It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Valheim 
Minor Diety

Post Valheim
I know, every article at the moment is about Valheim. I haven't read any but just logged into Steam today and it was there in my discovery list. I read a few of the reviews on there and since it's only £15.49 and I had some birthday money I thought sod it, let's try it. The instant I read it's got skills that level up as you use them, a la Ultima Online or The Elder Scrolls I was bound to give in. Combine that with people saying it feels like playing Minecraft for the first time again and I was doomed. So I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. Anyone else playing it or considering it? If so we could team up together if you fancy.

Edit: Ok Satis already has 78 hours played :P

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Post Re: Valheim
Yup, Shiny and I are playing it. We've got a group of friends playing as well... I set up a dedicated server on a spare machine I have running at my house. If you guys are interested in playing on the server, give me a shout and I'll tell you the server name and password. I think we're close to the server limit on players, but that's probably a consecutive limit rather than a total, so you being halfway around the world that shouldn't be a problem (hopefully). I've even done some manual code modifications to try to improve performance. :)

Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Oh that'd be cool, I'll nudge you some time for it. I haven't played much yet so will probably dabble singleplayer a bit more before jumping on but definitely up for that.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:24 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

You can take your character between single a multiplayer as much as you want. You just bring over your XP/skills and whatever you have on your character. Worst case scenario is you lose all your gear, but since my server is pretty far along tech-wise, we can give you better gear than you could possibly make. Anyway, let me know.

Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:49 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Valheim got the Hearth and Home patch recently, so I'm back to playing for now. I doubt it'll last, but I'd taken enough of a break to find the game interesting again. Been breeding 2 star wolves for defense, building the new gear, and otherwise messing around. It's fun enough.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I keep thinking to go back to it. I only played for maybe 2 days and really enjoyed it but then just haven't returned. Not even gone for the first boss yet! Last I played I tamed up a couple of piggys.

Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Of course you tamed piggies! Why wouldn't you? Wait until you can tame and breed wolves! Not that breeding is interesting.. throw em some good, watch hearts, and a few minutes later a small wolf pops out. Since enemy raids on your base are a thing, we tamed up some 2-star wolves (the most powerful) and we bred them for defense. I've been breeding them a bit incessantly... I probably have somewhere around 30... a fair number in my courtyard and the rest outside my main doors. They tend to roam though, so I've found them pretty far away, tearing up the wild life.

Anyway, that's what I've mostly been playing. After farming up a bunch of onions (new resource), I've now built a farm in the plains I plan on using to farm a metric ton of flax for crafting purposes.

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:27 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think I stopped playing because it took ages to tame the piggys. And I tested and you can't just wander away from them, you have to stay nearby. But yes, you know me, when I get back on I will tame/breed lots haha.

I think we need a picture of your wolf-infested courtyard. I did sneak a peak at the patch notes and saw you can tame up a third creature now. I didn't realise you could get raided, or is that because you're playing multiplayer?

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Taming can be a bit of a pain, but shouldn't take too long. It's just a matter of luring creatures into a pen area and then feeding them once they calm down. The building is equal parts frustrating and enjoyable, so I keep doing it because I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm including some pics because why not? This is from the server I'm hosting. If you want access, DM me and I'll give you the hostname and password.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Wow those are some great pictures. I love the village. That's one thing I miss out on playing these sort of things single player. I often design an entire village in my head but never get round to doing it, plus it's all just in my style instead of having lots of different visions mixed in. I like Goldi the Lox too :lol:

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

Goldi belongs to Shiny, but the name was my idea. :roll: Mine's called Mai... because Mai Lox... ie Maalox. Sigh. I need a life. I finally finished that unfinished tower, but I want to re-roof it. I'm not happy with how it turned out. I'm rapidly approaching burnout on this game again, though. I'm not sure what's on deck next. I really need to finish Assassin's Creed: Odyssey, but that game's becoming a chore.

Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

You're starting to turn into Derf with the jade there ;) Mind you, I've not exactly been overly bothered with gaming recently. Must be something in the air.

Bad names are the best names.

Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

I'm still playing Valheim and still not finished Assassin's creed. :mrgreen: I did re-roof my tower and done other stuff in-game on Valheim. Breeding and murdering Lox for pelts and meat.

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]