It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Elder Scrolls Online 
Minor Diety

Post Elder Scrolls Online
So there's a free week(end) for ESO and I decided to give it a go despite it being an 85 gig dowload...I've heard relatively good things about the game, that it stuck close to the Elder Scrolls lore and that you can play a lot of it without having to resort to other players. :) And then when they made the Morrowind expansion, well...that obviously thugged some heartstrings. Just look at that intro and listen to that music haha.

Stilt striders! Balmora! Dwemer ruins! Volcanoes! Vivec City! What's not to love. :)

I only played the first 30 mins after character creation yesterday and it was honestly pretty good. The combat was meh so far obviously, as I'm a level 3 character, but the dialogue and atmosphere were good to great. I'm gonna give it some more time in the next few days and see if I still dig it. Then I may actually spend the 10 euro on it for the base game + Morrowind. The MMORPG that is, not the singeplayer games.

The game is the Guild Wars model, you pay for expansions and DLC but there's not monthly subscription. From the research i've done it's wholly playable without spending extra cash in-game so that's a plus.

Anyone else vaguely interested in it? Might help to decide haha. :-)

P.S. I don't know why they don't add in an option to turn off seeing other players in the common areas. I mean you can already mute them into oblivion, so why not prevent you from seeing them and breaking your immersion? Can't be a big technical hurdle given the instancing they already do. I don't need to see some swagged out 12-yr old Russian kid with his pink armor and 5000 dollar vanity pet doing custom animations every time I walk to the store. :roll:

- Coach

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:41 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Elder Scrolls Online
Do you still dabble in this Ox? I'm guessing not, but if you ever do let me know. I pop on once a year or so for a few weeks (for free). Usually after they announce the next expansion and as you say go "omg nostalgia, have my money!"

Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

oh man, I was like, that sounds interesting... then after Pev's comment checked the date... 2018!? WTF?! Anyway, I've got work and a few games I'm juggling, so no time really. :(

Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

Yeah I jump on from time to time but don't do much at all. I pretty much treat it like one of the singleplayer games really and just get hyped up whenever they announce an expansion.

I've been playing since beta and my main is still only level 37 so that shows how little I play!

Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]