It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
RINOX!!! 
Minor Diety

Post RINOX!!!
The freakin sound dont work on ROTH!!

Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:19 am
Minor Diety

It's a problem in older games like roth yeah, you should be able to get it working tho. Check your sound card's DMA and IRQ and then manually enable it, that should do thr trick. I always have probs with getting it right in >win98 OS's, but it's possible.

- Coach

Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:22 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Sun Sep 14, 2003 11:42 am
Minor Diety

It works with MIDI, lol, but im not gonna play it in MIDI.

Problem is that ive got an Avance soundcard and its not listed, so it cant even auto-detect it.

I think ill never get to play it with sound.

Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:51 pm
Minor Diety

The sound is a major plus so you kinda have to. Just choose one of the three or so soundblaster compatibles; that should do the trick.

- Coach

Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:58 pm
Minor Diety

Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:23 am
Minor Diety

- Coach

Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:00 pm
Minor Diety

cant be arsed. My pc is too good for, so it wont run.

Ah well, im sure i can make frizbees aout of the CD's.

Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:17 am
Minor Diety

Friday 3rd October 2003

VALVE SUFFERS HALF-LIFE 2 CODE LEAK

Pesky hackers lift Half-Life 2 source code from Valve Software HQ and then upload it to the Internet

15:21 The Internet today is awash with news reports concerning the leaking of Half-Life 2 source code. Hackers who have managed to break into Valve Software HQ have stolen the code and then distributed it to the Internet, which has lead, not surprisingly, to huge numbers of people downloading the pilfered goods.
Ramifications of this leak could be huge. The source code that has been nabbed is essentially the Half-Life 2 game engine, from what we understand, and those in possession of it with the know how to interpret the information could cause numerous headaches.

Valve Software's Gabe Newell, in a lengthy submission to the forums on Half-Life 2 fansite Halflife2.net, has given official comment on the leaking of the source code.

"Ever have one of those weeks? This has just not been the best couple of days for me or for Valve," Newell begins his post before confirming that "Yes, the source code that has been posted is the HL-2 source code."

Following the opening is a bit of Colombo-style detective work where Newell speculates on how hackers could have gained access to the code. E-mail system hacking seems to be the prime suspect.

"At some point, keystroke recorders got installed on several machines at Valve. Our speculation is that these were done via a buffer overflow in Outlook's preview pane.

"This recorder is apparently a customized version of RemoteAnywhere created to infect Valve (at least it hasn't been seen anywhere else, and isn't detected by normal virus scanning tools)," he says, before summing it all up by saying that: "Well, this sucks."

"What I'd appreciate," he continues, "is the assistance of the community in tracking this down. I have a special email address for people to send information to, helpvalve@valvesoftware.com.

"If you have information about the denial of service attacks or the infiltration of our network, please send the details. There are some pretty obvious places to start with the posts and records in IRC, so if you can point us in the right direction, that would be great.

"We at Valve have always thought of ourselves as being part of a community, and I can't imagine a better group of people to help us take care of these problems than this community."

While we hope against hope that it won't be the case, the leak could also mean that Half-Life 2 will suffer further delay; but we've heard nothing to this effect from Valve Software as yet. Let's just keep fingers crossed that we never will.

Stuart Bishop

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:45 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

That's very old news. The Halflive 2 beta already leaked as well. :mrgreen:

Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:20 am
Emperor

http://forums.clankiller.com/phpBB-2.0.4/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=494

Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Felix Rex

yea, source code leaked a while back. It's the full engine source, but I believe it's from a beta build. Also, there aren't any resources... no levels, no textures, no models, no scripting, nothing. Just the engine. To someone that understands that crap it's a goldmine... to most of us, it's useless.

I've heard rumors of a beta leak, but I've never actually seen anything official about it. Well, shit, with an engine source leak and a beta build leak, that's all people would need to already start making mods. Of course, you could probably make a TC mod without the beta leak, but hey.

Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Minor Diety

fine, i was just being nice to ox. leave me alone.

Rock Band [35%]
http://www.cafepress.com/SmeepProducts

Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]