It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Phoenix Point 
Minor Diety

Post Phoenix Point
I'm not sure I mentioned it before but a friend of mine who's a supporter of the game shared the alpha demo with me. And while it's clearly still a work in progress that level at least already looks really, really good. The enemies are much more variable due to a mix of random generation and different abilities, and they also seem to hit a lot harder than in XCOM if you let them get toe to toe with your soldiers.

You can also pick and choose your shots better and try to target specific body parts for effect, like disabling an arm carrying a weapon or blinding an opponent. And they added vehicles (well, one, so far) in the previous update. You can load them up with soldiers, drive around, even run over enemies, and the gun is obviously stronger than that of a regular soldier. However if it gets destroyed while your guys are inside, they're obviously gonna die.

Here's some random gameplay I grabbed off the internet:

In the last updated they added the geoscape I think. Not tried it yet, may report on it later.

- Coach

Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:33 am
Minor Diety

Post Re: Phoenix Point
Release delayed to September 2019!

https://wccftech.com/phoenix-point-dela ... er-polish/

- Coach

Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:54 pm
Stranger

Damn, they're going toe-to-toe with borderlands 3 release. But since BL3 is going to be 6month exclusive for EGS (Epic Games Store) might just work out good for them.

Be well or Get Help!!

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:45 pm
Minor Diety

Isn't Phoenix Point also going to be an Epic Games Store exclusive? :o

Checked, and yep:

https://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-like-phoen ... -one-year/

Anyway, not sure if the Borderlands audience is the same as that of Phoenix Point anyway, so maybe it'll be fine. :)

Epic sure is hauling in those exclusives...I read somewhere that they are offering companies like the one behind Phoenix Point basically a guaranteed income of 1 million sales (as in, if the game sells below 1 million because it's an exclusive on its store, Epic just pays the dev/publisher the difference). Those must be some deeeeep Fortenite pockets considering the amount of exclusives on its store...

- Coach

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]