It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Best of E3 2019 
Minor Diety

Post Best of E3 2019
Just gonna mention some games that were announced/showcased at E3 that I'm excited by...there are of course plenty others, feel free to add them if they tickle your fancy. But these are mine:

Doom Eternal

Release date November 2019

Evil Genius 2

Sequel to the flawed classic Evil Genius, which was a super stylized but super wonky Dungeon Keeper meets James Bond sort of game. (2020)

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2

Not sure if you were all aware that this has been announced (or rather is in development)? Pretty exciting stuff. :-) This gameplay trailer clearly has some issues (like the lip syncing) but there's a lot to love as well. Keeping a close eye on this. (Q1 2020)

Psychonauts 2

Sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, planned for 2020! Hard to say much about the gameplay but they got the tone right at least (not surprising since it's Double Fine themselves making the sequel)

Cyberpunk 2077

The granddaddy of all the games in development...it looks ridiculously good. And they got Keanu Reeves to play as a sort of digital ghost sidekick. Fuck yes. :o Release date April 2020.

- Coach

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:18 pm
Stranger

Post Re: Best of E3 2019
About cyberpunk. All the other games look and feel like shit now. So thanks for that :D.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:28 am
Minor Diety

Haha yeah man...it's hard to feel excited about anything else anymore. :lol: I think I might do a tech upgrade if the game does turn out to be the second coming of video games jesus. I've been burned too many times by hype, but CDProjekt have built a pretty impressive track record when it comes to delivering the goods. So...excitement still high!

- Coach

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:44 am
Minor Diety

I'm liking the look of Doom Eternal but it's one I'll wait for the price to drop on. I won't do multiplayer so that's a chunk of the game gone and it's unlikely I'd do more than one playthrough so no point forking out £50+ for it. Not a huge cyberpunk/sci-fi/steam punk fan so I won't get Cyberpunk but BF wants it so I'll half-watch him whilst playing my own stuff, it does look pretty amazing.

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

I think you can worse for a game to spectate yeah! I imagine it's the same for The Witcher 3, such a rich world and game that just watching someone play it is almost as nice as doing it yourself.

I get what you're saying about Doom Eternal, I don't do MP either. But I loved the frenetic pace of the previous game so much I might actually go full price on it, or early discount. :P Depending on reviews of course.

- Coach

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:31 pm
Minor Diety

*cast resurrection*

There isn't really an E3 this year as everything is purely digital for obvious reasons, but still figured I'd share some updated or new trailers. :-)

There's a remake coming up for the original Mafia, a game that has a special place in many people's hearts (including mine). Here's the story trailer they released a few days ago:

There's a new trailer for Evil Genius 2 and it looks amazing! Let's hope it plays as well as it looks, as that is where its predecessor failed.

This one passed me by completely but apparently Torchlight 3 is in early access on Steam! I loved Torchlight 2 so will be keeping an eye on this one.

The remake of the original System Shock (not 2) has a demo and a trailer out and it looks great! I recently played the original game and even though it was a bit of a battle with the systems and UI I could tell it was a special game, given its ambition and the time it was published. So looking forward to this remake.

Dwarf Fortress is coming to Steam and will have actual graphics instead of ASCII. Here's a first peek at what things will look like (forward to the second part of the video)

- Coach

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:37 pm
Minor Diety

I didn't play #2 but I love Torchlight 1 so keeping an eye on that for sure.

Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]