Yea, I've gotten a lot beter at the breeding thing. I tamed a bunch of ravagers (which are really good on Aberration since they can walk on ziplines) and have been busy cross-breeding them to get the best combination of stats. Even without mutations I've got my base up to 243. Currently I'm trying to breed blue into it, because the default brown is pretty freaking ugly. :roll:

Thu May 18, 2023 7:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Nice! Breeding is satisfying when it works out, very time consuming though (even with my sped up version :D)

I tamed a paleo baryonyx last night! Beautiful boy. I also got a breeding pair of basi's so now I have oil and have bred them once to get a seaworthy one to ride on. Today (while working, oops) I tamed some kairuku so I can set up an incredibly cruel polymer farm and went out to tame up the spino that has been in the same spot since the beginning. Except of course now it isn't there. Instead I spent 2 hours flying around the perimeter of the map on my argy. There are some amazing landscapes, one was so incredible I nearly didn't see an Alpha Fire Wyvern! Luckily spotted it before it spotted me and quickly changed direction.

Thu May 18, 2023 10:07 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yesterday was one of those days where none of the big stuff I wanted to do got done, but I got little things done instead. I spent most of the day while I was technically working :D just standing by my forges to get the 6200 metal ingots I needed for my amazing longneck rifle. Finally got it built and decided to test it out.

I went out to where the spino had been in the hopes a new one would have spawned. In fact I found one that had been there before; lower level but green so I set about making the trap for it. Trap done, I look over... the stupid thing got killed by a trike. I did manage to grab 3 tek parasaurs though, 2 female, 1 male, so I can make an electronics farm. I also found a 145 and a 150 maewing. 1 hit from the longneck knocked them out. Easy kibble eggs from them.

Finally I took a scenic flight home across the centre of the map and found a weird graphical glitch. I also found another spino so I might go back for that this weekend.

Fri May 19, 2023 1:59 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Yea, I have creatures glitch out like that sometimes when they die. Sometimes peoples' bodies will do that when they log out. A bit distracting, I must admit. We haven't been really doing much... breeding and raising stuff. We did FINALLY find another unicorn, and it was a female, so now we have a breeding pair. And they do, in fact, breed. We also found a pink giga that we tamed. It was really low level, so we're cross-breeding it with our high level gigas to get the good stats with the pink color. For Shiny of course. I don't particularly care for pink creatures. :roll:

I'll add some pics.

Mon May 22, 2023 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Those small gigas are so funny. I'm with you on the no pink creatures but sometimes you have to make sacrifices ;)

I've finally managed to tame some breeding pairs of spinos and barys. I also got some paleo carnos yesterday and have managed to breed a cool black, lime and yellow one. I also found some insane flak boots.

Tue May 30, 2023 2:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

The new giant bug was released a couple of days ago. I'm not sure what maps it's on (definitely The Island) but I've seen some videos of it and it's insanely good. A bit annoying to get one as you need to sacrifice a creature for it, and it needs to be a big, well mutated creature to get a good one. They're pretty cool though.

Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next